Asian Pacific Healthcare Venture

Updated November 3, 2014
4.0

Dr. Dean Norman
1 Rating

Family working environment. Understanding supervisor.

I have been working at Asian Pacific Healthcare Venture full-time

Pros

Multi-languages staff, relax job place as there are not many thing to do. Nice customers and patients

Cons

tons of politic. There are so many Asian nosy gossipers.

Decent

Current Employee - EHR in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - EHR in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Asian Pacific Healthcare Venture as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience for anyone looking for something to do out of college or during.

Cons

Working overtime for no pay is a bit hard to take with how complex some of the projects are.

Find stipends for interns at some point.

Nurse

Former Employee - Nurse
    Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at Asian Pacific Healthcare Venture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved the company and the staff, Monthly meetings help the company grow as well as monthly trainings.
    Everyone is helpful with the patients and the Providers are very helpful when it comes to providing quality in the healthcare industry, its the best I've seen.

Cons

I would say the only bad thing was the training when I first got hired, If they had one person training the new hires with everything it would be a better company.

Growing, but at who's benefit?

Current Employee - Project Assistant
    Current Employee - Project Assistant

I have been working at Asian Pacific Healthcare Venture part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone I worked with, I could say were good people. I was paid fairly and the benefits I received were also very fair. There was always food around too, and I don't want to devalue how that makes a person feel at work. The resources and services available were truly valuable to the community it reached, and the more they can make themselves available to people the more the people will benefit.

Cons

Even though the community the organization serves has a great need for a diverse amount of services, I sometimes felt that the direction of the organization to grow and expand lost site of the high risk people they served, and was overshadowed by an increasingly corporate attitude. Structure is definitely important for effective change, but advocacy inherently includes a more assertive, daring attitude than I saw from a lot of team members, especially the higher up it goes. I left this organization essentially because I wanted to try and help people among others who weren't afraid to be a little rebellious here and there, and made all the more difference for it.

Take more risks and don't be afraid of losing a popularity contest if it means you're going to benefit the community you serve.