Asigra Reviews

David Farajun

No complaints

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Asigra

Pros

I have no complaints about working at Asigra. Reading some of the other reviews are entertaining. You people that complain are a joke. You can't even spell properly. No wonder they let you go.

Cons

The pros outweigh the cons

Advice to Management

Lots of positive changes recently. keep it up.

2. 3rd floor is ok. 4th floor is hell.

I worked at Asigra full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had the privilege of reporting to Stephen on the 3rd floor. He was a wonderful leader and a joy to speak with. Very understanding and compassionate leader. If you get the chance to be on his team, take it.

Cons

Working on the 4th floor. It reminded me of a distopian society. Programmers and technical writers lack the basic tools they need to be successful. Want to Google something? Sorry, no internet access for you. And don't think about looking it up on your cell phone unless you are prepared to answer for you misgivings. I mean, really, what were you thinking trying to solve one of your problems by researching it.

As for the person who wrote the review t
    Accusing us reviewers of not being able to spell. Shame on you! You know the majority of the company are immigrants. I would love to see you wrote a review in Romanian. Maybe client servives can help you.

Advice to Management

Stop peppering thus site with your accusations reviews and learn to be more introspective. Work shouldn't feel so much like a dictatorship.

It's funny to see employer organize review spam here

Former Employee - Technical Support
    Former Employee - Technical Support

I worked at Asigra

Pros

Maybe good for a lazy guy like me or a fresh graduate to appreciate how salary is earned by seconds
    The business seems stable,it has lasted 20 years and seems adapting pretty quickly from surface

Cons

No career path here for most ppl,maybe there're for some,sales or some key person etc

Advice to Management

Not much,it's a family business,please try to add some benefits to employees,I heard there're some changes already,please keep it coming

Worst company I've ever worked for

I worked at Asigra

Pros

Dedicated staff that for some strange reason don't leave.

Cons

Dated software, owners run the company like a fiefdom. Demonstrated contempt for their employees and customers, engaged in dishonest business practices.

Advice to Management

Consider rewarding your employees for their efforts. Stop berating your employees and customers. Comply with the software licenses that your software should be bound to.

A company with long distance to go

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Asigra full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The technology of our company is mostly out of age. As a develop environment, it contains numbers of past technologies. I am always wondering if I left here, what experience I could mention in my CV to highlight my career.
    It provided a long term project over years. Hence the core was designed with the framework 10 years ago.Even worse, we have not successfully created a new field rather than our traditional area. Our boss did not even plan for it yet. He will sleep on the history for ever.

Cons

The technical document is none. The essential points were saved only in senior developers' mind. There is NO architecture document and chart in the company. Everyone is trying to keep his acknowledge to protect his own position in the R&D group. Otherwise he would be kicked out by our boss easily.

Advice to Management

The management should be improved. Otherwise we will lose our clients sooner or later.

The worst company I ever met

Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Asigra full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

David Farajun was a tough, big boss. He was always rushing and yelling to his employees "I PAY YOU MONEY!!!" in the office.
    To push the guys working more hours in the office, he demanded everybody punching out/in the door to count every working second, even the time for the washroom!
    David taught us how to take the food off the buffet from the Inn! The reason is "We can save the lunch!".
    David, you are not necessary to be so CHEAP. We all can afford it. Try to be a person rich inside!

Cons

The only point in David and Eran's minds is persuading employees to work over time for free.

Advice to Management

Retire or sell this company. And stop dumping faked blowing reviews to Glassdoor. This is Glassdoor.ca, not Asigra.com.

fake reviews keep coming !

I have been working at Asigra full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Are you kidding me?
    Getting worst day after day once special people are privileged all the time

Cons

lots of politics and hidden stuff around

Advice to Management

please please please ,

Stop posting fake reviews on behalf of the employees!

This is not good and fair at all !!!

Lots of opportunities, lack of professional courtesy and respect

Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Asigra full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for opportunity to develop as a professional, you will have many great experiences here. Asigra has a wonderful partner community of smart, enthusiatic and hardworking MSPs. Being a part of helping them grow their business by providing a solution to sell and market could backup and disaster recovery services can be very rewarding.

Cons

The hours are long, poor work/life balance, lack of professional courtesy and respect. For they outputs they expect from employees, they do nothing to recognize the amount of effort each employee contributes and that is evident in compensation, vacation time and very basic employer paid health benefits.

Advice to Management

Get out of your own way. With leading edge technology, the right executive team and a fresh pair of eyes, there are no limits to what Asigra can do. You have a great partner community. With your success being aligned to your partners, stop creating policies and processes that only benefit you.

Amazing people, great product, lots of growth opportunities

I worked at Asigra full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had a great pleasure working with amazing people, who are passionate about the industry and the product. There is lots of opportunities for professional growth if you want it. You're always encouraged to come up with new ideas, everyone can contribute to the success which is both refreshing and challenging. I've definitely enjoyed my time at Asigra.

Cons

More flexibility in work-life balance.

Worst company ever, they record your working hour

Former Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Asigra full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will develop experience in real C/C++ (in windows development, universities don't usually do that) and Java development associated with SQL.
    Salary was ok, not bad, but not competitive either.

Cons

Technically:
    1. You will see very few comments in source codes, and the technical lead says it's the CEO pushing for project deadline which results in no time writing the comments in code.
    2. some tools and computers are very outdated.
    3. Some developers wrote really stupid hard codes or misuse things for their own convenience, without adding comments.
    4. No internet connection to each computer. You have to either go to an internet machine, or use remote desktop, which really slow down things.
    5. No internal instant message tools.
    6. The code structure is chaotic.

General:
    0. All five stars on this company should be fake.
    1. No flexible hours, and the company tracks your working hour while paying you on an annul base.
    2. No cubical at all. Everyone works on a table only.
    3. Nothing in the kitchen (only fridge, microwave, and an oven. Not even tea or coffee)
    4. People leaves frequently (either fired or resign)
    5. The management is only adding pressure to the employees rather than leading and encouraging them.
    6. CEO will blame you if he sees you using cell phone
    7. Bad benefits.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees as you want to be treated. Don't always think about making money.