Arrow ECS

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014

2.2

CEO

Brand Sales Specialist (current)

Pros

Arrow has great management team that is very strategic & innovative.
    They are focused on innovating for the future of our business based on the changing market.

Cons

Can be too much travel at times

Continue focus on mentoring and focus on the future

The place was wonderful where all your wildest dreams came true

Current Employee - Tech  in  Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Tech in Solon, OH

Pros

it's a job.check didn't bounce

Cons

Nothing any different from any other place out there

nothing

Depressing... Couldn't get out of there fast enough! Just wasn't for me at all...

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Englewood, CO

Pros

Some flexibility with working from home, hours, etc. but not much.

Cons

Culture was really bad -- employees walked the halls like zombies, and it was clear most hated their jobs. Company seems to be run by short sighted, narrow minded management. Salary was poor, and they asked their people to work a lot of extra hours without pay or overtime compensation. I thought that was borderline illegal. A lot of promises were made about future promotions and salary that were never kept. It was just a really sad and depressing place to work, and not for me at all. All the best employees left.

Act more like a tech company. Focus on making it a fun and exciting place to work, treat your employees right so they don't all leave, and so you can attract good talent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job, but I was onsite at a partner. Felt like I was on an island at times.

Former Employee - Brand Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Brand Sales Specialist

Pros

Freedom to do your job to almost a point of no guidance, which can be bad at times.

Cons

Not a ton of guidance or career development. My opinions, thoughts, and ideas weren't valued. Felt disposable like just a number or cog in the wheel.

Don't put so much on your own plate that you cannot have time for your direct reports.

Hardworking people being treated poorly

Former Employee - Software Sales  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Software Sales in Denver, CO

Pros

Had great customers and great team mates to work with. Most did their jobs well and went the extra mile.

Cons

I was an over-performer and was laid off, with the explanation that they were paying me too much. Why would you say that to a sales rep?

You are holding the company back with short sighted plans.

The place that lost all Ethics - 2014 , STAY AWAY!

Current Employee - Computing Division - HP/IBM/EMC/Netapps  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Computing Division - HP/IBM/EMC/Netapps in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

Inside Sales teams are honest people but management will not be transparent to employees

Cons

- Secretive Management that does not value the true potential of their employees.
    - Allow misbehavior and unprofessional manners of managers.
    - Very negative atmosphere with Vendors
     - Will not value you, will destroy your career and will not let you advance in the company.. BEWARE! and think twice!

I worked 10 years in this company and I experience the deterioration of ETHICS! and Bad Management!

We all know that you called your managers to fire two per department in order to salvage the financial crisis of the company. I question how HR did not evaluate the lay-offs with Managers.. you should now worry of the remaining employees that are thinking everyday why very good employees were asked to leave from one day to another for no reason!

Couldn't get out of there quick enough following a company takeover.

Former Employee - Technical  in  Newmarket, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Technical in Newmarket, England (UK)

Pros

None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

Following a recent acquisition, where we were unfortunately lied to before, during and after the takeover. Early days highlighted that Arrow ECS as a company are only interested in acquisition. It seems only very senior management are allowed to make a decision, middle and lower management are not empowered to make decisions at all.

Start treating employees fairly and equally. Personnel performing exactly the same job role have different terms and benefits. There is a complete lack of standardisation. A company is only as good as the people that work there, start treating them like human beings and give them the respect they deserve.

Worked for Arrow ECS? Contribute to the Community!