Ascent Services Group
www.ascentsg.com Walnut Creek, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Ascent Services Group Reviews

Updated Feb 17, 2014

Joseph Nordlinger

Disorganized internship but still a good experience with a good company

Data Intern (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsSome of the best reasons to work with Ascent is their friendly, casual working environment. In addition it is a small company so you are able to meet and get to know everyone in the company. As an intern I met the CEO (who is located in California) within the first month of employment. Perhaps one of my favorite parts of being an intern there was the fact that they had all of us interns meet with employees in many different departments to see what different jobs are available in any company, even one as small as Ascent.

ConsAs an intern I began to get frustrated with the lack of structure with their internship program (in their defense this was the first time in quite some time they had an intern). I often was having to try and find my own work to do since my boss was often swamped with work of her own. Also, from what I understand, being a recruiter in general can be a very stressful job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the upper management were very helpful and friendly. Just show your willingness to work hard and they are happy.

Ascent SG got me the job I wante!

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsThey check up on you to see how you're doing.

ConsI don't have any issues with Ascent!

Advice to Senior ManagementI enjoyed my 6 months working with Ascent.

I love my career with ASG!

Human Capital (Current Employee)
    Walnut Creek, CA

ProsGreat management team. Focused, driven and intelligent employees. ASG rewards top talent! Collaborative work environment. Innovators in the staffing industry. This is a great place to build a professional career.

ConsOverall, I love the Ascent Services Group. It would be nice to have a 401(k) match. But overall the benefits package is very competitive.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Thankful to be part of the ASG team!

ProsThere is a sense of family working for Ascent Services Group. The relationships you build cannot compare to anywhere else I have worked. The fact that the CEO is in his office every day, with the door wide-open, and a willingness to hear what each of his employees say speaks volumes in itself to know what kind of company this is.

ConsThe lack of 401k matching, and bonuses. As well as a better anual evaluation process.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, pretty good management team. Some members of the management should take more after the CEO.

Best Information Technology and Pharma Talent Provider In The Market

ProsGreat people providing excellent customer service every day to both external and internal clients. Ascent is staffed with some of the best talent in this industry. It's great to be able to be a part of such a great culture.

ConsNo cons yet but I will keep you posted. I have been with Ascent for just over 3 years now and it only keeps getting better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. You are building a great company. Hold on to the current culture. Looking forward to the next 3 years!

ASG is an awesome place to work!!

ProsI work with some amazing people, the environment is fantastic, surrounded by intelligent people who strive to make the company successful every day. Everyone has a smile on their face in the morning, we all say “good morning” to each other and treat each other like an extended family. I started here in 2005 and been very happy ever since!!

Cons401k matching isnt avaliable at this time - this would be great to help build my retirement.

Great company with great people to work for

ProsAscent has a great team of people working for them. All departments are on top of their game and love working for the company. Their end goal is to connect people with the perfect jobs and they are very successful in doing that.

Culture is great and everybody works together to get the job done. Overall theme is team work here.

ConsNone as of right now

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work with your team and inspire them

Great company to work for and moving in a positive direction!

ProsI've been in the consulting industry for years, I was so very impressed the the automation of the onboarding process. It's always been something that we've struggled to implement with past employers.

ConsNo cons to note to date

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look to the consultants as your greatest resources.

Not Great

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsInterview process was smooth. The people are nice enough when you contact them.

ConsInsecure system allowed our personal data get hacked and posted on the web. Never heard from them after placed in the position. The company I worked for dropped them as a preferred vendor. The price of the benefits was very high. Kept getting calls and emails for jobs from them about jobs even after I already worked for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you know who you have on staff. Occasional personal contact would go a long way.

Flag Review
    Ascent Services Group Consultant Engagement Manager responded to this review Aug 20, 2013 EditDelete
    I am sorry to hear that you felt that ASG did not communicate enough with you. Here at Ascent we value our consultants and work hard to have our "Consultant Care" right. We want all our consultants ... More

Proven successful company with solid foundation and some of the best employees in the industry

Walnut Creek, CA

ProsAscent has built a solid reputation over the past decade and continues to build upon that foundation. It is all about ethics and hard work and that is why I am a part of this award winning team. I feel strongly that we are some of the best talent in our industry. As some of our competitors have merged or consolidated and ended up becoming out of touch and bloated, Ascent has been staying the course of healthy organic growth. This has lead us to become the firm of choice in our industry. I look forward to going to work each and every day and feel so fortunate to be a part of this dynamic organization.

ConsI don't feel there are any cons compared to the other firms I have worked for.

Worked for Ascent Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ascent Services Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ascent Services Group CEO Joseph Nordlinger . All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Ascent Services Group employees.