Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Reviews

Reset

Claims Representative

Former Employee - Claims Representative in Saint Peters, MO
    Former Employee - Claims Representative in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

dress causal, working hours, nice co workers

Cons

Bad company, office politics and they get rid of good employees, don't follow company policies, sweat shop. They overload their employees pending and get into your emails and right you up for lack of keeping your desks caught up when your pending is way to much to handle.

Advice to Management

None, they don't care what anyone needs or wants to better the company.

Not such a great experience - Claims Adj

Current Employee - Lost Time Adjuster Trainee in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Lost Time Adjuster Trainee in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have only worked there for a year and at first the place seemed upbeat. The group I sat next to have a great manager and supervisor and they are quite happy people. I have no other pros.

Cons

Over worked, under paid, very unhappy people which makes for a depressing environment. We moved desks and are grouped with people that are not happy and their boss is not the greatest. Many of the management team are all about numbers and not the detail or completion of the claims. Everything is about the numbers. Also, more than half complain that they have not received a raise in years.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and give raises. You might keep more talented individuals. Also, look at your supervisors and the areas were morale is very low. You might want to get better leaders. You claim and preach your family oriented and care about your employees but your talk is cheap.

Account Executive

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Pros

Despite my concerns, my company (that was acquired) has, for the most part, been left alone so I still have the enjoyment of my co-workers, same office location and same small company feel. Most of my higher ratings are due to the Execs that I still work with on a daily basis.

Cons

As a publicly traded company there is little generousity. There are no extras and very little is done in the way of wellness. Sure there is a wellness program but as a company that consults on wellness it would be nice if we more cutting edge. I feel all the extreme benefits consulting practices are used here....premium contributions tied to salary, premiums for the high deductible HSA qualified plan are higher than the norm, employer HSA contributions are divided among each pay period (nothing generous about that) and 401k contribution matches aren't allocated until you've spent the entire year there. To me this is keeping score but I guess no surprises as a publicly traded international firm. As for the companies professional resources and services, it's disjointed. There's very little organic growth here so chances are the service you may need to lean on for client support was an acquired company working as it's own profit center. This can lead to less flexibility and it often feels clunky. They also may not be sympathetic to what your needs are because hey, they have their own objectives that have nothing to do with helping you support your client or revenue. Overall there just feels like a lack of being under one roof, so to speak. I'm sure this is typical of a large international organization that grows mainly by acquisition though.

Nepotism Like to other but otherwise okay

Former Employee - Network Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Network Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Less than a year)

Pros

People are great and its great if your are new. There is a lot of knowledge floating around and they like it when you pick there brains

Cons

Things are alway changing and sometimes the left doesn't know what the right is doing. Some of the tech people are a little rude Im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. You seriously need to know someone to even get a job. Everyone there is either the kid or someone already there or a family friend or a family member like no joke.

Good company to work for if you are not looking for advancement.

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Pros

Flexible working hours when conflict arises.

Cons

No opportunity to move up in the company.

7. New to company - Merger

Current Employee - Account Manager in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Pros

Seems to be nice, knowledgeable people.

Cons

communication is a bit sparse

Advice to Management

inform employees of expectations during the merger.

8. Claims Adjuster

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people were wonderful and dedicated. I made many great friends while working there. The offices were fairly nice.

Cons

Training by trial and error. Constantly over claim caps unbeknownst to clients. Non-existent work/life balance. Redundancy of motion was ridiculous with outdated software and a controlling micro-manager for a boss. Raises were 1% if received at all. As motivation, we were told GB only owed us a paycheck, not a raise. This was regardless of the work product delivered. Very, very disheartening.

Advice to Management

Please train your upper level branch managers in motivational techniques and proper professional behavior. Upgrade your IT system for the 21st Century. You will incur a mass exodus if not corrected.

9. Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Pros

Outstanding company. Treats their people like gold. Superlative advancement opportunities. Company senior executives are regularly out at field offices getting to know their people. You know an outfit is excellent when the CEO calls a first year employee by name. I was recalled to active military duty while employed here. Completely supportive.

Cons

Challenging production goals. That said, goals met reap equivalent rewards.

Advice to Management

Keep on doin' what you're doin' !!

10. Great

I have been working at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.

Pros

Great worker staff relationship, nice place to work

Cons

More induction training needed for staff

Trade Payables Manager

Former Employee - Trade Accounts Payable Manager in Justice, IL
    Former Employee - Trade Accounts Payable Manager in Justice, IL

I worked at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (More than a year)

Pros

Great team atmosphere amongst the trade payables associates.

Cons

Good old boys network!!! Horrible place t work...

Advice to Management

Do better!!

RSS Feed </> Embed