www.aspenpublishers.com

Mark Dorman
1 Rating

Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in North Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at Aspen Publishers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Medical benefits and 100% 401K vesting from first day of employment. Fair severance package at closing. 12% avg. commission on sales.

Cons

They wouldn't keep up to speed (technology) on their products...stayed with books.

Had super liberal, a al European (HQ in Netherlands) medical leave policies which I believe contributed to the company closing. Probably 25% of telesales employees were out at any given time. Lot's of people would be hired and within a week were out on sick leave indefinitely.

No letter of recommendation after having been promised one.

NA

Aspen is a good job if benefits are your main concern.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Aspen Publishers

Pros

They have great benefits, and good work hours. The salary was good and the commissions were good but the tracking of orders really lacked good organization and communication.

Cons

Managed by out of state office and not enough communication with staff.
    The fact that upper management decieded to stuff clients shipments with products not requested really hurt the completed sales quota of a lot of us.
    The fact that the developement of viable products to the market was not approached in a timely manner.
    The management closing us down due to lack of interest in the products we were sold, instead of challenging the sales team with products on pda. We were told there just is not an interest in books anymore so out we go.
    They did compensate us with severence but no letters of recommendation which really hurts a person seeking new employment.

To talk more with your staff, to develope product lines that are viable to the current market.