Arqiva

3.2

Arqiva CEO John Cresswell
John Cresswell

Great for career progression

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Winchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Winchester, England (UK)

I worked at Arqiva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really good at giving opportunities for projects. Great location, direct management were brilliant

Cons

some management staff were a pain, not very forward thinking in technology terms. frequently using older software

non-technical managers should not argue with technical staff. work better on staff retention as sometimes this was obviously overlooked

incompetent Managers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

I have been working at Arqiva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I couldn't, after scratching my head for 2 hours, think of any positives this company had on my career development.

Cons

Everything an aspiring recent graduate wants is missing in this company. My managers had no idea on the software I was working on, I could tell them anything and they would sit there nodding like idiots. They wasted money and time on things which weren't necessary, and alienated the experienced staff who had been with National Grid wireless and NTL broadcast ( before the merger and acquisition of these companies which resulted in the new company Arqiva). Their aim to "streamline" and micromanage the development of the software without knowing anything about the software caused problems between management and staff. This company should be avoided if you are young and looking to work on the cutting edge of computing/IT technology; when I left they were still using Windows XP. I left after 6 months, by which time I still had no dedicated development computer.

Don't put people in positions for which they have no experience. Your company, especially the IT department, is a joke. I laughed when the email was circulated saying you wanted to be in the top 10 employers in the UK. Firstly, you have no dedicated graduate scheme, and all the top 10 employers have a graduate scheme. Secondly, your company is using antiquated IT technology. I wonder what your clients will think?

I was not an employee, I was more like a piece of equipment they were unsure how to use.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chalfont Saint Peter, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chalfont Saint Peter, England (UK)

I worked at Arqiva full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay was good (but mainly because I'd been there for 11 years) and the people in my department were great. That department no longer exists, even though it was making money. Laziness, lack of investment, and no understanding of the specific market allowed it to dwindle.. Other employees on site were also great and I wouldn't hesitate to work for them again. .. Problems were higher up. One highlight was being told they were aiming to get into the top 10 great companies to work for list.. It made us all chuckle... for days

Cons

They are more concerned with being seen to do things for the benefit of employees, rather than actually making sure it's right for you as an employee...

I probably spent more time doing irrelevant corporate tasks, than my specific, so someone could tick a box. eg health and safety that was irrelevant to my working environment.. career progression plans, even though i was the only person who did my job and there was no progression within that role and i loved my job so wouldn't move anyway (it was a position that many people stay in for their entire career) . I spent a lot of time jumping through hoops and trying to play their games to to get management off my back so i could do the job i was paid to do...

Communication to senior management was totally non-existent when the management changed, and the one time we met them, they couldn't/wouldn't give straight answers to simple questions..

Finally the redundancy process was easy.. they farmed it out and pretty much ignored us once we were told we were going. (which came as a relief to many of us who were only staying there as redundancy was due)

NA... didn't seem to care what was said when we were there.. think they'd care less now we're not.

Excellent

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Arqiva

Pros

The dedication of the staff to keep the customer satisfied

Cons

Some poor managers were retained when they should have been removed following the merger of Arqiva and NGW

Staff retention is cheaper than recruitment

Ambitious, dynamic organisation

I have been working at Arqiva full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good terms and conditions, ambitious objectives - £1B revenue target, Top 25 companies to work for in UK, 75% customer satisfaction.

Cons

Many vacancies are filled externally which leaves limited scope for career progression.

It was a very enjoyable and exciting opportunity working for Arqiva

Current Employee - Receptionist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Receptionist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Arqiva as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I only worked for Arqiva for a month as a temp Receptionist. I enjoyed working there, friendly bunch of people especially in such a corporate environment.

Cons

It was a shame it was a short term contract, it would have a great opportunity otherwise.

The best company to work for.

Current Employee - S M O in Ipswich, England (UK)
    Current Employee - S M O in Ipswich, England (UK)

I have been working at Arqiva full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked of this company of years, And they have always been a good company to work for, They look after there work force very good.

Cons

There are lots of training and personal growth opportunities available for all staff what ever level you are.

Keep up the good work.

Work hard. Get rewarded.

I have been working at Arqiva

Pros

Always encouraged to learn and better yourself.
    Good career development opportunities.

Cons

None really. You take out what you put in

Lower management up their own arses

Former Employee - SMO in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - SMO in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Arqiva full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good prospects, if technology don't replace your job,

Cons

Office culture is moronic, they would rather kill the patient, than cure the disease.

You had some really good employee's but lower management got rid of grafters, and kept the one's who would not challenge their jobs, and their buddies, who just wanedt the money.

A confused company that doesn't quitre know where to go.

Former Employee - Programmer Manager
    Former Employee - Programmer Manager

I worked at Arqiva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technology and being at the leading edge of the DSO and DAB switchover.

Cons

Agressive Management who do not listen

Be open, Share ideas and when downsizing explain your rationale.

Arqiva Photos

Arqiva - Crawley Court (Photo thanks to Geograph user Hackbitz, Some Rights Reserved)
Moffat North Arqiva tower (Photo thanks to Geograph user David Neale, Some Rights Reserved)
Arqiva London Teleport (Photo thanks to Geograph user Danny Robinson, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo