Aspect Software

Updated December 16, 2014
2.7

Aspect Software CEO Stewart Bloom
Stewart Bloom

Pros
  • It was a great work/life balance working there unlike other places that say that have that culture (in 17 reviews)

• Great people working at the customer level, they care about the customers (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No Vision from Senior Management , Lack of Aggression when it comes to Sales & bring New Customers (in 17 reviews)

• With all of the changes and challenges it is extremely difficult to have a good work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Friendly, relaxed place to work.

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time

Pros

Environment is laid back and employees are treated well. Challenging and rewarding. You basically get out of it what you put into it at the end of the day.

Cons

Layoffs are often common. The company overall is making strides but the strides feel slower and smaller to employees than they are perceived by management.

We will go Private, Plan and Grow

I worked at Aspect Software

Pros

They devised and planned a Strategy

Cons

They didn't Grow from the strategy

Nice Maintenance Cash Cow, please keep it healthy

Disconnected with reality.

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Aspect Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management says that they really want to help everyone achieve their goals and rally around you when you have a deal to sell. They are great cheer leaders.

Cons

When the rubber hits the road, there are too many shiny objects distracting leaders from following through on commitments. The support was horrible. The follow through was non-existent. I was not proud to represent Aspect.

Own up and follow through.

Company going through growing pains

I worked at Aspect Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

New CEO seems like an energetic guy. He speaks well and makes an effort to communicate to the employees.

Cons

Efforts to off-shore many of the operations functions are disruptive and layoffs among US support staff are common. Sales team lacks leadership and direction. Cuts to Field Service team have been brutal and may hamper Company's ability to meet service obligations. "Out with the old and in with the new" attitude undervalues experience and in-depth knowledge of long term employees.

Post jobs and allow internal candidates to apply. Don't ignore the talent within the Company. Stop off-shoring jobs.

Good company with a lot of talented people at Aspect

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has a lot of talented and smart people. The executive management has done a great job of changing the culture to a "let's make it happen" environment versus "us against them". Tremendous focus on doing what's best for the customer which has always been an Aspect edge over the competition.

Cons

With all of the changes and challenges it is extremely difficult to have a good work-life balance. Employee stock options are tough to get and you only get to keep them "if you can keep your job until Aspect goes public" regardless of your number of years. That tends to make you feel it doesn't matter what you do today unless you happen to be employed when Aspect goes public.

Work-life balance needs help. Review stock option policies. Keep up the good changes.

My experience at Aspect was less than stellar.

I worked at Aspect Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have some great product to sell and some "idea" people who are phenomenal. Unfortunately those people were few and far between.

Cons

The VC group was challenging leadership and the senior management was scrambling to meet the challenges. I think the CEO had the right ideas but his direct reports could not be trusted!! (maybe true for CEO too, not sure) As a result, they changed worker bees regularly once they squeezed out of them what they wanted. They let people go regularly - I think it was a way to pass blame if they did not deliver what the VC group wanted. Problem is senior management was not capable of articulating what it wanted. I think there are some highly qualified people there but if at first pass you did not deliver, there was no second chance even if it was not your fault. I delivered EXACTLY what was asked for (even though I had no training on the products!) and when they realized there was a bigger problem, then I was fired and became the scapegoat even though I could have delivered the right thing if asked. VERY questionable management practices!! Very much played favorites there. So if you take a job there, go in with your eyes open. Watch your back as they can not be trusted.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Department in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Department in Lombard, IL

I worked at Aspect Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good hours, good benefits, reasonable pay.
    Some politics unfortunately.

Cons

Equipment not up to standards

Some tactics by upper management not thought out thoroughly

IT Professional

Former Employee - IT Professional in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Aspect Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Aspect Software used to be a wonderful place to work. Lots of motivated people doing great work.

Cons

Aspect is now a shell of what it used to be at one time.
    Over the last two years it has been heartbreaking to see dedicated, longterm employees laid off as their jobs were outsourced to India.

Change is good, but too much change to a company can destroy it.

Great Turnaround Story

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reinvigorated product roadmap and move from Premise Software to Cloud provides for new opportunities. Cloud business is growing rapidly. Growth of products through acquisition, partnering and increases in R&D investments.

Cons

Hard charging environment. If you like to win, it works.

Sales

Former Employee - CSM in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - CSM in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Aspect Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nimble company with loads of talent across the workforce. Management structure is very efficient and the product offering is extremely solid and diverse. Work-life balance is moderate to good and several opportunities exist to work remotely

Cons

The company has undergone recent M&A activity and the solution offering feels a bit segmented. Engineering will correct this over time, but the situation causes sales staff to be creative with how information is presented to customers

Develop a comprehensive solution