Arrayent Reviews

1. Great company for active learners

Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Arrayent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of challenging projects they have here, meaning that you have to quickly learn new stuffs to keep up. If you like the challenges or interested in learning new things, this is a good place to start. Within 1.5 years of working here, I have learned so much (from embedding programming to cloud development and DevOp tools) and I am very thankful for it.

Co-workers are nice, friendly and they are super helpful whenever you run into problem. They also have a snack bar with all the free snack you can think of. They also have a request list so that you can put your favorite snack on the list and it will be typically available the next day.

Cons

_ I don't like being tanned so I actually prefer the office in the basement (I have enough vitamin D for the day by working to and back from Caltrain for my commute) so I am all good.

_ The only con I can think of is the office is really cold. It's like Canada's winter in there but I just bought 4 North Face jackets so I am all good. Keep the cold temperature coming.

Advice to Management

_ Keep up the good work, embrace talents and do salary adjustment based on the market rate more frequently to retain talents.

2. Great place to work, more positive then negative!

I have been working at Arrayent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great people, everyone is very nice and you are not bothered or micro managed.
    -Very flexible if you have kids or just need time off for personal appts (we all have a life outside of our job!).
    -Company gives each employee thousands of dollars a year to your HSA bank account to offset high deductible, unheard of in the Valley.
    -Weekly lunch and unlimited supplies of drinks and snacks.
    -New leader made/making changes and moving company in the right direction.
    -It's a start-up! There will be ups and downs, if you want roses and fairy tales go work for an amusement park.

Cons

-It is a start-up, things are fast paced and constantly changing. If you don't like that then don't work for a start-up!

3. Exciting Space

I have been working at Arrayent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great Market
    * Top not customers
    * Good management

Cons

like many growing startups, very busy.

5. Challenging problems, rewarding experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Arrayent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the things I really like about Arrayent is that it's not just solving e-commerce/social/advertising problems with nice websites, but rather building an infrastructure for appliances and other kinds of devices to connect and talk to the cloud infrastructure. As such, it's not your typical full-stack web development job and counts as a very rewarding experience. It's an opportunity to solve challenging problems in a rapidly growing market space (IoT). Arrayent also has a top-notch list of customers, and I've had the chance to work with very bright developers here. We can also request snacks that we're interested in, and there's catered lunches every Friday.

Cons

Office is in the basement, so you don't get much sunlight on a daily basis. There was a reorganization that happened a couple of months back, so things were a bit messy, but we have balanced the teams, and the situation's starting to stabilize. Employee review process is completely undefined.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid of newer technology stacks.

Lost in Transition!!!

I worked at Arrayent

Pros

IoT Space, There are some bright people.

Cons

Engineering leadership lacks experience and very much into micro management. New leadership tore down the structure without a plan for rebuild. Company is in disarray. Engineering leadership is good at alienating smart people. Lot of old school technology thinking at the top. It is sad that company in in silicon valley, and yet does not see the sunlight. There are more executives than developers in the company. Zero team building efforts. Situation has become hostile. if you want to make a career in politics, this is the place to be. Customer brands depend on technology supported by this company. God save them.

Advice to Management

Focus on Team Building, Hire more capable Engineering leadership. Have inclusiveness, Empower engineers.

Company is spiraling down rapidly, help!

I have been working at Arrayent full-time

Pros

Company is in the IoT space

Cons

Application software provider disguised as SaaS company
    Product quality is poor and not getting better
    Customers don't like the product but are stuck because they don't have other choices
    Incompetent executive management, frequent re-orgs with no positive outcome

Advice to Management

Get someone to buy this company ASAP, for whatever pennies that can be had, in case another round of funding does not come by.

Meteros Fall - Dinosaurs Die

Current Employee - Technical in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Technical in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Arrayent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dedicated technical staff slaving in a basement office bullpen. All the power bars you can eat.

Cons

Business & technical model is no longer viable. Single use custom software "platform" for each customer, non multi-tenet. Solution doesn't scale across customers and is therefore extremely expensive. No value-add business applications. Per device charges expensive. Mobile application libraries are expensive and take forever to implement. Additional VC funding is not coming. No new customers, existing customers are leaving or looking for alternatives. Key employees leaving. Customers and investment community does not believe in this company nor its ability to survive. Model might have worked in the past, but not now, and not in the future.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. New management raise $MM, rewrite software, rebrand, and try to reemerge. Or just cut your losses now.

There are better alternatives

Former Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Arrayent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engaged in cool technology and discussions with prospects. Interesting technology with customers really trying to change their businesses.

Cons

It tough to tell if their technology lives up to their stories. Company is having trouble raising funding and the office politics are difficult.

Advice to Management

Consider changing senior management or selling the company.

Company is in turmoil, stay away

I worked at Arrayent full-time

Pros

_ Free snacks
    _ Some nice people working there. It is very fun to work with them.

Cons

Company has no clear direction, they love to bring in bunch of executives and highly paid program managers when the company is doing well but when the company starts doing not so well, they will lay off all the employees regardless of whether you are a good performer or not. Company has no cash reserve so they can easily turn from good to bad over a short course as little as 1-2 months.

I was laid off recently after they shut down my project. I learned that there were also a bunch of high profile exits and firing after my exits. All the good people I have known have left this company or plan to leave the company. The company is in a power struggle mode where the upper management purge all the people who disagree with them and their failing direction.

Company has very abysmal pay/compensation and very bad health insurance coverage during the time I was there. The plan has very high deductible and out-of-pocket limit.

If you get a call from this company for an interview, just hang up the phone then run away. There's no guarantee that you or the company will last in the next six months or so.

Advice to Management

Just quit and hire more capable people from outside to rescue this company from bankruptcy or pray to your Gods and hope that some big companies will buy this company.

Interesting technology play, but in need of strong business acumen.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Arrayent (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting technology. Brand name customers. Rapid growth. Salaries offered are low for the current market. Office location in downtown Redwood City is nice.

Cons

Management style is very "on the fly". Lack of strategic planning leads to a very chaotic work environment. Information is not shared across departments and employees are not tapped for their full potential and experience. Office space is in a basement with no windows except an atrium in the lobby. There's also no parking close by. No privacy. Paper thin walls. Engineering is in a bullpen. Salaries offered are low for the current market.

Advice to Management

Move to a real office space. Utilize the knowledge base you've employed. Tear down the silo management approach. A start up that needs to grow up into a real business now. Get a CEO who can lead a larger company.