ArthroCare

Updated May 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David F. Fitzgerald

No leadership or room for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat health benefits, vacation and sick leave. Great people to work with.

ConsMonthly happy hours were for the click groups. Upper management in one dept was very hard to get along with and very arrogant. Treated others as if below him. Pay raises were very low. Middle management did not enforce practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining was a joke. Need to check background references better before hiring management.

Lost its amazing work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsConvenient location , amazing team effort and coworkers

ConsNot much room for upward mobility

Nice place to work

ProsCoworkers are fun to be around. Great experience in learning about the medical device manufacturing. Quarterly happy hours are always fun.

Consif you are not in with the right group, you will not get anywhere. a lot of red tape that keeps the company from moving forward,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place to work even with the upper management issues.

R&D Manager (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsInteresting technology to get to work on with decent group of people. Promotions were not a rare occurrence. Company did make attempts to have various fun get-togethers.

ConsTechnology, while initially interesting, is repackaged over and over. Once you've worked on one of the ablative devices, you've worked (to some degree) on them all. Engineering group is worked fairly hard with significant schedule pressure.

Decent place to work, but won't be around long.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsDecent pay for not difficult work. Mostly good people. Only some nepotism and cronyism. Management as a whole is probably a little clueless.

ConsCompany is being bought out and most everyone in Austin will lose their jobs. It's a pity, because as jobs go, it wasn't that bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of my advice would fall on deaf ears - I'm not even sure anyone in management is aware of what Glassdoor does or is for.

A progressive company on the forefront of Medical Technology

Regional Sales (Former Employee) Las Cruces, NM

ProsSuperior R&D Department, Involved Management, Cutting edge research and technology

ConsSlow to respond or even listen to the field sales force, errant pre-conceived notions about marketing and implementation of new devices

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more closely to the fallout that sales tries to share with management to avoid future identical problems for the other associates.

Overall experience with company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThey have monthly happy hours, decent medical and dental coverage

ConsManagement in several departments, vacation starts at only 2 weeks, ethical problems, unorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

The worst organization I have ever worked for...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExperience working with surgeons and hospital staff.

ConsTerrible management and even worse corporate level staff.

Advice to Senior Managementgrow up

Lack of Integrity

Mid-management (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood salary and benefits, good people at all levels

ConsPoor senior management, out of touch with what is really going on within organization. People ignore unethical behavior to keep their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from your past mistakes, get rid of the old wood in senior management and bring in some fresh, new blood and ideas. Really listen to your employees. Work together, the departments are silos. Too much smoke and mirrors.

Wonderful

Project Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsIf you love what you do, this is the place to be.

ConsCareer advancement exists, but limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's still entrepreneurial. Which is great, because anyone can forge their own path. The blind limitation is that, with it's larger size, it's a very segmented leadership team running independent companies. For different results, the leadership team may consider merging. This can be done by each member learning how their own decisions impact, challenges, and creates risk on areas of other managers. This is done by many of Arthrocare's great leadeship today. Just not all.

Worked for ArthroCare? Contribute to the Community!