Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Arrow Electronics President, CEO, and Director Mike Long

Mike Long

Pros
  • Some management willing to work with the employees to find a work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Good compensation, independent work environment, challenging and satisfying work(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I will not recommend this company to anyone I care about because there is nothing called work-life balance in Arrow(in 6 reviews)

• Upper management places no more value on their employees than they would a copy machine(in 10 reviews)

Lower level management sucks

Automation Technician (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsPlenty to do.
    Lots of opportunities to learn.

ConsEmployees overworked.
    Increased responsibilities rarely leads to better compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors need to improve people skills

Good Company but they need better people to manage

ProsGood co-worker and if you do your job you can be rewarded the highist honor of being to wear jeans on Fridays!!!!

ConsMangers in the Finance Services Group. need to learn to motivate their groups. Unfortunately they seem to want to keep the worker under presser by addong extra work to them that can't be completed in a normal time frame. When they are not doing that they are running around being dress code police. telling employees to tuck in there shirts even though tucking in your shirt is not part of the dress code.

Advice to Senior Managementcome to work and figure out this is not High school. show some damn respect

Horrible MANAGAMENT !! 2014 Great inside sales teams !

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros- Inside Sales teams are honest people but management will not be transparent to employees

Cons- Secretive Management that does not value the true potential of their employees.
    - Allow misbehavior and unprofessional manners of managers.
    - Very negative atmosphere with Vendors
     - Will not value you, will destroy your career and will not let you advance in the company.. BEWARE! and think twice!

Advice to Senior Management- We all know that you called your managers to fire two per department in order to salvage the financial crisis of the company. I question how HR did not evaluate the lay-offs with Managers.. you should now worry of the remaining employees that are thinking everyday why very good employees were asked to leave from one day to another for no reason!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unfortunate you can't give 0 stars.

Technology Product Specialist (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsThey offer above average benefits and competitive pay.

ConsThe executive leadership is completely out of touch with its employees and reality. They are more concerned with the bottom line to impress their stock holders than they are on creating a better customer experience and for taking care of and rewarding their employees. They don't offer profit sharing or employee stock options and for a company this size to not invest in education reimbursement speaks volumes of their lack of foresight. For a company that preaches "innovation" and "5 years out" they show little to no preparation for a future with good employees. They do not reward, they do not promote, and they do not invest in their own talent. The culture there is "don't screw it up" and it shows. This company is completely broke of action consistent to what it touts it is. Go work for them if you want to believe in false promises and are happy staying in a stagnant thankless job.

Advice to Senior ManagementLayoff all of your senior management team Director level and up. Oh and go tighten your own belts! Maybe sell the two or three luxury import sedans you drive to work and give something back to your employees. If you're buying an AMG special order sedan and yet can't provide raises due to an "uncertain economic climate" then you're clearly cutting the bacon a little thicker on your plate than your employees. Truly a sad and pathetic company run by past middle age overweight white men who only look out for themselves. How about you stay true to your slogan of being Innovators and 5 years out...not Followers and 25 years back.

Financial Services

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood salary. You know what is expected. Goals metrics we'll defined

ConsBad management. Top execs are out of touch with employees

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Mediocre...at best.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThey have the health insurance I like. As far as coming with twenty words...this is an impossible challenge for me.

ConsNo raises for multiple years in a row. Overloaded and under appreciated. Once you get in...impossible to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees...not all of the hard workers are whining.

A glorified Sweat Shop

Project Manager (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsA paycheck and not much else.

ConsA very poor corporate culture. Supervisors generally lack Diploma's and common sense. Most employees are disgruntled , overworked and burnt out. They feel hassled by management who seem to hinder more than help the employees. H.R. inept is virtually non existent so employees have to fend for themselves. I would stay far away from this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and smell the coffee . As our economy is on the rebound your smarter and more savvy employees will lay you off not the other way around.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

I wound up being very disappointed.

Repair (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI got to do what I liked to do and was good at. Benefits was overall good.

ConsPay was low for my level of expertise.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. When you start buying up other companies have someone in charge that knows the business you are buying at the level of the people doing the work.

Nor careing about the workers.

Production Technician (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThe best reason to work for them is the pay check. They pay on time. They can keep you busy at a fast pace. Time just flys.

ConsThe bad part is all the lies, not being honest about anything. Also doing the side step passing everything back to HR department. And the HR Department passes it all back to the supervisors. Just a back stabing place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell, first of all be honest with everyone who works for you. The supervisors that run your shifts are not right. they lie to your face, then go behind your back and talk to others about you.

Arrow is not a customer friendly nor an employee friendly company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood work hours , good vacation.

ConsUpper management has no regard to employee moral

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your sales people

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!