Ashley Furniture Reviews

Reset
2.5
Ashley Furniture President and CEO Todd Wanek
Todd Wanek

Pros
  • I like that it is an easy flow work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Fast paced, enjoyable staff and upper managment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance could be a lot better (in 6 reviews)

• In general the attitude of upper management is focused on working longer than your designated shift (in 10 reviews)

1. lead man

Former Employee - Lead Man in Elverson, PA
    Former Employee - Lead Man in Elverson, PA

I worked at Ashley Furniture (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was good at time

Cons

They had no respect for employees

Advice to Management

get out

2. Best furniture company on the planet

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great growth potential with managers that care and want to help you succeed and grow with the company. I would recommend this company to anyone that has a can do attitude and wants to make excellent money.

Cons

One of the only cons to working here is the computer systems are outdated but they are working on it.

Advice to Management

Give more bonuses for achieving metrics and store goals. Keep it fresh

3. Great place to advance a career.

Current Employee - Home Store Delivery Driver in Arcadia, WI
    Current Employee - Home Store Delivery Driver in Arcadia, WI

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great relationship with every supervisor I've had. My job includes driving, assembling and talking with customers and I enjoy going to work.

Cons

The biggest issues I face are when customers buy items that are too big for their homes. Customers being advised that they have a back ordered piece lacks at times.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to employee feedback. Keep an eye open for the ones that come in day to day and give 100% all the time.

5. Good job

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time

Pros

Awesome company to work for

Cons

Only con is you will be there a lot

6. Furniture Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

I worked at Ashley Furniture (More than a year)

Pros

Good People, nice product to sell

Cons

Not enough customers, need more advertising

Advice to Management

More Advertising

Bigots, pigs and Liars

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, WI

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get hired! Easier if you`re a white guy who drinks too much. Always hiring, and people are always leaving

Cons

They say they needto attract young oeople, ethnic people and women to meet sales goals but they only listen to white middle class middle aged guys. Women arent even invited to the events where the real planning takes place. They openly disrespect blacks and women, exploit mexicans and are just shameless with it.

Advice to Management

Either shut up or be more discreet. You can hold any beliefs or prejudices you want,but if you want to make videos and ads, dont get caught being the opposite. You are getting what you deserve. Your respect and care for your workers is being returned to you. Crappy, isnt it?

No Morals, Underhanded, Retaliatory

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Ashley Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IF you keep to yourself and treat it just as a job you'll be OK. But, I would give my talents to a deserving company, not Ashley-Stoneledge Furniture.

Cons

- Todd Wanek and his brother only care about money. They can't be bothered with anything else yet they claim that the company is operating on Christian values. Try bringing up legitimate issues within the company and see what happens. You think they will fix them or that they care? Yeah, right... They'll get rid of you instead, 'cause you're interfering with them making money. They don't care about their employees, only as far as the law requires it. - The HR department is NOT there for you. It's there to protect the company. And the head of the west coast HR division and her assistant are both underhanded, conniving people. - If you get fired they will fight your unemployment claim no matter what they have to do. They will lie and collude just so they don't have to pay it. It's standard practice for them and they get away with it. - The west coast division, Stoneledge, has major internal issues and they rather protect their nepotistic ways and ignore the problems than face the issues and fix them. People are protecting each other at corporate and don't want to be bothered by anything that arise from the stores. (There are a couple people there that truly are trying to change things but they need their jobs so they rather not rock the boat.) - I couldn't trust my manager or regional as far as I could throw them. Very underhanded with no morals. - The quality of the furniture is just horrible.

Advice to Management

Why bother. They are not interested, and they don't care.

not a great environment

Former Employee - CAD Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - CAD Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ashley Furniture (Less than a year)

Pros

lots of people... honestly cant think of anything, other than the fact that having Ashley Furniture on your resume seems to work really great. I guess since no one really knows how untalented or experienced you really have to be in order to be qualified. Not as bad as the jobs you only need a pulse for, but still not far off. If you're willing to unlearn everything you know and never learn anything else again, great destination. There are a lot of departments, so lots of opportunities for some.

Cons

no one seems willing to change even if youre just creating more unnecessary work. I continually would finish jobs within hours of being assigned and then when I mentioned I was finished, I just had to go pretend to be busy. Many hours of reddit will be browsed while working here... although I guess thats not a con really. But I really wanted to take something positive away from this company, being the biggest in the world and all that jazz, I thought there would be something positive to gain. I was sadly mistaken. Lots of departments, so for some there may be a lot of opportunity. I was there for 9 or 10 months, there seems to be a revolving door installed at the entrance.

Advice to Management

stop worrying about how many more cubicals you can shove into one space, its already cramped geez. And making walk ways one way?! seriously?! what the heck?

Worst company if you care about work ethics, appreciation and quality

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Ashley Furniture (More than 3 years)

Pros

Money Customers I can't think of any others

Cons

work life balance work ethics appreciation from upper management cut throat atmosphere lying they hire someone to replace you and train them in a neighboring store, you hear about it, everyone knows and they still lie They are never happy with results cheap merchandise no local ad presence too many sales staff on floor high turnover

Advice to Management

Show some appreciation Get better merchandise quit lying to associates and management Take a look at your turn over that speaks volumns

11. Company slogan and promoted values contradict what really seems to go on.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Ashley Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees at the individual stores are friendly and get along. Very personable and care for guests.

Cons

Corporate office of current owners is in another state and they seem to have little knowledge of what is happening at the store levels. Most employees are underpaid. Company boasts a family atmosphere where life moments matter and promote a faith based environment, however, if you aren't a member of corporate management you are fully expected to put your life on hold for the sake of a sale or promotion.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who actually is working, and who you are paying to work and having others do their work. The overall atmosphere in this particular location is somewhat hostile because management has power, but little responsibility, as the regular employees and team members are pulling most of the work load with little recognition.

RSS Feed </> Embed