ArrowStream Reviews

1. Opportunistic.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ArrowStream

Pros

ArrowStream is extremely collaborative, very supportive and open-minded regarding innovative practices. This is a team that is inclusive, allowing decision making to be shared across subject-matter experts regardless of seniority or title. Overall, the opportunities ArrowStream supports are endless, which really shows their value and trust of talented employees.

Cons

Because ArrowStream is so entrepreneurial, the challenge of this culture is that if you're someone looking for consistency and structure this may not be a likely fit for you. Flexibility and willingness to try new things are the norm at ArrowStream, so be ready to step up to the plate and explore the unknown to identify new best practices. Change is the only constant, but for ArrowStream this works well.

Advice to Management

Continue giving feedback-positive and constructive-to your teams. The levels of transparency have really grown over the last few years at ArrowStream, and in turn the trust of employees has also increased. Keep this up.

2. Many smart, dedicated people to work with

I have been working at ArrowStream

Pros

No matter what department you're in, you'll have great coworkers. The company is making a concerted effort to develop and promote from within. The company's proprietary technology is top notch.

Cons

Working for a small company isn't for everybody. It can be a difficult transition for people who are accustomed to the structure and formality of a larger organization. It often feels like senior management's assessment of the business and the employees falls into simple narratives. If you or your ideas don't fit the current story, it can be a challenging place to work.

Not sure where this company is headed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at ArrowStream

Pros

some fun co-workers and good customers

Cons

- Too many cheifs not enough indians - Only open to one exit strategy - Very poor track record of good executive hires - Business model fundamentally broke

Advice to Management

AS may not make it as a going concern. Way too many people counting the money versus people out there making it. Logistics doesn't make money and market for the technology application is very small. Not sure how firing the entire board solves anything.

I am proud work at ArrowStream and know that I have the opportunity to continue to grow, develop and advance here.

I have been working at ArrowStream

Pros

Collaborative team environment; strong, competent leadership; promotes social corporate responsibility; entrepreneurial environment; fun co-workers; opportunity for career advancement; I am encouraged to "own" my job; located in the loop

Cons

Company is continually exploring new ideas and new avenues. Although this creates an environment that changes frequently, it is the environment that any great small business should have.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that management should consider revising its dress code policy to allow flip flops during the summer :)

RSS Feed </> Embed