Ashley Ellis Reviews

2.6
CEO

1. Foot in the Door

I worked at Ashley Ellis

Pros

This is a great company to get entry level recruiting experience.

Cons

Tighter management for a more professional office environment.

2. IT Search Executive

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment with great team building events.

Cons

Horrible boss who didn't want us to go to HR or have any communication with them; she also spoke about other employees which was unprofessional; she didn't do anything but micro-manage; she yelled at you and spoke down to you; it was a horrible place to work.

Advice to Management

I believe she ran the Atlanta office to the ground and it is no longer open.

3. IT Search Consultant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time

Pros

I was employed.
    The commute was convenient.

Cons

Loud music playing to "make us sound hip & busy"
    Open-concept pods of four (at the time)
    Revolving door
    Unprofessional
    Dishonest
    No work-life balance

5. Great culture, and work environment. The managers are friendly and really good, genuine people. (Indianapolis)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Ashley Ellis

Pros

You will learn a ton. The Indianapolis managers are there to help you succeed. They are always offering advice and coaching. They will become your friends. They always offer advice and coaching. For many people, the opportunity is there to make really good money. You will have to earn it though. This is a tough job. The managers also do things the right way and have integrity in all they do.

Cons

It is hard work, and can be stressful. If you are not a self motivated person, don't apply. You have to be serious about this role, but if you are you will love working here. It can be emotional.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management. This industry seems to have tons of competition, but they made a company culture that will stand out from the others (at least in Indianapolis)

They where very informative.

I worked at Ashley Ellis

Pros

They have very experienced personal that make your job much easier.

Cons

There was a lot of people that needed to be involved with all the day to day planning and procurement.

Advice to Management

Trust more in your staff that has been put together by management.

A starter job at most. Turnover is crazy.

Former Employee - IT Search
    Former Employee - IT Search

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of people your age. Casual. Fast paced. It is a starter job and nothing more. You gain professional experience here and move onto a bigger better company. You have the ability to honestly make good money but the support isn't there to get you to that point.

Cons

100% Micro-managed. They will tell you its all about the result of your work, not the number of dials you make. Incorrect. If you do not make exactly the number of calls they want (whether you're making money or not) you will be scolded and your job probably threatened. The only resources you are given to succeed is a phone and a computer. You generate 100% of your leads. Initial database was ancient and very buggy. Moved us to a new database, was told to teach yourself, 2 months later they got rid of the database and put us back on the old one, thus losing all information inputted during those 2 months. Training includes a week of someone talking at you about how their 30 year old methods work, etc, etc and then you're off. The "trainer" leaves and you're on your own. You're told to just start calling and you'll figure it out. The turnover is so high you don't have someone to look to as a mentor. The most senior people in the office have been there barely a year. (usually less). Have talked to upper management about issues and concerns and they say they will address it and you never hear of it again. I worked at AE for almost a year and half and saw at least 10 people come and go. Turnover is insane. Two managers left within 6 months and they were never replaced.

Advice to Management

Support your employees. Take their opinions and concerns seriously. The turnover is too high to sit back and hope things pan out. Train your employees better. You cant just hope they'll catch on. That's not a business. Better database. Salesforce or something. Send new people to a successful office to show them that you can be successful. Don't just tell them and hope they believe it. Threatening someone's job every other week is not a proper motivational technique

Oct 20, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. As you know, our company has been undergoing many significant changes over the last couple of years, and we recognize that this can ... More

Horrible work environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at Ashley Ellis part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed receiving a pay check on a weekly basis, besides that, I have nothing nice to say.

Cons

Where do I start?
    1. The office is very unorganized. Papers are everywhere and personal files are always missing. There's even a drawer that could be used as paperwork over flow that is being used to hold old telephones instead.
    2. Upper management roll their eyes and huff and puff when you ask for help on certain things.
    3. Tensions are high because employees never know when they may get let go.

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Don't "fire" your employees without notice over the phone. Also, when they ask for help or how to do a certain task, don't roll your eyes.

