Aspen Heights

Aspen Heights Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Aspen Heights CEO Greg Henry

Greg Henry

Endless opportunities to grow!

ProsThe company culture is like no other. You always feel like you're a part of the family and that your voice is heard. There is never a dull day at work - the opportunities are endless and the environment is fun.

ConsBecause the company is still growing, things are constantly changing and it's important to be able to learn new systems and processes quickly.

Aspen Heights has a fun work environment, a caring staff, and fosters positive working relationships.

Concierge (Current Employee) Columbia, MO

ProsI love the culture, diversity of the staff, the positive environment and policies that allow employees to learn and grow with the company. I love the fluidity that allows room for change if a policy doesn't perfectly accommodate a particular situation or property. Management is easy to talk to from the property level, to regional, to anyone from corporate, there is always an open ear.

ConsSometimes it can feel as though there is a bit of a disconnect between the property and the corporate office. Problems on the property level may not be completely understood or appreciated by corporate, just because they are not in the thick of the situation all day, every day. Also, I feel that sometimes it takes so long to get issues from a property level to the corporate level, get approval for a solution etc., that whenever the issue is finally resolved, the problem sat, seemingly untouched for so long, that the damage is done, and residents stay sour.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to address problems as quickly as possible- easier said than done- before the resident dissatisfaction, anger and buzz over the issue becomes bigger than the actual problem. If there is a problem that cannot be addressed in a short amount of time (most of them), communicate the plan of action with the property and residents

Young company with a fun, fast-paced environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsCompany creates an environment that encourages its young workforce to take ownership of projects/tasks. Coworkers are friends outside of work. Teams are small enough so employees are forced to wear lots of hats which translates to a broader learning spectrum. Company hires people who are leaders and decision makers which further encourages the entire company to continuing being bold/creative.

ConsGiven the age of the company, there are plenty of areas for process improvement. Lost efficiencies in duplication of work. Some inexperience in the areas of managing/building up people. Management seems more concerned with growth (number of projects) than refining operational/management side of business. Could use more senior leadership in the form of experience.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A culture unlike any other!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFun and loving work environment, family, lots of growth potential, autonomy in the workplace. I don't feel like I'm going to work because I enjoy what I do and the teams I'm able to work with. Truly unlike any company I've had the opportunity to work for!

ConsWe're still a young company which means that there are some processes that need to be implemented. However, it's a great opportunity to create them or provide input as to what those processes should look like.

True values of culture and improvement, still struggling operationally.

ProsThere a great culture here that values improvement, support and the relational connection between coworkers. The leadership has a sincere desire to make right decisions aimed at growth, while maintaining the family feel. Personal development is an emphasis. There's room for growth in the company and upper management seems to really care about their teams succeeding. The company continues to improve.

ConsThe company has grown rapidly and structured procedures were not put into place when they should have been. This results in reactive devision-making and causes employees to wondering if the right decisions are being made by leadership. A lack of clear and organized operations is what will stifle well-intentioned efforts at growth. Compensation and benefits don't make the company stand out.

Terrible management, no customer service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat homes, great concepts, lots of growth

ConsTruly incompetent middle management. Staff at the properties are rude, and avoid their customers. Reach out to potential customers often, but once you sign a lease, they could care less. I've watched first hand as they attempt to sweep problems under the rug because they are concerned about their image, or simply don't want to deal with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your current residents like they have yet to sign a lease.

"Excellent Company Culture, Almost Every Day is Fun!"

ProsGreat people, great company culture, overall fun place to work. You can contribute heavily to the company. Entrepreneurial and accepting environment. You can truly be creative here.

ConsAs a real estate development company, the growth and scale of the company depend on the stages of the real estate cycle.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management is to just practice what you preach. In my opinion leading by example is the best way to lead.

I have worked at Aspen Heights for three years

ProsThe concept is great but the execution is a disaster. There are great promises made but the executive team has difficulty keeping their word.

ConsThe CEO is a disaster. The organization reflects the lack of character and integrity of the Chief Executive. It is only a matter of time before this company explodes (in a bad way).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to grow so fast

Growing company learning how to scale

ProsHuge growth, fun work environment, good people in every part of the business. If you want to do something within the organization, you have the freedom to try it. Great outlook for the next 5 years+ Lots of stability.

ConsThey are still learning how to grow and scale effectively, and hit some hiccups in the past year as they are going from the start-up stage to a sustainable growth stage.

It is such an honor to be a part of a company that allows you to grow

ProsFriendly environment, supportive company, innovative ideas

ConsI have nothing at the time.

Worked for Aspen Heights? Contribute to the Community!