AseraCare Reviews

frustrating

Current Employee - Rncm
    Current Employee - Rncm

I have been working at AseraCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the best part of this job is the actual work we do. The hospice philosophy is a great one, it's a good job to have.

Cons

The company makes good and loyal workers pay the price for poor and untrustworthy ones. We have constantly has our benefits cut or removed to where we have almost none left.

Treat each office differently, if there is a good producing office, allow them to keep benefits, or be treated well. If there are poor offices, discipline them as necessary.

Frustrated and Burned Out

Former Employee - Rncm
    Former Employee - Rncm

I worked at AseraCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hospice philosophy. Coworkers are nice to work with.

Cons

Major decisions taking away benefits from employees. Over working your staff until they become so frustrated and burned out they leave. Finally this year a cost of living raise was given but then a new milage policy was enforced taking more away then what was received for the raise.

Stop making major decisions all one time, ie milage policies, salaries. You are losing good employees quickly. Your employees are humans not game pieces.

Staff turnover

I worked at AseraCare full-time

Pros

Want to provide good care. A few great staff

Cons

No supervision. Reactive and nor proactive

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate is clueless

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Foley, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foley, AL

I worked at AseraCare for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working within Hospice and the procedures AseraCare implements from Corporate are always well ahead of other companies. But in the Foley office current Executive Director is unstable and cannot implement strategies she commits to.

Cons

Current Executive Director (Foley) is good about making plans but fails to empower staff to reach goals. She spends most of staffs' time gossiping and is not establishing the trust that is needed to build a strong team. For this reason staff keeps changing.

Look closely at the true ability of Executive Director. Seems to have good skills in words but her follow through is more to have other staff members do her job and ignore their own. She refuses to take actions that need to be addressed and just ignores them. While the corporate office seems strong and more than capable the local office is not strong and needs major overhaul with a new ED. From what I saw changes were made but a bad choice in the ED. Also the staff does not trust her and only does what they have to do to care for the patients.

No doubt have a bad reputation in the community, nobody knows who they are in CA

Former Employee - Dont Matter  in  Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Dont Matter in Fresno, CA

I worked at AseraCare full-time

Pros

good pay compared to other hospices per my colleagues who work at other hospices,

Cons

They are corporate, micro manage, extremely demanding about the how employees carrying themselves even if its part of an employees personality, bosses don't have any education relevant to the health care professionals providing front line care to the patients, don't respect employees and lie to employees upon hiring, don't train employees, unethical and engage in illegal activity, ED, supervisors, managers have their family members at company as volunteers, they talk about other hospices as if they are so ethical themselves, and ask employees about other employees, mostly Caucasian, no opportunity for advancement; not a environment of multi-cultural nature, they hire minorities only to meet EEO requirements and nothing more and nothing less

LET EMPLOYEES DO THEIR WORK and STOP micro managing and be honest during the interview process, don't be fake and then do something else behind employees back

Excellent

Current Employee - Regional Manager  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at AseraCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary, bonus potential, work environment. Benefits and fringe benefits packages are very good also. Company culture is strong and consistent.

Cons

Lack of advancement opportunities available. Insider connections and favoritism are needed to really advance. Hours can be long especially for salaried management.

N/A

Unethical

Former Employee - Social Worker
    Former Employee - Social Worker

I worked at AseraCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits are good. I really loved working with the terminal ill population. This company was flexible with my schedule in the beginning which was very helpful with my family.

Cons

The entire company is unethical. I tried to get someone in intervene when I was working in a hostile workplace, but nothing was ever done.

Listen to your employee and help them when they are begging for some relief.

What a difference a few months can make

Current Employee - Clinical  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Clinical in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at AseraCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really can not think of any at the moment.

Cons

Recent restructuring causing conflict between the Golden Living Centers, sales, and the home division. Unrealistic evaluations of unique differences between cities.

Do not take in to consideration observations of an employee with 30 years health care experience who knows the market.

Regional and Divisional management STOP being bullied by Directors of Nursing in your facilities. You reached this level, yet are being short-sighted with some of the local leadership.

Keep in mind that unethical behavior of your staff at the local levels will eventually lead to YOU looking bad.

Sales Managers have their own agendas, acting to "sell" the product without regard for the "product" which is the employee or the program.

Marketing compassionate care while practicing poor practices of patient care

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at AseraCare

Pros

large company, large corp. footprint in the nursing home, home health and hospice industry. Reasonable salaries fit the market.

Cons

subversive ethical practices toward patients and highly ethical staff members

we all reap what we sew. We learn either by karma or by love.

Breath of fresh air

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I have been working at AseraCare full-time

Pros

Positive corporate and regional leadership. They are open to suggestions and encourage autonomy. They hire experienced nurses and providers, the hiring process is very thorough resulting the the right people to care for patients

Cons

Only con is that they, like other corporations, are consolidating positions in the local branches. They are downsizing the office and ancillary staff.

I have no advise to upper management . I can only comment that Golden Living Corporation/Aseracare is a well managed, proactive company that is providing top notch care to thier patients

Worked for AseraCare? Contribute to the Community!