Aspect Software Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
2.5

Aspect Software CEO Stewart Bloom
Stewart Bloom

Pros
  • It was a great work/life balance working there unlike other places that say that have that culture (in 16 reviews)

• Great people working at the customer level, they care about the customers (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • No Vision from Senior Management , Lack of Aggression when it comes to Sales & bring New Customers (in 16 reviews)

• Zero consideration of work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

My experience at Aspect was less than stellar.

I worked at Aspect Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have some great product to sell and some "idea" people who are phenomenal. Unfortunately those people were few and far between.

Cons

The VC group was challenging leadership and the senior management was scrambling to meet the challenges. I think the CEO had the right ideas but his direct reports could not be trusted!! (maybe true for CEO too, not sure) As a result, they changed worker bees regularly once they squeezed out of them what they wanted. They let people go regularly - I think it was a way to pass blame if they did not deliver what the VC group wanted. Problem is senior management was not capable of articulating what it wanted. I think there are some highly qualified people there but if at first pass you did not deliver, there was no second chance even if it was not your fault. I delivered EXACTLY what was asked for (even though I had no training on the products!) and when they realized there was a bigger problem, then I was fired and became the scapegoat even though I could have delivered the right thing if asked. VERY questionable management practices!! Very much played favorites there. So if you take a job there, go in with your eyes open. Watch your back as they can not be trusted.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Department  in  Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Department in Lombard, IL

I worked at Aspect Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good hours, good benefits, reasonable pay.
    Some politics unfortunately.

Cons

Equipment not up to standards

Some tactics by upper management not thought out thoroughly

IT Professional

Former Employee - IT Professional  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Aspect Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Aspect Software used to be a wonderful place to work. Lots of motivated people doing great work.

Cons

Aspect is now a shell of what it used to be at one time.
    Over the last two years it has been heartbreaking to see dedicated, longterm employees laid off as their jobs were outsourced to India.

Change is good, but too much change to a company can destroy it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Turnaround Story

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reinvigorated product roadmap and move from Premise Software to Cloud provides for new opportunities. Cloud business is growing rapidly. Growth of products through acquisition, partnering and increases in R&D investments.

Cons

Hard charging environment. If you like to win, it works.

Disjointed...Stemming from history of Acquisitions and Changes in Sr. Management

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are some great, talented, passionate people at this company....who genuinely care about customers. It's a nice mix of legacy employees and the new regime.

Cons

Unfortunately, due to the challenges of maneuvering within the organization, and the overlap among groups, teams, products (due to many acquisitions), the company is not as nimble, quick, and agile as they could be. There are way too many layers of Sr. Management and internal tape to get through, in order to get anything done. As a result, many get dis-enchanted with working here, and frustrated. The pressure to perform is intense...and when the pressure to perform is made more difficult by the challenges of positioning solutions that are not fully-vetted or ready to go to market, it's even more discouraging!

Less talk and more action!

Sales

Former Employee - CSM  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - CSM in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Aspect Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nimble company with loads of talent across the workforce. Management structure is very efficient and the product offering is extremely solid and diverse. Work-life balance is moderate to good and several opportunities exist to work remotely

Cons

The company has undergone recent M&A activity and the solution offering feels a bit segmented. Engineering will correct this over time, but the situation causes sales staff to be creative with how information is presented to customers

Develop a comprehensive solution

Just another Consulting Company

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Aspect Software as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

They have clients like Monsanto, Equifax in St Louis.

Cons

Most of the folks work as a consultant for the clients and the manager at Aspect are the worst!

Make your management folks who are directly managing the consultant to play fair!

Difficult to get in touch with HR

I worked at Aspect Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Aspect was once a great company.

Cons

It is so hard to get in touch with Aspect HR Managers after employment is over. Keep calling Chelmsford office to request a letter but unable to get in touch with HR department. I think it will take ages to get in touch with any HR manager. I wish i never worked there.

You can communicate when a former employee needs you.

Great and very talented people to work with.

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer  in  Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Aspect Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company had good compensation and benefits until recently due to several acquisitions. Job levels have been lowered in order to compensate new employees less for the same amount of work.

Cons

Re-org almost every six months for the last few years,. A lot of jobs are outsourced and you never know when your job will be outsourced.

Consider suggestions from personnel other than the executive team. Some have great ideas that will actually help keep the company afloat.

STAY AWAY! There is a reason that their approval rating is 24%.. NOT worth your time!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Aspect Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well, if you consider getting hired a PRO that is about it. CULTURE is HORRIBLE and management is WORSE!!

Cons

They will give you ZERO direction. LEADERSHIP, what is that? It is non-existent. Whatever you do, do NOT work in the VOEXO office in Orlando! They are a bunch of angry, bitter people, that could care less, and are just angry about being bought out by ASPECT! If you want to work somewhere that everyone puts their heads down and is angry at the WORLD this is the place. Don't let them fool you with the free lunch, and laid back environment. I would rather work for less $$ and have someone pretend that they care for me. STAY AWAY! I have never worked for a more MESSED up, company than this one. I hope I find a new job or do me a favor and fire me SOON!

Get someone that actually cares. Your Orlando location hates anything and everything that has to do with Aspect, and no one cares. You need to put someone in charge that cares about the company!!! The leader that came from "ASPECT" is useless! The CULTURE is HORRIBLE! The most SENIOR EXE could care LESS.

Worked for Aspect Software? Contribute to the Community!