Asante Health System

Roy G. Vinyard

Great Company

Current Employee - Biomed Imaging Specialist  in  Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Biomed Imaging Specialist in Medford, OR

Pros

Great people and city.
    Very fair wage and very good benefits

Cons

None that I experienced - nothing "Con" about this organization.

Keep doing what you are doing!!!

Be very careful when considering this organization for employment

Current Employee - Nursing  in  Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Nursing in Medford, OR

Pros

It is one of few options in the area. That said benefits are good, but the bar is low. Staff shortages are a common problem. If you like working long hours with out a lot of support staff this is your place.

Cons

Productivity is of the utmost concern for managers, so much so that patient care is compromised. Managers are hired because of who they know and how well they get along with administrators. The administrators are really out of touch with the employee in the trenches.

Hire managers with employee relation skills and education.

I have been very happy at AACH for 24 years

Current Employee - Ultrasound Technologist  in  Ashland, OR
    Current Employee - Ultrasound Technologist in Ashland, OR

Pros

I have felt supported by administration and feel I am paid well. The hospital is set in a small community and has a "hometown" feel. I like the fact I have time to spend with patients and concentrate on their physical needs as well as have time to get to chat on a personal level.

Cons

We don't have very many specialists that refer to the hospital so we are limited in the type of exams we perform in the radiology dept.

Be active in recruiting and offering services and opportunities to new doctors and strive to maintain our "homey" feel as we grow larger. Patients love the personal touch.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waste of time applying for positions

Pros

Seem to pay decent wages and benefits

Cons

Applied for positions well qualified for, but just receive the denial email. I have an interview at Providence-they are a better Hospital anyway

Advice to HR: Screen your prospective employees! I know RN's who have given up applying via your ridiculous system!

....

Former Employee - SLP  in  Medford, OR
    Former Employee - SLP in Medford, OR

Pros

I enjoyed my job there

Cons

Unfortunately they ended our program

I enjoy working for an employer that appreciates me and my talents.

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Medford, OR

Pros

Great benefits, great co workers, understanding supervisors

Cons

Sometimes hard with several locations, communication can break down

More open communication with employees, more transparancies

I'm hoping this Will this be my dream job?

Current Employee - On Call Service  in  Medford, OR
    Current Employee - On Call Service in Medford, OR

Pros

Great pay and benefits, if your at least a part time worker, plus employee friendly work place, room for advancement.

Cons

Not enough hours when your on on call status, no benefits sure the pays okay, but you don't get enough hours to make it count.

How long will they keep a person at "on call" status level? is it worth staying on to get to part time status and then full time. please post something if you can. because i'm not sure How long I can make it with so few hours.

I've been with you for 10 years. It's like my family.

Current Employee - Rehab Tech  in  Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Rehab Tech in Medford, OR

Pros

It's interesting.You never stop learning.Each day is a new day at Asante.

Cons

It's demanding on the body. In my job it's alot of lifting and walking but worth the love I can share with patients.

If your one of the higher ups dont tell other employee that you didn't do good in college.That scares us to know that your in charge of others.And always remember that it takes all employees, from housekeeping to doctors to make a hospital work. Just think about the little guy please.

Don't work here!! Your opinions and suggestions are not appreciated.

Former Employee - Physician Assistant  in  Grants Pass, OR
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Grants Pass, OR

Pros

Good benefits. Southern Oregon is nice if you like QUIET and the outdoors. Coming from the San Francisco area however, it was a bit of a culture shock.

Cons

I was hired as an Emergency Department Physician Assistant. During my interview I was told I would get main ED time with high acuity patients.
    Upon my arrival, I was moved into an "Express Care" area that was on the other side of the hospital. Low acuity and boring. In addition, any tweeks I tried to implement to improve throughput was regarded as insubordination and "rocking the boat." No innovation was encouraged and both the ER manager and ER director created an environment of "My way, or the highway!" Every question was considered a complaint, and every suggestion was received as a threat to their authority and, "You haven't been here long enough to contribute." Needless to say, I was shown the highway after only two months.
    I would never recommend this place to a fellow mid-level, simply because of the piss-poor management and the slew of broken promises they make to get you in the door.

Your subordinates are tools for you, not weapons against you. Every idea should be explored and innovation and outside-the-box thinking should be encouraged. Also, don't make promises to potential employees you have no intention of keeping. If you are an ER Physician Assistant, avoid this place like the plague. At least until they change management. The staff was great! A+++

Pay really does matter.

Current Employee - Pharmacist  in  Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Medford, OR

Pros

Leading institution in this local

Cons

unfairness of advancement and lack of information given in a form that is acceptable

Look around and talk to those that have been here for a considerable time and get their
    advice, and get exit interviews on good key employees and find out why they are leaving.

Worked for Asante Health System? Contribute to the Community!