Ashley Stewart

Updated May 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Celia Clancy

Typical retail store with horrible management and professionalism.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsMore fashionable than Lane Bryant.
    Decent prices.
    Great jeans!
    Relaxed and fun atmosphere
    Focus on customer

ConsLess quality than Lane Bryant.
    Professionalism of store level management.
    Workplace politics ruins employee morale, literally had assistant managers competing with each other. Instead of sharing credit and accolades as a whole team, assistant managers would take credit for sales associations sales. On the other hand, blame was passed around(and unsolved) quicker than you could say "there's a problem"

Advice to Senior ManagementKNOW who you have working for you and running your stores aka be more involved.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Unfortunately the company got away from its core customer base over the years

District Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe MOST LOYAL customers I have ever experienced.

ConsTried to change before enhancing current strengths

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that the associates BELIEVE in the brand, spend some time believing in the associates

Worst company to work for

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsThere are no pros of working here.

ConsHorribly run company. HR is a joke. Planning is a joke & the Buying team is an even BIGGER JOKE!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all current management & start fresh - they have no idea what they are doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Completely unprofessional/shady management.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSeemingly flexible schedule,..can't think of anything else.

ConsCompletely incompetent and unprofessional managers. Very shady. Some of the stores closed, mine being one of them. And I as well as my other co-workers were NOT taken care of. First of all, not all of the sales associates were offered transfers and the district manager NEVER followed up/came by the store to make sure everything was going smoothly. The managers were also left fending for themselves with no job offer. I was in contact with the district manager about getting a retention check (which we are entitled to when a store closes and you stay with them until the end, which I did) I called Thursday, they proceed to tell me that they are not working and to call back Monday. It made me feel really small and they made me feel like I was bothering them. So I was really busy on Monday and I was hoping they would at least get back to me. It's Wednesday and I haven't heard from them. So all this plus A LOT of other reasons I can't say is why I wouldn't even recommend this company to a BUM. I tell you right now, I couldn't be happier I'm leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is mostly for corporate: Make sure you have COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL people working for you.

Retail Representative

Retail Representative (Former Employee) Oak Park, MI

ProsYou got to meet new people everyday,particiapate in the diffrent sell and discouts.

ConsYour hours arent consistance. You have tio be able to deal with diffrent attiudes when dealing with the public. When part time you are not offered any benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with sales reps as well as management.

Allocator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Secaucus, NJ

ProsA good stepping stone company

ConsLeadership, Systems, Career Growth, 401K, Benefits, Severance Package,

Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

Prosthe fashion, engaging with the customers, and protecting the company

Consnot being able to grow as fast as one should

Advice to Senior Managementnone

If you like Retail Sales,Sales associates you'll like Ashley Stewart!

Co Sales Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsIf you enjoy working in Retail Sales this may be the job for you!,but if you have a social life i wouldn't recommend this job for management position but would recommend for sales associate.Reason being is they give sales associate minimal hours wheres you can enjoy a social life with some cash in pocket,but bad for management because your always working overtime but don't receive over time pay,Instead of everyone playing their position and the whole team coming together you'll find your self as a manager always doing sales associates work plus management duties as well

ConsNO work life balance.They over work management to cut payroll cost.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

my life shift bad

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY

Prosthey hired me on day one went i went in was treated very well

Consthat i was sick and could not work at the time should have went back as i got better pay was not to great but sill work

Pretty good

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Valley Stream, NY

ProsNice work environment, job it self is pretty easy and satisfying, get lots of retail and customer service experience and employee discounts of 30% and 40% on special days , also dress code is not so strict

Conssalary is not so good, and very rare to promote with in and hours are very restricted, lack of stability in the companies rules

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities for promotion and positions available and hours

Worked for Ashley Stewart? Contribute to the Community!