Ascentive Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
Updated September 22, 2014
2.5

Adam Schran

Focus on: teamwork, individual performance and growth, opportunities to think creatively, and avenues to advance within

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ascentive full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at Ascentive has been a rewarding experience that is challenging (in a way that motivates people to strive for tough goals and achieve them), requires hard work, and demands dedication and commitment to the company and an individual's position within a company. The people are friendly, but each member of the team still maintains a focus on the importance of both personally producing results and also mentoring and pushing other members of the team. There is definitely an great air of mentorship, especially among those who have proven success here.

Cons

Ascentive is a environment for someone who is driven, motivated, goal-oriented, and looking to seriously grow professionally... it might offer challenges for people who are not excited about learning, diligent work, or achieving goals.

Must have thick skin

I have been working at Ascentive full-time

Pros

The office location is ideal. Right in Center city.

Cons

Micro managed. They even monitor when you can take your 15 minutes break.Always trying to take money out of commission paycheck.

Value your people.

Great People Stuck at the wrong company

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Ascentive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started on the lowest customer service temp position for Ascentive and then was brought on to full time staff into the marketing department. I learned a lot about marketing and social media.

Cons

There are great people who work at this company, but the CEO micro manages everyone from the VP down to the sales and Customer service people. Plus most of the people who made the company great, have left because of the micro managing.

Rewarding, open company with room for growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ascentive full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There was recently an initiative to get new company ultrabooks for all of the management staff in Philadelphia. This brought about a new way of doing things and everyone seems to be very positive about it. Some previous reviewers mention how departments didn't know what other departments were doing, and they've mentioned how they didn't feel involved in decisions. That may have been the case in the past, but it is not any longer. Just about every major company decision winds up being brought to a meeting. Everyone knows almost everything that everyone else is working on, and it is fantastic. Different departments are able to bring up concerns that the other departments may not have thought about when they were planning projects, and now we're able to get that input before any projects kick off. The team is working much better together as a team as a result of this collaboration.

There are also great opportunities for growth in the company. 2/3rds of our Call Center Administrative staff were originally hired as call center agents, and within a matter of months, they proved themselves and were promoted to positions where they now manage our entire global call center team.

The office is right in the middle of Center City Philadelphia and has a heck of a view. There's even a telescope so that you can check out the Delaware Memorial Bridge some 30 miles away.

Contrary to some of the previous reviews, I have found the CEO to be pretty easy to deal with. As with anyone, there are times when I don't agree with a particular decision that's being made, but my opinion is always heard and respected. In many cases, after discussion, the decision is revisited and I appreciate that I am able to provide that input.

Cons

If you don't live in the city, parking in Center City is unpleasant. The commute can get a bit rough if you're coming from far away.

I really feel great about the path that the company has been on recently. I think that we've hit the 'sweet spot' for making sure that the company runs well based on the type of company that we are, and would encourage the management to continue moving down this path.

Terrible CEO

I worked at Ascentive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, although they don't stay long. Nice office.

Cons

CEO is a monster who will drive you away. The company is going down fast.

Retire.

Keep on moving

I worked at Ascentive full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has some really friendly and smart people working there. You can gain a wealth of knowledge in the position you're in as well as learn other parts of the business. The current VP is awesome. If you can keep a "just business, not personal" frame of mind, you can grow in your field and use the position as a stepping stone somewhere else.

Cons

Don't expect the friendliness to continue to the top of the chain. CEO is inconsistent with his expectations about individual positions and the company. His mind will change on a whim. It's a revolving door for employees, so don't expect to make a career of the job. At the end of the day, everyone answers to the CEO and things must be done his way, right or wrong. Expect to be insulted if you make mistakes.

Most managers are great, however they need to be able to do their jobs without fear of being berated by the guy at the top.

It is the CEO's world, you are just living in it

I worked at Ascentive

Pros

Some good employees who really do care about the business
    Very relaxed dress code
    Cool location

Cons

The place is a revolving door- nobody stays for very long
    What candidates and employees are told about the company is usually not reality once you start working with leadership
    Ownership really makes it a miserable place to work day to day
    CEO leader lacks communication skills to deal with people or clearly define anything from his expectations of them to their goals. One day you are a saint and the next day he is telling you what a disappointment you are
    Long range goals and planning change consistently, very frustrating
    There is no trust between the employees themselves and the one person running the company
    Office is really depressing, dead silent most of the time and strange colored walls

Watch your back

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Ascentive

Pros

Good location and free parking. Some very nice people

Cons

Watch you back. There is a lot of back stabbing, double talk, and mis-information. The CEO's ego will drive you nuts.

Let the CEO stay on the development side and stay out of marketing.

Looks great from the outside but CEO will drive you out

I worked at Ascentive

Pros

Great employees, cool location in city, small so some potential to make a big impact in the company, able to learn a lot, benefits are decent

Cons

CEO is extremely difficult to work with, blames everyone but himself for the issues of the company, is up and down like a roller coaster and has limited couth with no social skills. Employees are hired to lead and make money for the company, but are never truly allowed to help improve their surroundings. It is a 30 person company with one person attempting to run everything based solely on their idea of the way things should be (what "should be" changes on a whim and will. Very depressing place to work.

Treat your employees like professional adults. There no need to chain them to the desks, stress them out and obsess over spreadsheets. Let them do what they do best and get out of the way.

An enjoyable and truly rewarding experience.

I worked at Ascentive

Pros

Great team of experts.
    Highly resourceful and well trained professionals.
    Excellent camaraderie shared by staff.
    Awesome teamwork displayed during projects and assignments.

Cons

Limited to specific tasks or assignments only as per requirements and credentials acquired on the job or previously. Daily routine tasks result in a monotonous mechanical process.

Encourage field trips outdoors at off-site locations with staff. Adventure tours organized as a team of professionals improve and boost our strengths as a team seeking a common goal to succeed.