Asiana Airlines Reviews

1. REthink if you care about your career path

Former Employee - Agent
    Former Employee - Agent

I worked at Asiana Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are big chance to learn jobs around the company due to lack of labor force .

Cons

Low salary, really low salary. No future at all(both promotion and raise)

Advice to Management

If you want to survive, you have to change

Good people but over work load and no chance of promotions or salary raises

Former Employee - Loadmaster in Sfolianá (Greece)
    Former Employee - Loadmaster in Sfolianá (Greece)

I worked at Asiana Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy work and your resume will look good however its the same thing over and over with more rules and regulations all the time.

Cons

Bad hours delays, low pay no promotions and home staff are always first USA staff are nothing. Work load is always increased plus responsibilities are high with no chance to ever move forward. If you want a future steer clear from Asiana Airlines.

Advice to Management

If you want employees to stay don't be selfish take care of them and give them a chance to excel with some benefits. I was there 4 years and 14 people quit with because of all the crap at SFO.

3. They say top quality service in reality it's a lot of smokes and mirrors.

Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Passenger Service Agent in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Asiana Airlines part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest benefit that comes with working for Asiana Airlines is dealing with a wide variety of people. You meet a lot of people as you work at JFK Terminal 4. From TSA Security Agents, and other airline personnel, you get to meet a lot of people. The airline teaches you to deal with a lot of different passengers and other people. Working as a Passenger service agent really taught me a lot on improving on people skills. This job was rewarding because I got to meet a lot of wonderful people.

Cons

The cons are that you are working with a bunch of Korean people who are used to the Korean work force mentality. The Korean company work force mentality is "work and no complain"... in other words, you do what you're told and you don't say a word about it. The company has no way to file a grievance and violates overtime policies. When I was relieved, I had absolutely no way on filing a grievance. I was simply handed a letter, with no way to voice my opinions. The management at the JFK office are almost all corrupted and unfriendly. The company may teach our agents to "give top quality service" but in reality, that the management at JFK does not abide by the company guidelines for providing top quality service. To make themselves and their work environment more comfortable, they give up on providing quality service to our passengers. Although I found working at the airline to be a pleasure (because of some coworkers), I felt that I was in prison for most of the time I was here.

Advice to Management

You really need to look at who ACTUALLY does their work and who REALLY tries to satisfy the passengers. Just because someone had a conflict with another employee because they wanted to provide a passenger with high quality service is not ground for them to be relieved of their duties. The reason why SO MANY employees resign is BECAUSE the management at JFK treats us like garbage. The JFK office are complete hypocrites to the company morals and policies.

5. Easy

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Asiana Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

easy work, relaxing unless top management gets involved with lots of reports. No over time is required.

Cons

low starting salary compared to other company. work procedure is boring with daily basis. Very simple but not too helpful for future alternative jobs.

6. Good opportunity for high school grads, but not worth for college grad

Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Asiana Airlines (More than a year)

Pros

Good working environment with good co workers

Cons

Bad management. No support from HDQ nor regional HDQ.

Don't Bother if you have a Bachelor's Degree

I have been working at Asiana Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's an easy routine day job.

Cons

Upper management does not care for the local branch employees

Advice to Management

It's unfortunate only the HQ employees receive better entitlements with salary.

5 Star Airlines by SKYTRAX, not a 5 Star Airline from Employee's Point of View

Current Employee - Manager in Seoul (South Korea)
    Current Employee - Manager in Seoul (South Korea)

I have been working at Asiana Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Near free travel, business trips do not get offloaded. * Flight and cabin crews get paid much more than the local economy compared to ground staffs. * Holidays, sick leaves, emergency leaves etc. are good. (Get at least 22 days off a year) * Job is pretty straight forward, team cooperation, good peoples, lots of boozing & partying.

Cons

* Old fashioned, unwilling to innovate and very bureaucratic management. * Employees paid very low nearly similar to LCC. Instead you get overload of work and responsibilities.. * What you accomplish after hard work will not be your accomplishment. (Company Culture) * Apart from airports and crews, you don't get overpaid for overwork. * Everything about you is decided by your team/station manager. Holidays, extra-work etc. * Foreign employees do not get support for accomodation, transportation etc. * The company will never be equal to Korean Air's standards. (almost on every aspects) * Job circulation will get distracted by your team boss even though you make accomplishment. HR is decided not by your performance but how your boss thinks about you. Very very illogical and stupid.

Advice to Management

* Mandatory job circulation should be made within 2~3 years span without the team bosses' decision. * Employees should be paid more equal to cabin crews. * Team managers should not be the central decision maker on every aspects for the employee. * Company should be more performance based not, team boss's personal feelings about you.

Asiana to overseas crew

Current Employee - Cabin Crew in Seoul (South Korea)
    Current Employee - Cabin Crew in Seoul (South Korea)

I have been working at Asiana Airlines

Pros

You can travel the world

Cons

You're out of places we are not prioritized, always alone, luckily if i had a chance to flight with your batch mate

Advice to Management

Please consider also overseas crew

10. Conservative Korean entity, tried-and-true platforms but completely unwavering.

I worked at Asiana Airlines

Pros

Fast track for learning. OJT employee training ideals. Dynamic environment

Cons

Dramatic environment Mgmt is distant -- Conservative Korean business styles / ethics.

Advice to Management

If you're from Korea, don't attempt to run it like you guys do in ICN. If you're from elsewhere, good luck with upward mobility.

Need more oppertunities to Grow

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Miami, FL

I worked at Asiana Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cheap Airline Tickets and get to travel around the world.

Cons

Low pay and almost non existing oppertunities.

Advice to Management

Let U.S. Base employees to grow.

RSS Feed </> Embed