Arrow Electronics

Updated August 18, 2014

2.8

Arrow Electronics President, CEO, and Director Mike Long
Mike Long

Pros
  • Some management willing to work with the employees to find a work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Good compensation, independent work environment, challenging and satisfying work (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I will not recommend this company to anyone I care about because there is nothing called work-life balance in Arrow (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management places no more value on their employees than they would a copy machine (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Arrow Electronics summer internship program offers challenges and invaluable experience.

Current Employee - Social Media Intern  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Social Media Intern in Englewood, CO

Pros

I benefitted most from the networking opportunities and hands-on experience I received. The people at Arrow are some of the nicest I've ever met and they genuinely care for one another. The internship program is very structured but still allows you to exercise freedom in your work. I got especially lucky with the team I worked with, which I think is what really made this internship such a good experience. Definitely a great place to intern!

Cons

The required intern group projects were pretty time consuming and got in the way of every day work. We were all happy to present our projects and be done with them. Communication within the company also seems to be somewhat lacking, but they are such a large company that this is to be expected.

Very satisfactory job with constant movement within ones daily duties.

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Englewood, CO

Pros

Wonderful work life balance. Managers are friendly and overall easy to work with. Atmosphere at work is comfortable and generally stress-free.

Cons

Very little movement up the corporate ladder. Unless you transfer departments you will most likely stay within $2k to $5k of your current salary range.

Create more opportunities for communication between the sales teams and the corporate product managers.

Decent Summer Internship

Former Employee - Business Management Intern
    Former Employee - Business Management Intern

Pros

As an intern they fly you out to Denver and the pay is decent. When I interned it was $15 an hour. As an intern the schedule was a lot more flexible as well. The training was decent. The best part by far was being able to travel to Denver to meet other interns, but I like traveling.

Cons

My boss was the mirror image of Michael from the Office and did not know how to run a team sufficiently.I just did mainly data entry and it was a monotanous and boring task. No one on my team really respected our boss and honestly we thought corporate did not either. He would tell us TMI and weird us out a lot.

Screen managers better before promoting or hiring them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Use to love this place

Pros

Secure, financially stable company, many opportunities to move around to different departments.

Cons

promoting friends and favorites instead of qualified people.

Don't promise what you have no intention of keeping. Even if you think it may happen... don't mention or get employees hopes up until you KNOW the promise is going to come through.

Arrow, receiving

Pros

Good people, easy work, Mon-Fri.

Cons

Mandatory overtime, lots of it

Company has good benefits but is generally older

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

I interned with Arrow for two years be joining the company full time. I find that it is a good place to learn about the company and about corporate America in general.

Cons

Training is seriously lacking at Arrow. They are fond of throwing people into the fire and generally leave the training to your coworkers. This can work out okay but in my instance it did not. My coworkers were swamped with their own work and had little time to train me properly. I wasn't supplied appropriate training materials and there was a lot of general day-to-day information about my position that i wasn't told to me till a month before I left.
    '
    There are not many opportunities to move up in the company. Alot of individuals are stuck moving horizontally from position-to-position with slightly better or worse pay but never a true pay increase.

Training needs to be significantly better and a formal training program developed.

Good experience, slow moving internally

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst

Pros

The people are great to work with, everyone is willing to give career or business advice. Very conservative atmosphere keeps the workplace professional. Fast-paced industry provides a lot of different opportunities.

Cons

Extremely slow moving with promotions, senior leadership has zero work-life balance but a lot of managers and directors fight for it for their teams. Very behind in technology for employees, investing in the wrong places - extremely externally focused with spending.

Promote work-life balance, invest in employees

Good place to start

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Englewood, CO

Pros

Lots of advancement opportunities.
    Pay isn't bad
    People are all very nice to work with

Cons

Management is pretty jumbled.
    HQ is pretty dated
    Turnover for department is pretty high.

Good place to start

Pros

Atmosphere, work life balance

Cons

Huge company, job security is heavenly dependent on the economy.

Warm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Pros

Warm and friendly atmosphere, good pay

Cons

Lay off almost constantly a feeling of no stability

Decide what direction the company is going and stop so much inconsistency

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!