Aspen Contracting

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pat Nussbeck

Family company who cares about their employees.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat Company with great benefits. Company is compassionate and caring for an individual's success. Team atmosphere with competitive attitudes drive the sales force.

ConsExtensive Traveling with many months away from home. The per diem program is commission based and doesn't provide for sufficient realistic cost for living on the road.

Save yourself the trouble.

Roofing Sales (Former Employee)
    Cheyenne, WY

ProsThe only pro that I can think of, is that I made a small handful of good friends working at this company.

ConsThe company was started Chris "LC (little chris)" Nussbeck after working a large storm in Florida. From what I hear the company started out great. By the time I was hired, the company had been sold to Pat Nussbeck, Chris's brother, and the pay structure was revised. The management makes the majority of the money while the salesperson starves to make a living. I was asked to travel far away for a new storm, and hadn't even made enough money to re-locate. Due to this, I was unable to file for unemployment and ended up in a bad position due to the construction economy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people a decent commission, and you might remain an important influence in the roofing industry. Stop selling homeowners on the high-end shingle and installing the bottom of the barrel. Don't give handouts to your family members.

Re~Leaf Rep / Project Manager

Re~Leaf Representative/Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Hutchinson, KS

ProsAspen Contracting offers the best warranty's and is a very reputable company. I would recommend Aspen to anyone needing a roof, gutters or siding.
    The travel and dealing with public on a daily bases. Is wonderful
    We take pride in customer service. The work is easy and great benefits.

ConsThe pay is straight commission and it takes time to get paid per job dealing with insurance company's .

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely disappointing

Roofing Sales (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsShows you want NOT to look for in employment.

ConsEverything. In order to sell their services, you drive around the city, climbing on rooftops with no safety gear, at your own expense. If you should make a sale, then you'll earn a commission. I'm seeing more and more sales position like this - taking advantage of salespeople.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut a little out, like pay for the work people do AND a commission on their sales.

I met some great co-workers to work with, but we all found far too late that there were no good people to work for.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Kansas City, MO

ProsPotential for Management Advancement. Opportunity to travel around the country, although this is extremely hard for sales and production related positions if you have family responsibilities.

ConsIn my own experience the biggest CON is that the system is set up to filter out all but the best sales reps to succeed. The company sets up temporary offices in areas hit by severe hail & wind storms to primarily provide roofing services. Locals are hired as sales reps and a small training allowance is often provided (4 weeks in my case) for a short period, after which income is by commission only.

Sales reps are trained to sale via door-to-door canvassing , encouraged to work 10+ hour days, 7 days a week, and promised six-figure incomes if they consistenly do. They are required to account for time spent working by entering data into the company database for every door knocked, name, address, phone, results, etc. Reports are extremely time consuming and usually take well into the evening to finish a typical days work…after work.

Additionally, reps are trained to climb roofs to inspect damage, measure, provide estimates of damages, make presentations, meet with insurance company adjusters on the roofs to convince them of damages, follow up with adjusters, payments, mortgage companys, providing job orders, calculating materials lists, scheduling installs, supervising the roofing crews, picking up excess materials and returning to suppliers in their own cars/trucks, customer care, and collections.

Unfortunately, pay is seldom received until after several weeks or months of hard work only to discover that the expected commissions are far less than anticipated, even when the sales reps use the company’s price lists. They often find the company penalizing them, taking part or all of their commissions when the company fails to make enough profit.

I have seen many good, honorable, hard-working reps leave after months of hard work with little or nothing to show for it. This is a terrible company to work for.

Worked for Aspen Contracting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aspen Contracting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aspen Contracting CEO Pat Nussbeck . All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Aspen Contracting employees.