Aruba Networks

Aruba Networks Reviews in San Jose, CA

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Aruba Networks Chairman, President, and CEO Dominic P. Orr

Dominic P. Orr

Pros
  • Great stock compensation, medical / health benefits, good work / life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Great technology, actual leadership in the market that makes easy to sell (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance, too much politics in management (in 4 reviews)

• Like any other small company, it will burn you if you dont know how to balance work and life (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights
40 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Experience

Intern (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsPerfect for interns to get a lot of hands on experience
    Two gyms, nice work-life balance.

ConsDidn't get the best computer, interns got the hand me down ones that would have memory or other issues. The biggest little company atmosphere, forced team building exercises are a little much for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better employee team culture

Company is growing but management is not keeping up!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsLots of opportunity. Employees can really own their career. Small company environment which means employees can really roll up their sleeves and make changes with little red tape!

ConsCommunication SUCKS! Sr. Management does not communicate and therefore most information is found out through bits and pieces. Very frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with individual contributors!

Biggest Career Mistake

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGood Salary
    Good benefits
    Cash rich company

ConsEverything else, highly political environment leaving very early shortest stint of my career
    Favoritism / Nepotism benefits and growth for select few who are expert sycophants
    Scary environment to work for always under pressure and threat of being laid off
    Dominance of existing aruba employees newbies are very badly treated/ looked down upon even if you have very good experience
    Management believes you should agree to anything and everything they say, no inputs are taken from your end everything is dictated by the management and few people who have achieved expertise in sycophancy
    Interviews are fixed and only people dear to the management are selected

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop proper vision, roadmap and create a healthy environment for people to work in. Stop favoring selective people look for people with talent and support them.

Create a conducive environment for everyone's growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, just ok.

Channels (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat Wi-Fi networking technology. The base pay and bonus plan is good. Benefits are pretty good and are on par relative to other hi tech companies.

ConsThe culture is one where no one is accountable for anything. Another big Con is there is no 401K match. It was understandable when the economy was down, but 80% + of companies have reinstated their 401K plans with the economy on the upswing especially in Silicon Valley. There is a lot of frustration with the company direction/focus changing sometimes weekly and or monthly. No clear direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake all groups accountable for what they are responsible for. How can we grow without accountability.

Web developer intern at Aruba Networks

Web Developer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGood work culture, very friendly people

Consconversion to a full time a bit difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementMore fun loving intern programs to make the internship more lively

Good company, a bit hectic

Sales (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood money, good people and excellent technology and support.

Consno work boundaries, you literally work around the clock and focus is always changing. Very hectic environment, constant fire drills.

Advice to Senior ManagementMust be cutting edge innovative

Can be fun for a while, but eventually wears you down

Product Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsPeople genuinely have a positive attitude and a desire to make great products and make Aruba a great company to work for. There are opportunities to be involved at all levels working on very exciting projects. All executives are extremely approachable even if the outcome may not be what you want. Flexible holidays.

ConsEver changing company strategy, repeating the same mistakes, no money for critical resources but plenty to waste on other things. Some people with big job titles and very little quality output (not unique to Aruba I know). Limited career growth in my experience, happens by accident rather than by design.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in a new IT organization and the underlying systems. So much valuable time and effort is wasted using legacy technology or due to poor implementation of current technology. Practice what you preach about the biggest small company or abandon the term. Listen to your key employees, reward them for doing things the right way versus always rewarding the people that clean up the mess when things go wrong.

good

Intern (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosgood leadership, good management,good work,good exposure

Consbad pay,bad work hours,bad enviroment, bad time

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

Sr. Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsNice place to work for beginners and senior positions. nice work-life balance. people are friendly. has a small gym facility for health conscious people.

ConsLittle politics, which is almost everywhere. Some folks get the bigger share of work, so you need to know how much you can take. Nothing much negative to point out.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good company, good people, good technology .. struggling lately though

Senior Director (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsWell managed, good CEO, good CTO, reasonably well paid relative to industry

ConsSome high level folks were arrogant and thought they knew everything and managed by fear than with respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Worked for Aruba Networks? Contribute to the Community!