Ascension Parish School Board

Be The First To
Add Photos

Patrice Pujol

the best

High School Teacher (Current Employee)
Saint Amant, LA

I have been working at Ascension Parish School Board full-time for more than 8 years

Proscoworkers and students. High expectations, lots of work. Good students, great support. High pay compared to others. I love it here

Consalumni has too much influence. Everyone is related to everyone. very political. Have to know someone to get a job. Don't anger anyone . never can please everyone.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

substitute teacher

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ascension Parish School Board part-time for more than a year

Prosit was a was a 2nd job. My full time job was evenings and weekends

Consthere were no benefits given with this job

Special Needs Counselor

Special Needs Counselor (Former Employee)
Gonzales, LA

I worked at Ascension Parish School Board full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLots of independence, great school system, dedication to student needs, cooperative faculties and administrations

ConsHomophobic atmosphere at times, little choice in school placement, some collegial tension

"Everything great and intelligent is in the minority"

Teacher (Current Employee)
Donaldsonville, LA

I have been working at Ascension Parish School Board full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI have worked for 2 different schools in the Parish. The first was a dream come true. Great support from administrators, colleagues, parents, and community. Our professionalism was never questioned. "A" school. Freedom to experiment with new techniques created a culture of teachers and students who were excited about learning.

District offers comparatively good medical coverage and life insurance benefits. The communities which comprise Ascension Parish are wonderful places to live. 10 sick days per year granted to teachers. Unused days rollover to the next year.

Cons2nd school......I am actively looking to leave and follow in the footsteps of many who have quit recently. Overabundance of paperwork, useless data charts and graphs..."busy work" if you will. No lunch break, no planning periods, no time given to fulfill normal teaching duties. Employee morale has bottomed out. Faculty literally being told to "teach to the test."

The students and teachers are suffering in order that administrators and the district continue to receive praises for being an "A" district. Not. Worth. It.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have lost your BEST teachers so far, (check the names, credentials, schools) and it is only November. Unless you slow the bleeding, expect to restaff entire schools come January and August. "Attitude reflects leadership."

Worked for Ascension Parish School Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ascension Parish School Board reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ascension Parish School Board CEO Patrice Pujol. All reviews posted anonymously by Ascension Parish School Board employees.