Artix Entertainment

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Artix von Krieger

The most fun, exciting and positive company I've ever worked for!

ProsAdam, the CEO of Artix, is the reason working for Artix Entertainment is so fun and fulfilling. He's an honest, caring, motivational leader with a seemingly endless supply of energy. You can't help but be infected with his optimism. Even when there are major challenges, he's constantly looking for a solution. He's an inspiring individual.

ConsSometimes projects don't perform as well as expected but they're always ready to dust themselves off and try again. They're constantly evolving.

Highly creative people

Lutz, FL

ProsIt is a very energized environment full of great coworkers. Free lunch, solid benefits, and good time off policies.

ConsA lot of effort is expended updating old products, when more should be put into new ones. There are a million great ideas flying around but not enough hands to work on a significant number of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on releasing new products in a timely manner to keep up with the competition.

One clap

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lutz, FL

Pros- Lunch is provided
    - Fridge is stocked with soda

Cons- Micromanaged
    - Constant dog barking
    - Favoritism
    - Sexism
    - CEO is extremely arrogant
    - CEO refuses to acknowledge individuals expertise
    - CEO constantly ignores game related statistics
    - CEO will "come up" with ideas that other employees have previously expressed
    - CEO will blame employees for failures, yet is in total control of direction
    - If CEO would put half the energy he puts into "playing", AE might be doing alright.
    - Lack of imagination
    - Company prefers to constantly recycle old game ideas or copy core game mechanics from existing games instead of coming up with own ideas.
    - Pretty much zero planning involved with projects
    - 80% of employees can't seem to stand it there
    - Lack of motivation due to lack of interest in games being developed (and for the fact that none of the work you would do really matters as CEO will change everything)
    - Management scrambling around trying to figure out how to "fix" company. The solution is pretty simple.

I could easily add 100 more points.

Advice to Senior ManagementPointless to give management advice, because "they" refuse to consider change.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CEO treats the company and employees as his playground

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Lutz, FL

ProsIf you keep your head down it's almost impossible to get fired
    You can wear anything to the office
    You can literally come in with no experience in anything and get hired if the CEO likes you

ConsZero respect for people's work unless it's what the CEO micromanaged the person to do
    Despite growing, extravagant bonuses for a half dozen or so employees, everyone else is told there's not money for yearly raises
    The only projects that are seen to the end are CEO's pet projects even if they are years and tens of thousands of dollars over budget
    You have to work with people who should have been fired years ago

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the CEO make decisions he's not capable of. GIve people who have a experience from another company the authority to make real decisions when they have more expertise than the CEO.

Can't keep up with today's market.

(Current Employee)

ProsGreat work environment. Great, friendly people, and a fun place to be. Lunch is provided and the environmental is very relaxed.

ConsCan't keep up with the evolution of gaming. I hate to say it, but these games are a dying breed. The leaders are very set in their ways. Heavy favoritism is a problem, including men being valued above women. Employee salaries are not based on skill, experience, or performance but rather how much you are valued within the core group. Many employees are under valued and under paid. There are many, many faulty promises from the heads of this company. Follow through with raises or promotion perks are pretty non existent. Very unclear sense of direction on many projects. Solid creative decisions can never be made. Reworks and revisions are a constant battle in order to please one person's particular tastes. Leaders often overlook employee constructive criticism.

Also no 401K.

Advice to Senior ManagementEducation. Please please be aware of how gaming is evolving. Be willing to take risks and be a pioneer. Reward your employees for their years of loyalty and service. The rate your hired at should not be the rate you end at 5 years later. Also patience. I can't help but think at how much better these games would have been if they weren't being forced to launch before completion. I fear for the future of this company.

The staff feel more like family than they do as co-workers :)

Creative Lead for HeroSmash (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsEveryone gets the same chance to shine. No says you can't do that! No one anything seriously, but work always gets done. Every day is a new day of excitement and creativity. I wake each day looking forward to new ideas and adventures. Never did I have a job that became my career before this. This really is my dream come true and I hope it never ends. Best of all I am made to feel like an equal not a mindless drone. Best of all I get to have fun while working my very best :)

ConsI yet to have any cons. No one ever has said just because your sick does not mean you not able to work. For me is distance from the main office that it prevents me from meeting my co-workers face to face, but that is different for each employee.

Career growth is stunted and promotions are based on favoritism

Web Developer (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule
    Good work/life balance

ConsNo career path
    No sense of direction as a company
    Work often isn't appreciated and discarded without even being reviewed

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's a lot of work to do, but employees are constantly giving feedback to management. The majority of it is ignored. Giving feedback to most management is pointless anyway as most the leadership has no authority and even high level decisions are undermined constantly. Employee morale can't get much lower.

Great gaming company to work for, in any position. Everyone, from the receptionist to the owner is treated well.

Lutz, FL

ProsThe owner really cares about all of the employees. They offer good benefits and good hours. The products they make are good, and something anyone can be proud of working on.

ConsA few bad employees have caused a change in policies which make the work environment not as flexible as it used to be. The company does not offer a 401k, which would be nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscipline or fire the bad employees so that the good employees don't lose the flexibility that they were promised when they were hired to work for the company.

Friendly people who respect your talent, even as a volunteer.

ProsSmall company with very talented and very friendly co-workers. The staff and CEO always listen to your ideas, and respect your talent. Volunteers are equally accepted in the group, and get the recognition they deserve.

ConsThere are a bunch of teams for every game, which have different Team Leads. Communication can be an issue, leading to confusion and sometimes lack of performance. I suggest a better platform to connect with the team members.

Awesome hours and some amazing people there.

Prosflexible hours, lunch provided daily, overall it's a fun place to work... complete with nerf guns and game testing frequently.

ConsUnfortunately, with the growth of the company, communication and organization has suffered. Some people are demoted as opposed to promoted even after years of employment. Yearly reviews and raises based on performance are not given.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more feedback to employees about their performance and compensate them for their years of hard work for you with a raise depending on their performance. Overall, there needs to be better work flow management and communication.

Worked for Artix Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Artix Entertainment reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Artix Entertainment CEO Artix von Krieger. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Artix Entertainment employees.