Artech Information Systems

Updated December 7, 2014
2.5

Artech Information Systems President Ranjini Poddar
Ranjini Poddar

Pros
  • Mostly Good people some not so good (in 4 reviews)

• slightly higher pay than other contract firms (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits were minimal during the contract duration: Health Insurance did not meet the minimum requirements for the Affordable Care Act as of Dec 2013 (in 5 reviews)

• He was quick to tell me the position had no benefits but wasn't very forthcoming with the payrate (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Worked for 2 years

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Artech Information Systems as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Not a good environment to work

Cons

salary is very low and not a good benefits

Nov 25, 2014Marketing Associate

Thank you for your feedback. At Artech, we strive to provide quality services to our employees, consultants, and clients. Your comments are very important to us. Please reach out to us at ... More

Artech - don't expect any raises

Current Employee - Deskside Support
    Current Employee - Deskside Support

I have been working at Artech Information Systems

Pros

Found a job when i needed one, but that's about it

Cons

I would not recommend Artech unless you are out of work and they actually get you an interview. You are payed way under what you deserve. After some time working for them I had generally asked for an increase in pay. Not a set amount, but just some notes about how much the positions is worth out there in the ' real ' world. I also included the fact that I had only one off day in six months, and almost 10 years in the area of expertise, degrees, certs, skills, etc... My response was that i should report to Artech if i am taking a day off. REALLY! I have not seen a company micromanage like that. As an approved contractor for IBM, they are more concerned with exploiting Americans in my opinion. IF you get a call from them, and you know its an IBM job ( i don't recommend working for IBM as they are pretty much a joke too ) . I suggest you just run right to TEK SYSTEMS they from my experience will pay you what you are worth. TEK Systems is an IBM approved contractor as well.

I then received an email about how Artech is now a 300 Million dollar company! I know now how they got that way! By exploiting hard working Americans.

Needless to say this did not end here. I decided to reach out to my hiring manager a few months later , needless to say he was not there anymore. I included the fact that I am on call 24x7 which was NOT stated in the original job description as well as my tenure in the field, degrees, and certs. I got the response of how they would consider it in a few months. That was pretty much the end of it. The fact that they would only consider it is pretty much stating a no it will never happen.

The typical pay in which a contractor gets paid is typically 50% of what the firm gets paid. I suspect this is less than 50% with Artech.

I found another job a few months after this for a mere $1/hr more, and this is a contract to hire position that started in a week or so as of this writing. ITS SO SAD THAT I HAD TO LOOK FOR NEW EMPLOYMENT B/C ARTECH WAS TOO STUBBORN TO BARF UP MORE MONEY FROM THE $30/hr THEY WERE GETTING PAID.!

Pay people what they are worth , it does not cost 30,000 /yr to manage one persons pay , everyone knows this!

IF you have an employee that you clearly know they are under paid, which are prob most of them and they ask for a raise give them something or you will LOOSE YOUR LAME CONTRACT ALL TOGETHER AND GET NOTHING! as in my case.

Dec 9, 2014Marketing Associate

Poor service once contract was placed.

I worked at Artech Information Systems as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Found me a position, not really many perks, would try another placement agency.

Cons

After placement, very hard to contact, and boss wanted to give me a $5/hr raise, boss asked Artech how much they would need to increase my rate to them to achieve this, my boss ok'ed the amount, but Artech gave me less the the $5/hr raise. when boss asked about it, they said an internal decision was made to not give me the raise.

Go with another agency, this one is hard to work with on for employees and management.

Nov 25, 2014Marketing Associate

Contractor

I worked at Artech Information Systems as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

As a temporary agency the benefits are probably comparable to others in the same industry

Cons

No benefits to speak of however comparable to other temporary agencies

Contractor

I have been working at Artech Information Systems as a contractor

Pros

Paid well...when I'm paid. Got my foot in the door with another company.

Cons

Staff does not communicate amongst each other. I have been passed around to 3 different people stating they were my primary rep. When I was first hired, I was promised a certain wage, and the next day someone new called me stating they were my rep and said the other person who stated my wage was incorrect and I would be paid less. I called the first person up again and he said "oh forget about that guy he doesn't know what he's talking about you will get the wage I promised you". A week later I got a new rep and the wage I was originally promised. Also had communication issues with Artech and the company I am contracting for. I had to play messenger on multiple accounts which made it very frustrating.

