Artech Information Systems

Updated September 7, 2014
Updated September 7, 2014

Artech Information Systems President Ranjini Poddar
Ranjini Poddar

Pros
  • Employee friendly atmosphere and lots of fun activities (in 4 reviews)

• Mostly Good people some not so good (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance suffers occasionally due to long hours (in 5 reviews)

• Benefits were minimal during the contract duration: Health Insurance did not meet the minimum requirements for the Affordable Care Act as of Dec 2013 (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I had an enjoyable experience working there.

Former Employee - Telecom Technician II  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Telecom Technician II in McLean, VA

I worked at Artech Information Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

You must inform the company of all aspects of your work environment. The company will give you all the assistance in obtaining the job. Alice and Cory will assist you at any time all you need to do is just call them.

Cons

Contract to hire is something used to get you to work, it is not a guarantee.

Keep close contact line with employs in the field.

Just another staffing company

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time

Pros

Great communication, able to start contract immediately, decent work environment. Pay is above national averages, paychecks are always 100% accurate. The best part is the contract position isn't long crazy hours so personal life isn't sacrificed.

Cons

Benefits are abysmal. Basic health insurance will be $80 a week out of your paycheck, dental will be another $20 a week. NO holiday pay whatsoever. You aren't really a part of the company, just a body.

Working with Artech I was treated as just a head count.

Current Employee - Information Systems Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Information Systems Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Artech Information Systems as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Nice pay and didn't care about taking time off.

Cons

They do not connect with you individually. Pay check was often screwed up.

None

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Artech is a fairly good staffing company.

I have been working at Artech Information Systems as a contractor

Pros

Rates are typically slightly higher than smaller firms.

Cons

No benefits or opportunity for growth.

Consider more training to keep your consultants marketable.

Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Former Employee - Helpdesk  in  Camp Lejeune, NC
    Former Employee - Helpdesk in Camp Lejeune, NC

I worked at Artech Information Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Somewhat competitive pay compared to other IT companies in the area.

Cons

Hard to get in touch with agents. No internal communication. Off-shore outsourcing. Change pay systems constantly. Problems with accounting/payroll dept.

What management?

Don't do it unless you have no self respect

I worked at Artech Information Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

When you compare workplace horror stories with your buddies you will always win
    Second chance if you didn't make it at a real agency

Cons

Poor Management
    No real measurable metrics
    4people have control of the company and don't listen to anything or anyone
    Management pits its own employees to each other to achieve its own goals

Create a real sales and recruiting team. Put people in Senior Management roles that have actual industry experience. Improve the candidate experience and don't try to take money away from them after an offer is extended to meet your own projections. Create real projections. Don't make up stories about your employees because your afraid of them all seeing what it is that you do. Promote people based on merit not on how they act towards management. Listen to the reviews on here, at least for one specific branch everything is true.

As tech staffing agencies go...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Artech Information Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

They are ok. They did actually make an effort to find something else for me after the project ended, although they were not successful. They did negotiate a slightly higher rate than what I had asked.

Cons

No special benefits. Essentially they are just there to get you in the door and that's that. If an issue ever arises between you and the client, they will obviously take the client's side. You really are just a number and an invoice to these type of staffing agencies. Companies are restricting the use of independent freelancers these days and are turning to these type of staffing agencies...some of whom are based in India and have basically a few people in a small office here in the U.S. making phone calls.

Played games with pay rate and never received final paycheck

Current Employee - Contracted to IBM (Then Again to State Street)  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Contracted to IBM (Then Again to State Street) in Boston, MA

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

got me a job (read below)

Cons

set me up with one rate then when it was time to sign paper work, magically the rate offered was lowered, i was contacted about this job from other recruitment agencies later and the rate was always the original rate I was told , so i'm certain they do a bait and switch, also they tried to play me on the 30 day wage reduction , i left the job about 40 days after starting and they gave me the run around for a few weeks untill they finally came out and said they wouldnt be paying me the final pay check, I contacted my state's labor board about this, case is pending I'm not impressed with this low level of business, my advice is to ask for as much as possible , dont sign anything with a 30 day wage reduction involved, just ask for it waved, and try and find a more reputable staffing firm to work for.

Stay Away from This Company

I worked at Artech Information Systems

Pros

If you want to consider this a pro, they constantly call or email you about open job opportunities that they have available. Sometimes 2-3 different recruiters for the same job.

Cons

I got a call from a recruiter about a job and when I called him back, he was in the middle of REWRITING MY RESUME to submit me WITHOUT ever talking to me about the role or getting my permission to do anything. I asked for a job description and all he could tell me was it was installing Windows 7 on computers for a month. He was quick to tell me the position had no benefits but wasn't very forthcoming with the payrate. I told him I was not comfortable with the role because there wasn't enough details of the job (been down that road before with vague descriptions to find out during an interview they wanted the farm) and he was very aggressive and pushy trying to get me to accept it. He finally told me the rate was $16/hr and I politely declined because my previous roles paid more and were longer term contracts than 30 days. He got upset and continued trying to push the role and I just hung up the phone in his face because his professionalism went out the window and so did my patience. I immediately pulled my resume from various job boards and changed my email address.

Do a better job with the people you hire because I will NEVER do business with your firm with the way this man acted with me. Leads me to believe ALL of your employees act this way just to make a buck. You won't be making one off of me. I'm not a current employee or a former employee as I had to select one because there isn't a choice for prospect.

Managing day to day operations of contract labor.

Former Employee - Talent Management Specialist  in  Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Talent Management Specialist in Boulder, CO

I worked at Artech Information Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Networking with other employees and agencies.

Cons

Lack of support from a remote location

Be better prepared when your team lead is out of the office when you are brought out of state to learn from them.

Worked for Artech Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!