Aspen Dental

WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Former Employee - Scheduling Center Representative
    Former Employee - Scheduling Center Representative

I worked at Aspen Dental

Pros

THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO PROS

Cons

HOURS, PEOPLE. CONDITIONS, YOU NAME IT THE WHOLE PLACE IS A CON

QUIT LYING TO POTENTIAL NEW HIRES-THIS IS 100% A CALL CENTER NOT A SCHEDULING CENTER-STOP LYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This company is a JOKE-was hired to 'schedule appointments' , and very soft selling-LOLLLL If you did not have a 50% or more conversion rate you would be reprimanded, you HAD to do everything possible to get new clients in, didn't matter if they canceled, you NEEDED to book those appointments. and bathroom breaks???What a joke-in an 8.5 hour day you received a half hour lunch and 2 10 minute breaks. you use the restroom and that counted towards your break-seriously????? These people say "treat you like we treat our own mothers" that's the biggest joke of all-They ONLY care about getting people in, not about quality of care,,,,RUNNNNN seriously don't waste your time with this company-HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Aspen Dental

Pros

there is always a chance for advancement. if you have to travel they compinsate you and put you in a very nice hotel! i love working with a company that you can grow.

Cons

None that i can come up with

Overworked

I worked at Aspen Dental

Pros

Insurance, benefits.
    coworkers, location, training
    The first week was the best. ..then it was just hurry up and get the patients through.

Cons

Like a factory...get people in and out
    Sign them up for expensive procedures they don't understand and can't afford
    pressure to make sales

Slow down
    Listen to employees
    You won't be around long treating customers this way

Didn't last long

I worked at Aspen Dental

Pros

decent benefits, it was a full time job.

Cons

worked in the hr dept. there is more turnover at aspen than anyplace ive ever worked.

The worst company I've ever worked for

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time

Pros

Well......I got a free hat LOL, I'm required to write at least 20 words here, I got nothing

Cons

$$$ comes first, patients come second, office managers are trained to go in and alter employees time cards so they have no OT, sometimes you have to work late (the hours are already bad) sometimes you work through your lunch. I have nothing positive to say about this company!!!

Maybe if you would treat your employees better you wouldn't have such a high turnover, treat patients like humans and not a dollar sign

Scam disguised as a Dental Office

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at Aspen Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can make good money and get promoted quickly, if you don't worry about sleeping at night.

Cons

Aspen Dental is nothing more than what they are accused of being - "Drive Thru Dental," a franchise system for the dentists who are unable to function as a traditional dentist, either because their business skills or their dentistry skills are not up to par.

Aspen's current mission is expansion. ADMI (Aspen Dental Management Inc) want to open as many offices as possible. In order to do this, they sell these "opportunities" (called POP's) to doctors. The only qualification to become a Practice owner is the ability to write a check for $250,000-350,000. Once a doctor owns the office, they are responsible for that office - however they only make a decent wage if they meet Aspen's monthly budget. Aspen always gets paid first, and they set the monthly "budget" themselves. Overhead may be $50k/month, but Aspen will set an arbitrary budget at $100-130k/month. Thus the doctor has no choice but to herd patients through like cattle in order to see as many as possible, meet budget, and see a return on their "investment." This sales and budget pressure is passed along to every employee in the practice, and meeting the monthly budget is the primary goal for everyone from dental assistant to lab technician. Want to get dental work done in a hurry? Visit an Aspen Dental on the 28th of the month. You'll get your extraction or dentures by the 31st, even if employees have to stay late to do it (and make up for it by leaving early on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd... so they don't get paid overtime). Many steps may not even be performed by the Doctor - instead his Dental Assistants will do handle some stages of treatments (illegal in many states) in order to allow more patients to be seen.

Because ADMI cannot succeed without doctors, those who own many offices have a lot of clout. They will abuse low level employees right up to high level management, because no one within ADMI is allowed to question a doctor's medical decision. Those in management who try to correct problems are often stonewalled and end up demoted after going head-to-head with doctors. Don't try telling a doctor that his DA's cant do a procedure... or that he shouldn't be committing insurance fraud... or you won't have a job. Most in management are frustrated, and turnover at Office Manager and Regional Manager positions are extremely high - which is why the company internally promotes so quickly.

Many Aspen doctors provide extremely poor service to their patients, as they are mostly concerned with meeting their budgets, a situation created by the greed system they have bought into. Yet even the worst doctors will continue to be sold new practices, giving them even more power to make everyone around them miserable - just because it keeps the money flowing in to Corporate.

This company is at the very least unethical, and frankly should be shut down. I would never return as an employee, nor would I recommend anyone go there as a patient save for a few specific doctors whom I personally know.

There is no reason for a company to be run this way. Wholesale changes, eliminate bonuses in favor of decent salaries.

Dentist

I have been working at Aspen Dental

Pros

None... This place is the worst company ever

Cons

Had to work there, at least they paid me

Please quit

Great company to gain expdrience. Corporate acts like they care about employees and listen to suggestions butthey don't

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Aspen Dental

Pros

You gain e perience and get to help alot of patienfs and see many different types of treatment plans you may not get to see elsewhere.

Cons

Corporate gives you directives to follow, but as soon as the office complains they give in and don't back you up.

Spend some real time in an office, not just couple hrs

Helping the underserved get the care they need

Current Employee - Office Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Aspen Dental

Pros

good training, bonuses and support

Cons

bonused on getting patients approved for credit (who can't afford to have their credit checked nor the payments).

Dental hygienist

I worked at Aspen Dental

Pros

The only good thing was the bonuses

Cons

Did not like job at all

Aspen Dental Photos