Aspen Marketing Services

Aspen Marketing Services President and CEO Patrick J. O'Rahilly
Patrick J. O'Rahilly

Easy way to make money

I worked at Aspen Marketing Services

Pros

Easy work for little to no requirements

Cons

Boring and monotonous work. Slow periods mean you are sent home which means less money. If you have read Damned by Chuck Palahniuk, this is that call center.

Listen to employees more.

Better hope you're a favorite.

I worked at Aspen Marketing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, wonderful work/life balance.

Cons

Not much room to advance unless you are a "favorite." This company has a ton of potential to be great but falls short because of management. There are politics anywhere you go, but this place takes it to new heights. The best option would be to freelance here.

Listen to your employees and treat all fairly.

Do not care about their workers

I have been working at Aspen Marketing Services as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

That I am not with them any longer. That the store owners would offer me gifts and food for my hard work but did the honorable thing and said no. Happy to know that I have more values then they do.

Cons

They will back stab and allow their clients to treat their workers like cattle, and have so many expectations even when they are being used by the store owners or by them the boss. As a marketing company run and run fast because the only thing they are promoting is the money in their pockets.

Treat our workers like they are human and when you have staff that only play with their cell phones and cell 1 or 2 bottles 5 shifts in a row but have others that go over goal throughtout program to examine any issues they may have.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

There's good and bad.

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aspen Marketing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. Can work remotely if needed. Bonus plan.

Cons

Heavy workloads with very short turn around times require lots of overtime especially around the holidays. Finger pointing and lack of communication seem to be the norm.

Stop playing favorites. Acknowledge hard work when you see it.

Fast-paced & exciting work opportunities

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Web Developer in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aspen Marketing Services as a contractor

Pros

Casual work environment, motivated teams, variety of work is expansive & many employees often tackle a handful of small projects at one time

Cons

Occasionally disruptive environment, some departments are complacent & stagnant, which is a stark contrast to those that are rocketing forward

Continue motivating exisiting employees & keep hiring great people - Aspen is a stellar work place

One of the best corporate companies in Atlanta.

Current Employee - Art Director  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Art Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aspen Marketing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Aspen Marketing has a great business model and company culture. Their main goal is always focused on the client but they never forget about the employee's. With comparison salaries, more than full benefits, three weeks vacation and free lunch Fridays - what's not to love! Also an added plus is the discounted Concourse Athletic club!

Cons

As with any career these days; Unrealistic deadlines, too many account managers / PMs and the struggle to be promoted in a timely manner.

Set realistic yearly career goals for each employee and follow up with them quarterly to make sure they are on track.

Overall, fairly positive, but not a lot of room for growth.

Current Employee - Client Service  in  West Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Service in West Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aspen Marketing Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work//life balance is good. Fellow employees are smart and hard working.

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunties. Promotions don't coincide with performance.

Find a way to fairly promote individuals and help with job growth.

Excellent

I worked at Aspen Marketing Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I was able to learn a lot about event marketing - behind the scenes and was given some great tools to use throughout my life and with other positions.

Cons

Contract job and no promises of continued employment

run run run

I worked at Aspen Marketing Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

if your pretty, there are a lot of them....workers are forced into background while dumb female management takes all the credit.

Cons

Everything, simply everything. If you have any sort of a conscience, this is definitely not the place for you. The places is full of lies, cheats and thieves - top, down - even in the HR department.

get of your high horses and take a look at who really is doing the work in your company...a good opportunity an undercover boss episode...but the overly flashy CEO would be recognized I am sure.

Generations at Work

Current Employee - Programmer  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Programmer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Aspen Marketing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A very profitable company with a decent pay. Workload is manageable so it creates a very good work and life balance. I found it funny that everyone around here are very social and fun to work with except some in the management. Location is very good if you live close by, I got lucky I can just walk to the building.

Cons

Organization is mixed with multiple generations which turns into chaos at times in terms of thought process and expectations. It can turn into stress unless you know how to turn it around to handle people and manage up to your own benefits.

Keep up the good work and win more clients. Internal politics are everywhere so there is nothing I would expect you to fix it.

Worked for Aspen Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!