Ascent Children's Health Services

Dan Sullivan

All around help

Former Employee - Van Driver Classroom Help in Benton, AR
    Former Employee - Van Driver Classroom Help in Benton, AR

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working with the children. It was the bright spot of my day. I even went there on my vacation days. I loved my job there

Cons

They are not fair with the pay scale and they don't consider that the employee may be telling the truth.

Pay attention to employees and know that they have families outside of the company. Pay them what they are worth and you'll get do much more out of them.

Not what it used to be

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time

Pros

The benefits were good, FSA, 401 K, PTO and Sick Leave were offered, but it was difficult to take off due to work load. The interaction with the children was definitely a positive!

Cons

Raise freezes happened often, as well as being forced to use vacation. Very high stress level across the board and lack of support from upper administration.

Don't forget that every person in the facility leads to the success of a company...starting with the classroom and moving up.

Ascent review

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time

Pros

Helping the children is the only thing good about this company.

Cons

Employees are not valued. Leadership doesn't care one bit about them. Leadership really doesn't know how to run a company.

Horrible leadership

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services

Pros

Only pro is helping children to receive therapy needed.

Cons

Poor leadership across the board. Non-trusting and does not value their employees at all. Everything is about a profit.

None

It was very good job. I learn a lot and I really got more knowledge about Microsoft, being professional, consistent.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Memphis, AR
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in West Memphis, AR

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Helpful and concern about the children. Learning that everybody can learn. Teamwork makes the dream work. My job was important to move the company daily to desired goals.

Cons

Not consistent in raises, evaluations, company promotions. Not very concern about networking on job opportunities. Not prompt to correct issues and problems on the job.

Be more concern about your employees and you will get better result in employees working performances.

Clinicians are unappreciated.

I have been working at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Typically a M-F, 40 hr week and an opportunity to work with children and families.

Cons

Salaries/pay is below state average for position and raises are difficult to achieve. There is a lot of micromanagement no matter your position. This company is not usually willing to work with employees that are having family or personal difficulties. There were a lot of people doing nothing and a few working their butts off. Clinicians are overloaded with work and do not receive comp time. In fact, they will dock your vacation time if you do not work a 40-hr wk.

Respect and show appreciation to all your employees. I know that many of them work very hard for you. Try to achieve a more balanced workload for employees. Tell your office staff to stay off their personal cell phones. Your clinicians need more support staff.

It was a good career, some days challenges but overall enjoyable.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I love the children and being able to help parents get help for their children. I love working with others that had a heart of concern to help children get better and achieve goals.

Cons

Evaluations late. No Christmas bonuses, No reward vacations had to be accrued every pay period....Don't encourage the employees on good jobs done. There are cases were children are being physically, and mentally abuse and nothing is done to satisfy the parents.

Take a closer look inside the hours of the day at Ascent. Talk to the employees about their concerns and how they feel about certain issues. If complaints are constantly being turn in. Go and talk to those individual alone.

Pediatric Day Clinic/Ascent/Acadia

Current Employee - Mental Health Tech/Lead Teacher in Trumann, AR
    Current Employee - Mental Health Tech/Lead Teacher in Trumann, AR

I have been working at Ascent Children's Health Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pros of working at PDC is making a difference with the children. The experience itself. Helping the children and learning something new everyday from the children.

Cons

The pay! Not enough vacation time. You get a point on the point system if you are sick. If you catch a bug from a child and the company sends you home you still get it counted against you. The rules change everyday. One day they tell you to do it this way next day its another. The people there are great but the company itself needs lots of improvement. The health insurance takes most of your check.

Better insurance and treat employees like employees not like strangers.