Artech Information Systems Reviews

Reset
2.3
Artech Information Systems President Ranjini Poddar
Ranjini Poddar

Pros
  • slightly higher pay than other contract firms (in 3 reviews)

• Great communication, able to start contract immediately, decent work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • health insurance is EXTREMELY HIGH (in 5 reviews)

• He was quick to tell me the position had no benefits but wasn't very forthcoming with the payrate (in 5 reviews)

1. Computer Migration

Former Employee - Migration Support in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Migration Support in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Artech Information Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Good group of technicians to work with

Cons

time too short to complete assignment

2. Contracting firm

Former Employee - Project Manager in Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Morristown, NJ

I worked at Artech Information Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful recruiters, decent pay

Cons

My contract was short and haven't facilitated in assisting me w/ another contract.

3. Contract Company

Pros

Pay on time that's about it.

Cons

They cut pay a few months into contract. Hard to deal with.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting pay when you have a contract to pay the correct amount

5. IT Specialist

Current Employee - IT Specialist in Jacksonville, NC
    Current Employee - IT Specialist in Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will pay you on time.

Cons

They cut your pay mid contract otherwise they will not renew your contract. No benefits at all, just hourly wage. They will offer you other positions within their company for lower pay than what you currently receive. Email correspondence addressing employee's concerns can take months to address.

Advice to Management

Provide commensurate pay and benefits.

6. Do not work for Artech!

Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time

Pros

Other than a timely paycheck, I find nothing PRO.

Cons

Deceptive hiring practices! Hired for a certain contract amount, no disclosure, then once hired, forced furloughs and pay cuts. First a whopping 20% pay cut for 1 month, then +5% for 4 months! I doubt the recruiters or go-between got pay cuts. No paid holidays or vacation. What little ACA medical plan there is, is expensive and covers almost nothing. You are just a slave/body. No feedback from employer, they do not even know you exist, other to tell you about another pay cut.

Advice to Management

DISCLOSE, DISCLOSE prior to hiring!! Maintain your contract salary as hired!

7. Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time

Pros

The company is friendly and keeps it's time reporting system simple and easy to use. The website is also easy to use once I get in it.

Cons

The company does not offer any vacation or sick time to contractors that are long term. I was told it was not cost effective for them.

Advice to Management

Check in more often with your contractors and offer them paid time off if in a long term contract position.

8. Low Hourly Rate, Pushy Recruiters, and Bad contract experience!!

Pros

If they call you about a company that you really want to work at, get in and try to get yourself hired quickly. Only use Artech to get in!!

Cons

Artech called me about a contract with a major US organization while I was on vacation. From the beginning the recruiter was pushy, their account manager was equally pushy and there was no negotiation on the rate which I tool a 40% pay cut just to get into this major corporation in the hopes that this employer would hire me. Then the paperwork and onboarding was ridiculous. I think I signed more paperwork to get this contrract than I did when I bought my home! There are no benefits, no paid time off and no holidays. Other contract agencies at least offer paid holidays. Artech does not. The contract turned out to be a horrible experience and I left once my contract was over.

Advice to Management

Pay decent market rates for your contractors and don't be so cheap!!!

Aug 17, 2015 – Marketing Associate

Hello. Thank you for your feedback. At Artech, we strive to provide quality services to our employees, consultants, and clients. Your comments are very important to us. Please reach out to us at ... More

Don't work for Artech!

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time

Pros

Aside from the location of their newest NJ office, there isn't any.

Cons

Racist; Shady; A Sweatshop; Poorly Managed; Deplorable and unprofessional recruitment tactics; Noncompliant Immigration and wage rate processes; Constantly audited and fined by clients, etc.

Advice to Management

Treat people fairly and judge them on the work that they are assigned. Not by ethic background, gender, orientation, creed or the like. And, pay your employees the same rate that is reported to your clients and not a lower amount.

Aug 17, 2015 – Marketing Associate

10. One of the best

Current Employee - Recruiting in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Cary, NC

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, well respected, a gem in an otherwise crazy business.

Cons

Many don't understand the recruiting business and because of that they don't understand how Artech can sometimes be restricted in how they recruit candidates and the rates they pay.

Advice to Management

Management is very good.

Terrible recruiting firm.

I worked at Artech Information Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly have been trying to think of one for the past 10 mins and realize that there are none. Only work with them if you are desperate for short term.

Cons

Took a long time to get the position. Salary is low due to greedy recruiters. They like to have you agree with a rate and then re-negotiate with you to a lower rate afterwards. Recruiters are non-responsive after hire. Benefits are terrible No PTO. False promises.

Advice to Management

Recruiters/company need to be less greedy.

Jul 30, 2015 – Marketing Associate