Art Institute of Atlanta

2.6

CEO

Need more funding

I worked at Art Institute of Atlanta part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment, good kids, eager to learn

Cons

Allocate some money for the department. The more that gets taken away, the more kids suffer

It's sometimes very difficult for students to paint the big picture and sometimes all the students need are a good push and a strategy.

Staff member

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Art Institute of Atlanta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good, but expensive health benefits, goof program for students

Cons

Very expensive education. Corporation does not care about people - only money, only numbers. Overwork management and staff at the schools, create absurd policies, unreachable goals, constant fight for survival.

Start paying attention to good employees, you lost many of them, try to keep at least some. Romance your employees. if you invest in people who work for you you will be able to get better results. Concentrate on services you provide instead of numbers. Think about your reputation...

Former Adjunct Professor

I have been working at Art Institute of Atlanta for more than a year

Pros

Faculty were very interested in helping the students.
    Offerings were specific to the needs of the students.

Cons

Programs are expensive.
    Opportunities to continue teaching were restrictive.

Speaking to individuals before making decisions by policy discounts the qualities the individual instructors bring to bear.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's all about the getting student money

Former Employee - Professor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Professor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Art Institute of Atlanta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There not much good about working anymore

Cons

They do not care about there employes are student it's all about the money

it's too bad the Art Institute of Atlanta use to be a great college and a great place to work. Now no one cares. it's to bad the Art Institute of Atlanta use to be a great college and a great play to work

Most fun I've ever had

Former Employee - Lab Assistant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Art Institute of Atlanta part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people that share your interests. great management who puts their employees first, great customers polite and all ways cheerful, delighted to come.

Cons

heavy lifting, constant change in hours for people with two jobs, rare occasions of rude customers.

Helpful Insight

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Art Institute of Atlanta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company provides great health care benefits.

Cons

The environment is very fast pace and employee must learn how to perform many different jobs to achieve the mission of the college. Being an excellent multi-tasker is the key to ones success at the college.

May the odds be every in your favor....

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Art Institute of Atlanta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, awesome coworkers.

Cons

HIGH PRESSURE / MICROMANAGE / LOW MORALE / HIGH TURNOVER / AWFUL HOURS / ETC. ETC.

I can't speak for other departments, but Admissions is pretty bad and very comparable to the movie Hunger Games. On top of being handed unattainable goals that seem to continuously increase, you also have management constantly reminding you of how you're not doing enough--no positive feedback or recognition. They also micromanage to an unbearable point, send threatening emails, make you fear you could lose your job, constantly changing forms or procedures, etc. Then they try to blame the negativity and low morale on the employees instead of looking at themselves or finding a way to correct it. Also, they speak very demeaning to employees and practically treat us like children at times. They truly do not listen to employees concerns or suggestions. They use aggressive bullying tactics to try to get certain people to quit or eventually fire them and it works. I've seen roughly 30+ people leave or get fired in the year so there's the high turnover. Also, they have changed the scheduling around so that is NOT condusive to family life. They try to pretend all these changes are "company wide" yet we're the only campus doing them in comparison to nearby AIs.

I know other campuses aren't this bad, so it's not necessarily the job itself. You are on the phone a lot daily recruiting students then interviewing and enrolling them. If the goals weren't so high, it'd be pretty easy and enjoyable. I truly like working with students and helping them, but the environment in admissions has made me feel beat down on a daily/weekly basis.

I know for-profit schools are under a lot of pressure right now and going through changes, but there's got to be a way to manage that and still have a better work environment that isn't comparable to Hunger Games!

Stop focusing so much on the numbers, listen to employees, show appreciation, cut out some of the negativity and bullying, treat us like adults, show respect, and stop the micromanaging! Be LEADERS. You are losing good employees and people because of this--it has to stop.

Not the job I thought going in... Targets students who cannot afford school.

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Admissions in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Art Institute of Atlanta full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love love love most of my co workers.... There are some great people here... but most of them have gotten let go.

Cons

The management isn't concerned with employee moral or retention. I came in about 7 months ago and since then over ten people have left or been let go. It's sales, but we target lower income students here who are very often unable to stay in school due to financial issues. The retention rate is terrible and it is not a good work place. Also they micromanage like no other!

Focus on retention and moral. Of employees and students alike. If you don't treat the people who work for you with respect how can you expect them to respect you?

Low Morale, Unsupportive Managers

Former Employee - Financial Aid Officer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Aid Officer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Art Institute of Atlanta full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Medical Benefits, Flexible Hours.

Cons

Long Hours, Micro Management. The company overworks the hardworking/good workers and reward the poor performers.

Micro management is not necessary and support your staff.

Affordable Training in Graphic Design, Audio and Video Technologies

I have been working at Art Institute of Atlanta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Faculty, very experienced and they communicate well with students

Cons

Some worries over positions sustainabilty

More concentration on physical needs of faculty (equipment, etc)

Worked for Art Institute of Atlanta? Contribute to the Community!