Artech Information Systems

www.artechinfo.com

Artech Information Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Artech Information Systems – India – “new office”

Artech Information Systems President Ranjini Poddar

Ranjini Poddar

Pros
  • Employee friendly atmosphere and lots of fun activities(in 4 reviews)

• Mostly Good people some not so good(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance suffers occasionally due to long hours(in 5 reviews)

• Benefits were minimal during the contract duration: Health Insurance did not meet the minimum requirements for the Affordable Care Act as of Dec 2013(in 4 reviews)

As tech staffing agencies go...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThey are ok. They did actually make an effort to find something else for me after the project ended, although they were not successful. They did negotiate a slightly higher rate than what I had asked.

ConsNo special benefits. Essentially they are just there to get you in the door and that's that. If an issue ever arises between you and the client, they will obviously take the client's side. You really are just a number and an invoice to these type of staffing agencies. Companies are restricting the use of independent freelancers these days and are turning to these type of staffing agencies...some of whom are based in India and have basically a few people in a small office here in the U.S. making phone calls.

Managing day to day operations of contract labor.

Talent Management Specialist (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsNetworking with other employees and agencies.

ConsLack of support from a remote location

Advice to Senior ManagementBe better prepared when your team lead is out of the office when you are brought out of state to learn from them.

Disjointed follow-on contract acquisition

Project Manager (Former Employee) Boulder, CO

ProsOnce the contract with the end-customer (in my case IBM Global Services) was signed, the ongoing support was reliable and satisfactory: payments were on time, and the payroll team went out of their way to do a special payroll run when the customer's time reporting system did not allow for a submission.

ConsBenefits were minimal during the contract duration: Health Insurance did not meet the minimum requirements for the Affordable Care Act as of Dec 2013. This might have changed in the meantime. Regular public holidays are not paid, for example.: in the weeks of Christmas and New Year, pay is reduced.

The company is advertised as minority-owned: in fact, the majority of recruiters are from India on H1-B Visas, pressured to push resumes to the tier 1 clients. This is not unusual in the industry, albeit it makes for mediocre quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove co-ordination of indidivual recruiters: at one point in time,. I was communicating with over 10 (TEN) individuals regarding new contract opportunities with the same client. Recruiters are exremely eager to submit your profile, however, feedback is rare and unreliable, even to repeated status inquiries via email and phone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Artech provides excellent resources for timesheet/expense submission

Desktop Support (Current Employee) Virginia Beach, VA

ProsGreat systems for entering time and expenses

Cons-Contract end dates at times don't match up with what the client is showing; this can leave you in the blind as to whether or not the client is ending your project term or if you will be extended.
    -Lack of communication at critical periods during project performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide relevant communication to contractors regarding length of project when it's obvious it may be close to ending. Be more up front about the length of a project; if the email says don't work after a certain date but the on-site manager advises differently that creates confusion and presents an unhealthy level of distrust.

Excellent intake process. Extremely Poor for ongoing communications.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIts a job. Plan on a short term experience then move on.

ConsLanguage barriers with account managers. Work the contract term. Never accept extensions.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue talent that comes in. You may discover some unique individuals that bring a lot of experience to the table. Opportunities are lost in not fully understanding your clients needs. When requirements change, be strong enough to walk away from that business. In today's world, corporate bullying is just as bad as the kid down the block. Diversify the industries you count on for the welfare of your business.

Bottom of the barrel, investigation by the state of NJ resulted in a fine for ARTECH due to wages wrongfully unpaid

Radio Frequency Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsMy contract position turned into a permanent job with the company I was working with

ConsAbysmal communication, little to no assistance after initial courting prior to offer, I (along with 4 other individuals) did not receive complete pay and had to file complaints with NJ Dept. of Labor that resulted in ARTECH being fined for wages wrongfully withheld... Now on to small claims court to get what they owe me.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be ashamed of your business practices.

Experience at Artech

Desktop Support (Former Employee) Paramus, NJ

ProsArtech is large and has connections to Large Corporations

ConsImpersonal- very difficult to reach for any support

Advice to Senior ManagementHave Human resources return phone calls

I've had a very positive experience working with Artech.

Staffing (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsFrom the moment I received a phone call for a job opportunity, to the interview and throughout my time as an employee, everyone at Artech has been fair, welcoming and very helpful. They provided me with great training and offered me the chance to continue to develop as a professional and a person.

ConsThe company is still very new. However, this can be a very good thing. I've been encouraged to suggest new ideas that can be implemented to improve the business and help create new programs that maybe aren't in place just yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to encourage employees to come forth with new ideas and/or plans to improve the workplace.

Technical Support Specialist / Tier 2

Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsArtech is a friendly and professional company with a rewarding work environment.

ConsFast pace environment which is positive. Great culture, top notch products, management team and technical talent!

Total disappointment

SME (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsFor a traditional employee, there may be many pros, however, should you be a contractor, there are no pros to doing business with this company.

ConsArtech has no up front financial investment with contractors and keeps payments well past 15 days, I waited 127 days for payment on valid invoices.

Advice to Senior ManagementArtech has been riding a free wave provided by the graciousness of the people of the United States, myself included. As a taxpaying, natural born citizen, I take exception with the attitude of companies such as Artech who will simply treat a contractor, corp to corp or otherwise non-employee as a third rate citizen. Artech has had the luxury of being handed millions of dollars in conciliatory contracts from established contracting agencies simply to meet a fair distribution of contract dollars with people such as myself being caught in the middle of this outrageous money grab, and this is now completely out of hand! I see Artech as nothing more than a vehicle for employing 'their fellow countrymen ignoring those who actually built the ground work for the current state of IT in not only the US but the world. Shape up Artech!

Worked for Artech Information Systems? Contribute to the Community!