Ascend Clinical
www.ascendclinical.com Redwood City, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Ascend Clinical Reviews

Updated May 29, 2014

Paul F. Beyer

Had a great experience with a fine group of dedicated people.

First Level Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsSupportive management, willing to listen to new ideas. Instant recognition for a job well done. Everyone in the lab working as a team to get the job done despite high volume and at times long hours.

ConsYou will have to accept that some days will be longer than others and overtime is mandatory. But the goal is to provide superior service to our clients who are on dialysis which makes it worthwhile.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt times a rush to make decisions without a clearly defined objective, but in business I suppose you have to go with what you know at the time. But to quote Coach John Wooden "be quick but don't hurry". You're overall results will be much better.

Very Unprofessional Management

Client Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsThe objective of the position to help healthcare professionals with tests for patients with dialysis.
    Easy commute.
    Shift Hours changeable

ConsMy experience as an employee as this company was very negative . The HR team and Client Services management were very unprofessional. They seem to encourage employees to rat against each other. They ask you , almost pressure you, to work long hours. I heard some very unprofessional things about the CEO as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on team building and training of the managers. I think your company needs a lot of work.

Liked the job until change in management

Client Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Greenwood Village, CO

ProsPosition and pay were great. When I started in CS it was great, then things changed.

ConsManagement was inexperienced, had no college degree and was not able or willing to help our great team. Previous management team was awesome, helpful, very knowledge and professional. High turnover in a dialysis position that takes weeks to learn really hurts the dedicated team.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to everyone, make positive changes and stop thinking you know it all.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Now a miserable place to be

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros401K, other workers; compensation in line with others in industry.

ConsEverything else; management has become a unorganized mess. Employees have become "cattle" with almost no value to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize you are making a name for the company by poor decisions in your market.

High Quality Co-workers, poor upper management.

Redwood City, CA

ProsGood benefits, like 401k. Great smart and talented co-workers. Company is lucky to have such talent, except Management does not realize it.

ConsFeels like a white collar sweat shop specially in software applications. Upper Management seems to see their reports like peons, and 4th class citizens that are there to be worked until they drop and that the worker should feel lucky just to be able to work there. Upper Management seems suspicious of the worker bees and don't trust their expertise. Upper Management will use threats to try to motivate their workers. They believe if the worker is scared of losing their job they will work harder. Of course this is not true, in these modern times.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to learn about the IT culture and what motivates the workforce specially in the Silicon Valley. Workers, specially in IT are there looking to be challenged on interesting projects they are looking to learn and thrive.

Not a pleasant place to work

Call Center Representative (Former Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsThere are good medical and dental benefits

ConsIt seem like management was very unorganized and unethical. It was an awful experience. Have you ever been in a situation where managers judge their employees. There have been many company changes that were not relayed to the employees either.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed HR intervention with professional management.

Great starter job for those with no degrees

Clinical Support Specialist (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsGreat Benefits, various hours available,personal space for each person to get their work done. Enjoyable to help medical staff resolve issues with applications, results and reports. Company may reimburse employees to further education in the medical field.

ConsVery unstable, high turnover rate in the Client Service department, no room to grow, no grace period, managers slow to respond to open cases in most departments. Constant changes in the company. Employees are not kept in the loop until changes are close to taking place.

Great Benefits, Incredibly Smart Senior Management, Culture is boring

Redwood City, CA

ProsUnbelievable benefits - even though there are no stock options, the 6% 401k match is almost unheard of these days. Extremely good health benefits package.

Smart management - CEO is the best within the industry. CFO has an incredible background with a even greater understanding of how a business is run. COO is extreme meticulous and runs a very lean and efficient company.

Work life balance is what is should be, a balance. Personal and family issues come first and the company understands this. This means the company is able to retain stronger talent.

ConsThe company culture is very boring. The industry is mildly dull, but constant changes in healthcare laws make up for it. The company doesn't sponsor lunches, get togethers or events very frequently. Some departments people don't socialize, but they are friendly.

Pay is average, but raises are hard to come by and usaully aren't very much.

This environment wouldn't be a good one for anyone under the age of 35.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know your stuff and the company is thriving under your guidance, but make the place a little more fun and interesting.

Strong Company and Management, Can't beat the benefits

Sales/Service (Former Employee)

ProsPrevious poster is right on the money - very well run company with great management team. Benefits can't be beat and work/life balance is encouraged. Nice work environment. Company does a good job investing in diversification to adapt to changes in the industry.

ConsThe ESRD industry is in the midst of some changes.

Okay place to work, plenty of room for improvement

(Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, the 401K match is the best in the Valley. Great team members

ConsManagement - very rigid, not open to new ideas, even with so much experience in the laboratory business; communication is very poor. No updates on what's going on, we get to hear most of it after changes have happened. managers seriously need training on how to handle performance issues. I can see several people who have serious issues but are not reprimanded. Biased reviews/incorrect information.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease ask your employees what they think and listen to us with an open mind. we only want to make this place better for us and everyone else.

Worked for Ascend Clinical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ascend Clinical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ascend Clinical CEO Paul F. Beyer. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Ascend Clinical employees.