Art.com Reviews

96 reviews filtered by
3.4
Art.com CEO Geoffroy Martin
Geoffroy Martin

Pros
  • Everyone truly gets along and work well together (in 4 reviews)

• The work environment is unlike any other call center I have encountered (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on the department, work/life balance can be bad (in 7 reviews)

• Senior Management does not stick with plans long term, and makes knee jerk decisions (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Many years passed and I'm still having lots of fun!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Art.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the team and how productive we can be when we focus and drive building great functionality/products. The location and office is great and easily accessible with public transportation plus there is covered parking. Also, good benefit! If you are a software engineer there many great engineering challenges to solve. I also like that our product team is now part of our overall technology organization and we can work easier together.

Cons

Work / Life balance is not the best even though this is true in many top companies. You need to be able to work in a fast moving environment to really excel.

Advice to Management

Continue driving growth and higher really talented people.

Truly an awesome company to be part of!

Current Employee - Technology in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Technology in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Art.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very creative and innovative environment. I love the building, location and most importantly, the people. Our leadership is solid and they drive the ship to the right direction. The technology organization is augmenting new, open source, technologies and investing in great R&D work. The technology vision is the most innovative I've seen in my working experience and some recent work shared at the all company meeting is extremely exciting and transformative.

Cons

There is still legacy technology that slows down some of our work but new technologies have been introduced and integrated to our platform. We need stronger marketing leadership.

Advice to Management

Keep our team focused and continue driving our growth. Hire a strong marketing leader. To the CTO, keep the amazing innovation coming; it inspires and motivates everyone!

The company is stuck

Former Employee - Front End Developer in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Art.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some good people. Opportunities to socialize with everyone. Nice office location

Cons

Tech stack sucks here. It does scale to modern product ideas. There is no true leader here. The management is kind of operating in boss mode

Advice to Management

The management is at least 2 generations old here. This lack execution excellence. No one has ever worked in a big product company before so they don't know what is going on around. Everyone should group retire to allow fresh minds.

I love working for Art.com, it is an AMAZING company to work for.

Current Employee - Business Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Business Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Art.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people here are awesome, this goes not only for your co workers but also management, they give good hours, very flexible with your schedule, good pay, and it is a laid back fun environment to work in.

Cons

It gets kind of crazy during the holidays and back to school time, this however can also be seen as a bonus because you can rack up on overtime and potentially make more sales to increase your bonus.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure what advice to give to management as the management here is very good. Unlike other call centers you can get in contact with managers at any time and they will take calls from customers unlike other company where you wont ever be able to actually speak with management.

6. Comfortable and trustworthy team

Current Employee - Domestic/International Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Art.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Over the years of working here you come to grow friendships, which just comes to show the effort the place puts into hiring their employees. Most people here have been here for 2+ years, which does not happen at many places. The place itself is a great location, organized and informative about the job itself.

Cons

Sale expectations are a bit out of place sometimes, and one is in some cases overwhelmed by the amount of work or high demand calls I would suggest more staffing.

Advice to Management

Better scheduling and sales are not the #1 goal. Sometimes work is quiet and people are sent home then later the rest of us are left with more work to cover and deal with. The push for sales is important...but to a certain point.

Great place to work if you aren't afraid of hard work, but you can still have fun.

Current Employee - Customer Sales and Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Sales and Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Art.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1+ years. Started as a contractor and am now a full time employee. If you work hard, do your job correctly, have good attendance and are willing to provide exceptional customer service you will like working here. Contractors/temps are treated as well as the employees.

Those doing a good job are recognized for their hard work. Best contact center I have worked in. We are empowered to resolve issues for the customer the first time they call.

Health and dental insurance are very well priced and the coverage is great.

Cons

Schedule comes out two days before work week starts. This is not so much a company problem but one of those things that goes with the territory.

Of course we, like everyone else, would like more money.

Advice to Management

An employee tuition assistance program would be great.

Positive but not incredible

I have been working at Art.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Flexible hours depending on your department
    -Handful of pretty cool people who like to do happy hours
    -Incredible benefits - good choices in medical, low copay and prescription, 401k match, but pay is just ok

Cons

-Not an incredibly inspiring place to work. If you've got an idea that doesn't align with upper management then it's rarely considered and acknowledged
    -Art.com is not trying to reinvent the wheel, which is fine for a company that sells art. But if you're looking for innovation, this is not the place
    -Projects can take months and sometimes years to get off the ground. Lots of pushback on asks between teams

Advice to Management

-ACTUALLY listen to ideas from everyone
    -Consider ways to improve communication around the office

Positive reviews for this company are fake

I have been working at Art.com

Pros

Great work location in ca

Cons

Horrible work place. Horrible is understatement to describe this place. People just move roles with absolutely no prior experience. Big ego boasting titles to non-experienced people. Technology team is worst dept. People threaten to leave and are retained by promotion. Autocratic leadership.

Advice to Management

Change management if you want to see better results and listen to employees.

WORST CAREER EXPERIENCE

I worked at Art.com

Pros

Nothing other than a beautiful location in the bay area.

Cons

Technology sucks here but they have a magic. For every issue, the fix is just to restart the server.. and it will work
    I don't know why the CTO thinks about product enhancements instead of cleaning up the existing mess.
    CEO is an autocrat and the management works for him. Not for the customers

Advice to Management

They all should resign as a group. Every director/manager has been with the company for nearly a decade doing nothing. They all seriously lack execution skills. The only thing they do is just to roam around the floors like jokers.

Great Work Environments in All Company Locations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Art.com full-time

Pros

Growing company with lots of great people. They support activities (basketball leagues, ping pong & foosball in the office, team outings, social events, etc.), in all locations that keep it fun and help you get to know your coworkers. I have many friends here and enjoy coming to work each day.

Cons

Expectations are high and retail (especially ecommerce) can be high pressure. If you're not used to the pace of an ecommerce company, it can be a tough adjustment.

Advice to Management

Benefits and perks are great but seems like the company could invest more in training. As part of that a tuition reimbursement program would be great.