Asbury Automotive

Craig T. Monaghan

Great place to work!!

Current Employee - GENERAL SALES MANAGER in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - GENERAL SALES MANAGER in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The management team is very fair and provide an excellent place to work. I feel that it is a company that offers mobility.

Cons

I have no complaints. I have been there for over three years and the good merits far outweigh the bad merits.

The most enormously rewarding and challenging position I've ever held - bar none

Current Employee - Manager In Training in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Manager In Training in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Literally limitless opportunity to excel in diverse leadership, operations, sales, and management roles.
    -A corporate culture that values and rewards success like no other. Asbury is never scared to
    -Unparalleled advancement opportunities in the MIT program and outside of it.
    -Advancement and respect based on hard work and talent, NOT seniority. Hard work is recognized here like nowhere else.
    -Fortune 500 structure and organization combines the best aspects of working for a large corporation with the best aspects of working for a self-contained local organization.
    -Amazing co-workers and managers - enormous wealth of knowledge to draw from.
    -Outrageous income opportunity - work extremely hard, put in the effort, and the financial rewards are incredible.
    -Extremely professionally fulfilling career opportunities.
    -Flexible structure of the MIT program, rotations, and advancement allows for lucrative futures for any professional interest within the industry, from sales to fixed operations.

Cons

-To be upfront, if working a lot of hours is a con for you, this is NOT the job for you. You cannot succeed in the industry overall and ESPECIALLY in the MIT program without extreme dedication. Get ready to work late nights and Saturdays. Honestly, if you're the kind of person that is willing to commit fully to your own success and the success of your organization, this will not be a con for you. Being chosen for a position in the MIT program is an honor and an enormous opportunity, and that comes with the expectation that you will be a shining example of professionalism, great attitude, and drive 24/7/365.

A Place to Work if You Want a Real Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is all about promoting from within and developing their own staff. They do outside training, seminars, and team building often. They let you take on new tasks.

Cons

The benefits are not the best. No allotted sick days. The days must come out of your PTO. Other than that, really no complaints.

Sometimes I wish management was more clear about the way they want their staff to act. I wish the guidelines were a little more exact this way the staff would be more professional.

good way to learn

I worked at Asbury Automotive

Pros

experience in car sales, interesting job

Cons

very long hours, pay scale not very employee-friendly

remember that employees do have a life outside of work.

Typical Corporation

I worked at Asbury Automotive

Pros

Good amount of authorized overtime, good employee discounts

Cons

Expensive insurance, always looking to cut costs starting with employees

Listen to your support employees, don't go by what management "represents their employees as."

If you want to actually make money in auto sales look elsewhere.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

high turnover and a lot of room for advancement if your willing to relocate.

Cons

micromanaged and low compensation per unit.

make money on the front too.

Started entry level sales, moved to corporate position within a year

I have been working at Asbury Automotive

Pros

Working in sales, you make big money in commission. The people were friendly and like family, considering it was a straight commission atmosphere, which is usually a hostile, back-stabbing one. The company likes to promote from within and recognizes talent when they see it. You also get health benefits and paid time off.

Cons

When in sales, you have to work nights, weekends, and holidays. You also must put in at least 50-60 hours per week to be successful. Some employees are whiny and there may be a considerable amount of favoritism shown towards others.

Be fair with house deals. It's not fair to give them solely to one person all of the time and begins to look suspicious.

Challenging and Fulfilling

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As I work in the corporate office my experience may be a bit different than what our employees in the dealership experience. With that said I will first say that the environment is laid back, the quality of life is awesome, the executives have open doors and they treat you with respect. The location is choice as it is not in the middle of a popular gridlocked office district (like the perimeter). I have found the work itself to be fun and challenging . If you have an idea that will improve a process no one will stop you as there is very little bureaucracy and the management is very supportive. I love the diversity in the Duluth office and have made some really good friends here. Although, as you will see below there are somethings I feel the company could do better for its employees, I can tell the c suite is attentive and things are improving. Finally the company is thriving right now and it feels good to be on a winning team.

Cons

From the perspective of a below manager level corporate employee the benefit and PTO plans are weak. When I was hired I was surprised to learn that we had less than two weeks of PTO to start, no bonuses, no tuition reimbursements, and very little investment into retirement. As with most Automotive Dealers the employee turnover is very high and it is a nuisance in so many ways. Our corporate culture is vanilla and we have many Brands that operate independent of each other, it sometimes doesn't feel like we are one company with one philosophy and one approved way to operate.

A coworker shared a thought that I found to be very profound. He said that companies either view their employees as expenses or assets. When you look at turnover, when you see that it is such a big ugly industry trend..then my advice to management would be to make "People" our competitive advantage! It is the biggest "Opportunity" in a SWOT analysis. If we really want to take our business to the next level, we must understand that our people are our assets. Let's do things (that may cost money) to attract and retain TOP talent that our competitors are not. Don't benchmark against the industry, lead the industry. If we do this, it will translate to soaring organic top line growth as well as lower expenses due to efficiency.

Very professional organization that provides everything you need to be successful.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Asbury Automotive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Asbury offers opportunity for advancement, great pay plans and benefit packages. They train you for your position and treat their employees great.

Cons

The only con may be that as a very large organization they some times require additional steps and paper work.

No advise, all my experiences with management I received outstanding fair treatment.

Awesome Company for Career Growth

Current Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Asbury Automotive full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason for working here is that you are not just some number. They care about your well being. You are a part of the Family.The DDM and President VPS are in constant communication with the team. Never felt left out!

Cons

The hours are Long but when you are having fun it flies

Continue to look with in your own rank to promote.You never know the outcome and who is the next President Of the Company. Happy hunting