Aspen Publishers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark Dorman

Aspen Publishers

Telesales Representative (Former Employee)
North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at Aspen Publishers full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMedical benefits and 100% 401K vesting from first day of employment. Fair severance package at closing. 12% avg. commission on sales.

ConsThey wouldn't keep up to speed (technology) on their products...stayed with books.

Had super liberal, a al European (HQ in Netherlands) medical leave policies which I believe contributed to the company closing. Probably 25% of telesales employees were out at any given time. Lot's of people would be hired and within a week were out on sick leave indefinitely.

No letter of recommendation after having been promised one.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Aspen is a good job if benefits are your main concern.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Aspen Publishers

ProsThey have great benefits, and good work hours. The salary was good and the commissions were good but the tracking of orders really lacked good organization and communication.

ConsManaged by out of state office and not enough communication with staff.
The fact that upper management decieded to stuff clients shipments with products not requested really hurt the completed sales quota of a lot of us.
The fact that the developement of viable products to the market was not approached in a timely manner.
The management closing us down due to lack of interest in the products we were sold, instead of challenging the sales team with products on pda. We were told there just is not an interest in books anymore so out we go.
They did compensate us with severence but no letters of recommendation which really hurts a person seeking new employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo talk more with your staff, to develope product lines that are viable to the current market.

Worked for Aspen Publishers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aspen Publishers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aspen Publishers CEO Mark Dorman. All reviews posted anonymously by Aspen Publishers employees.