Oct 6, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We know there has been a lot of internal change at our company lately, and while our goal is to empower a team of passionate employees to work towards ... More

Dreadful- Happy Days are OVER

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Ashley Ellis full-time

Pros

This used to be the best place to work! Key phrase: "USED TO BE" The pro's as of lately, you quickly realize how great other companies and cultures are. It is pretty bad when the entire office has been quoted saying to candidates or clients, "wow, that culture sounds amazing, those benefits are great, why don't we have that here, or can I come work for you?" If you enjoy having knots in your stomach everyday at work, dreading the work week, getting micromanaged, being talked to like your a child, being manipulated, being surrounded by gossiping queens, and a ton of unnecessary drama... then this is your place! There are still a few individuals that are left there that are good people, but for the most part, this is not a place you want to start your career or change positions to join.

Cons

The company is crumbling quickly. This used to be a great environment, culture was ideal, and overall just a fun place to work. That all changed so quickly over the past year when inexperienced and unprofessional individuals were promoted within management roles and started making very important decisions for the company. The morale across the entire company plummeted and sales dropped tremendously. When we as a team, came together to voice our concerns to upper management about the morale and reasons for the changes, we simply were ignored. No changes were made, a band aid was put on the issue. As we all know, band aids quickly fall off and the issues are still, eating away at the company and the employees that make the company successful. Within months, one by one the office filled with talented individuals who were "the bread and butter" for the office left to move on to big and better opportunities where they will be appreciated, heard, and valued for their hard work. The ones still standing are the ones that ruined it for everyone.
    If you are currently interviewing here, I would be very cautious at what they are telling you in the interview process. The key strengths to one of the managers there is manipulation. You will like them at first thinking they have your best interest but they will quickly turn on you.

If this review does nothing for you, I would definitely keep up to date on the financial aspects of the company. This company is under the umbrella of General Employment Enterprises and can be found by looking up their stock code JOB. Do your research before joining the company!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they come to you about issues. Have individuals within senior levels and management roles that actually know what they are doing and have some business knowledge.

Oct 2, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for sharing your experience. As a company, we're always striving to improve, and so we genuinely appreciate feedback. We understand that there has been internal change at our company ... More

Not Well

Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Search Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can get promoted quickly, many people have quit, creating room for promotions regardless of ability. No one seems to ever get fired. In fact, I’ve heard there are dozens of recruiters milking the base for years that rarely produce and never get fired here. So if you do and want to be promoted to a manager, this is the company for you.

Cons

The new executive management has no recruiting industry experience; in fact it looks like the CEO has never been a CEO. Many services are being shut off, rent is not being paid according to the landlord, sales are plummeting, and people keep quitting. Yes I am one of them. I could no longer come in to work and watch the abusive ways of the leaders. In fact, an entire office walked off the job not too long ago. People have been promoted and hired which you would think is a good thing. However the people promoted and hired, (which we were told were the experts) have not brought in any business for almost a year. I don’t get it, why is the company paying big salaries to people who can’t bring in any business and then reducing the commission program for the recruiters who are producing?

So, overall the best people are quitting, and the people who bill the least and being paid the most are staying. Really? Go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Treat people well, don’t lie to them, provide them the tools they need to be successful, don’t make the non-compete plan more aggressive and tell us it’s better for us. And please stop telling us there is plenty of money when the losses are huge and vendors are talking about not being paid by the company. Clearly the plan is not working otherwise the number of people leaving would be shrinking not growing.

Oct 2, 2014Marketing Director

Thank you for sharing your experience. As a company, we are always striving for improvement, and are actively making changes to address and resolve your concerns. We understand that there has been ... More

11. Great company, great people

Former Employee - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Ashley Ellis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the people there. Its a great environment to work in, very fast paced and lots of interactions. Management challenges you and offers excellent training while allowing you independence to get things done.

Cons

This can be a high turnover environment but sometimes that can be a good thing if you don't like certain people. There is a lot of calling so if you aren't a person that enjoys talking to lots of different people throughtout the day, it might not be a great fit.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed my time as Ashley Ellis and it really launched my career. Continue the great trainings and keep hiring top notch people!

Oct 2, 2014Marketing Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're excited to be working with a passionate team of employees, and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you also for discussing your concerns, as this ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed