Array Architects

Updated August 11, 2014
Updated August 11, 2014

4.1

Carl Davis

Creative and dynamic work environment.

Pros

Creative and dynamic work environment. Company has strong values and clear goals. Continuous Improvement is a top priority allowing the company to make changes whenever a great suggestion is made that would help productivity. Upper management is very approachable and happy to train new employees and answer questions. They are also open minded and do a great job implementing new ideas.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints.

Keep up the great work!

Niche Market, Many Opportunities

Pros

Over the course of my rewarding career with Array, I have been trusted to complete challenging initiatives and have been given increased responsibilities. Management appreciates the need for flexibility and does not micro manage if employees demonstrate initiative. Tools to get more than the job done are available, as is a friendly work atmosphere. Since the firm is dedicated to an employee-stock ownership arrangement, our future is in our hands, providing valuable incentive to do your best.

Cons

Nothing for the Con column.

Please continue to be innovative and technology-minded. Your best-in-class approach yields quarterly employee bonuses, always something to incentise solid performance.

A client and staff friendly firm

Current Employee - Architect  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Architect in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

You are able to make significant contributions regardless of your title, role or tenure. A firm that is continually looking to improve its value proposition to its clients and its staff.

Cons

The firm is very nimble so sometimes the speed at which change occurs may be disruptive.

You have your finger on the pulse of the market, keep doing what your doing.

Array Architects Response

Aug 14, 2014CEO

Array continually seeks out coworkers that are creative thinkers not only to improve on healthcare design solutions, but to propel our business forward by considering innovative technologies and ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I loved my job and the people I worked for and with

Pros

Array was a great place to work, people are trusted to make decisions and you aren't second guessed. Management was always ready to help out if a project need them or if you just need help.

Cons

Architecture as an industry doesn't pay great, I wish that Array could be different and value those that do a great job and reward them.

Keep up the great work.

Upper management is in it for themselves, not supportive of staff or causes.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Most of the employees are genuine and friendly. I also learned a decent amount from my time here. People at your level are kind and supportive.

Cons

There is a large and growing disconnect between management and staff. The management does not seem to take into account what the staff has been hired to do and instead micromanages.

Look at yourselves and the people around you. Let your staff play to their strengths, since that is the reason you hired them. Be more supportive in general.

Small (minded) company

Pros

Learned a variety of computer software programs.

Cons

All offices managed by the headquarter location, which resulted in micromanagement and limited ability for growth. Difficult to make any positive changes because of the hierarchy. Minimal supervisory support and no human resource department. Very low salary.

There is a disconnect between the executives located at the headquarters and the executives at other offices. The company's mission, values, culture, policies and vision should be consistent throughout offices.

Satisfied

Current Employee - Architectural Designer  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Architectural Designer in Cleveland, OH

Pros

A good place to work for. Nice boss and coworkers. Interesting projects.
    Company's commitment to young staff's career growth

Cons

No flexible work hours for staff

Array Architects Response

Jul 31, 2014CEO

While our office hours are driven by the demands and needs of our clients and projects, Array does offer "summer hours" to all our staff from May through September.

Learned a lot and friendly coworkers

Current Employee - Intern Architect  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern Architect in New York, NY

Pros

company is large enough to take on big projects, have multiple office locations, offer decent benefits but has a friendly, small-office feel where people are friends and everyone is willing to help each other.

Cons

No standard file naming/organizing system

I enjoyed my time at Array.

Former Employee - Architectural Designer  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Architectural Designer in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Array is a large office with a small office mentality. There are a lot of kind, professional and talented people who make Array a great place to work.

Cons

Unfortunately, Array is located far from downtown Philadelphia. Additionally, Array is a bit hierarchical. This leads to pros like specialization and cons like company wide strata.

Your approach to BIM and IPD is prescient. Array is business oriented, and this can be good, but sometimes it creates a stale atmosphere.

Worked for Array Architects? Contribute to the Community!