Another issue that seems common with this company according to other reviews I've read is getting paid late. I was promised to be paid on a certain day of the month, and my check never showed up. After sending emails to the HR manager and my account rep about not receiving my check, I received no response. 2 days later I finally got paid.

Another concerning issue is the training material for their online employee portal where you record your time. This material contains valid bank account information, home address, a paystub, and even a social security number of a past employee. I don't know if these people were ok with sharing this information or not.

Better QA is a must. Having personal information in your training material is unacceptable. Your staff is does not seem to be very organized and this leads to miscommunication and people getting paid late. I would fix this issue if you want to keep contractors happy.

Urgent! Urgent !!... Not so fast.

Former Employee - Senior IT Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior IT Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Artech Information Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Pretty much gave me a job with a phony phone interview with a recruiter who didn't even know IT.

Cons

Foreign Nationals can be direct, disrespectful, and act like they're doing you a favor by offering you a job that may not exist. They send you "URGENT" titled emails for positions that they may not own. They'll have you submit a lot of paperwork in late hours of the day and then they won't follow up with you. What happen to this URGENT position. Beware of the Recruiting Supervisors at Artech. You can tell them you're not interested in a job and they'll say ok and keep asking you to send your resume. They don't understand English and they will talk so fast over the phone that you'll get frustrated by not understanding what they're saying. Once on an assignment, good luck with finding some direction on getting accounts and equipment set up. They know nothing and will refer employees to people who haven't been made aware that you're on a contract. And last, they will low ball you on the hourly pay. They want you to have all these certifications and experience, but want to pay high school diploma pay. I guess when you can get $100k interest free loans to operate a business in New Jersey, you can treat Americans however you want to.

Show some respect to candidates over the phone. Have recruiters know something about the position instead of telling the candidate that the information is private until position is offered. If you're going to tell a candidate it's an "URGENT" position and the client wants to move fast, at least follow up with the candidate. Recruiting supervisor had me thinking a client wanted me and she never followed up. I kept emailing her and she told me that the client probably wasn't interested. But she said it was URGENT.

Just another staffing company

I have been working at Artech Information Systems full-time

Pros

Great communication, able to start contract immediately, decent work environment. Pay is above national averages, paychecks are always 100% accurate. The best part is the contract position isn't long crazy hours so personal life isn't sacrificed.

Cons

Benefits are abysmal. Basic health insurance will be $80 a week out of your paycheck, dental will be another $20 a week. NO holiday pay whatsoever. You aren't really a part of the company, just a body.

Plays loose with your candidacy

I worked at Artech Information Systems as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They were very aggressive in trying to represent you to potential clients.

Cons

I have been very active in the contract market for the past 2 years as I have searched for a permanent role. They contacted me for a contract role, but I had already agreed to be represented by another agency. However, I sent them my resume and told them to let me know if any other opportunities became available. Well, another did become available on a day I was driving long distance, so they, without my permission or any contact, submitted me to this new opportunity. In the meantime, I HAD been reached by another agency and had signed an agreement with them to be represented to this same client. So a week later, I get a call from Artech saying they had arranged an interview for me. I was confused, thinking it was the agency I had an agreement with. When I realized what Artech had done, I told the client company that I did not want to work with Artech because I could potentially be sued by the one I had an agreement with. Unfortunately, due to the way agencies are handled by the client, I had no choice: either work through Artech or I could not proceed in the selection process. So, feeling like I was backed into a corner with an agency with no integrity, I withdraw my candidacy and lost any potential for the opportunity.

DON"T SUBMIT CANDIDATES TO CLIENTS UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPRESS PERMISSION TO DO SO.

I had an enjoyable experience working there.

Former Employee - Telecom Technician II in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Telecom Technician II in McLean, VA

I worked at Artech Information Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You must inform the company of all aspects of your work environment. The company will give you all the assistance in obtaining the job. Alice and Cory will assist you at any time all you need to do is just call them.

Cons

Contract to hire is something used to get you to work, it is not a guarantee.

Keep close contact line with employs in the field.

Artech is a fairly good staffing company.

I have been working at Artech Information Systems as a contractor

Pros

Rates are typically slightly higher than smaller firms.

Cons

No benefits or opportunity for growth.

Consider more training to keep your consultants marketable.

Artech Information Systems Photos