Aspen Square Management

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
4.2

Fred Anthony

Pros
  • Hard work is recognized and there is always promotion within (in 10 reviews)

• Within the next two months I was promoted to the Property Manager (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Stingy benefits - no paid vacation until 1 year of service, no 401(k) matching (in 3 reviews)

• The only con is you have to be employed a year to be eligible for dental insurance (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great work place & experience!

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  College Station, TX
    Current Employee - Property Manager in College Station, TX

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company really takes care of you. They not only have great benefits, they also have great management that really takes an interest in your life and any issues on the job you might have. We're like a family!

Cons

Renovations are hard sometimes but it gives you a better property to sell. In the long run it will help you lease your property. Very supportive home office and always there to help which is amazing!

Management 101 is a very unique and super helpful training tool. Make sure you continue so people will get to chat with one another about their different experiences! Also, the videos you send are very helpful for those who are more visual learners, and very entertaining as well.

A delightful experience that continues to get better each day/ year.

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people you meet from the residents, to the teams locally working on the properties to the corporate office everyone feels like family. A learning environment where no matter how big, small or out of the box the idea is, all ideas are shared with each other! It makes for a fun place to work.

Cons

More communication in the area of career paths

Consider yearly evaluations in efforts of letting employees know their career path/ growth.

Best property management company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked with aspen for over 7 years and I've been in property management for longer. I've experienced owner managed and fee based managed companies and I have never met a more down to earth group of corporate individuals ever. Everyone is treated equally and all opinions are valued from owners to district supervisors to maintenance techs to property managers to leasing agents.
    Everyone works hard and has a "whatever it takes" attitude. There is consistent support from supervisors, trainers, the legal department and IT. Everyone is always available and just a quick phone call away. Very much a team atmosphere and no one will ever tell you to do something they aren't prepared to do themselves. I've watched owners turn units and paint walls. I myself as a district management supervisor have cleaned units and very literally put out fires. Everyone's in it for the betterment of the community and residents and that's what property management is all about.

Cons

No cons- the grass is literally greener here. :)

Keep doing what you're doing because the employees of this company appreciate the work ethic and very much look up to you all as mentors.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Life Changing Career!

Current Employee - Traveling Leasing and Marketing Consultant  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Traveling Leasing and Marketing Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started with Aspen Square Management May of 2011 and I can truly say
    it has been the best career choice I could have made. After graduating
    from Florida State University with a degree in Marketing\Sales, I wanted to land a
    job that allowed me to use the skills I learned while studying.
    Thorough Aspen, I am constantly learning new information and being exposed to
    new projects. These professional experiences have allowed me to learn
    and apply countless skills over the course of three years.

Aspen has also afforded me the opportunity of
    traveling to different states and cities to gain different
    perspectives and learn new markets. Now, there is nothing that excites
    me more than taking on a new assignment. One of the greatest benefits of being a traveler is having the
    opportunity to travel across the US twice a month. As a traveler, you
    learn how to adapt to new surroundings and gain exposure to the
    variety of cultures and customs of whichever city or state you are in.
    Another plus about Aspen is that Home Office works directly with you
    and always seeks your input whether you are a leasing agent, traveler or property
    manager. With Home Office, your opinion matters. Aspen knows that
    each department is vital to one another, so there is a team oriented
    atmosphere within the company. Home Office even provides you with all the tools and resources needed
    to be successful, they appreciate that your face is the first
    interaction that any prospect walking through the leasing office has
    with the company.

My starting salary was roughly 34 K however, after
    only 1 year , with travels, rental cars and housing provided my salary
    jumped to 38K. Aspen also provides opportunities for bonus pay. Depending on how well
    your property performs, at the end of the year you could receive a
    year end bonus! With paid holidays, vacation and sick days . Health and dental insurance plans within the first year.

Ultimately, Aspen Square has taught me how to rebuild.
    When we first purchase a property, the idea is to
    rebuild a brand thats been abandoned. So not only do you have to believe
    in your product, but you have to make others believe in your product
    as well. Every time I close on a lease I am lifted and my level of confidence reaches a new
    height. No day at Aspen is alike, in fact that is the joy of working
    with such a wonderful company. We are faced with challenges but we are
    provided with tools to overcome them. Our work provides a satisfying
    feeling and I know for a fact that with most jobs you do not have such
    a feeling. Working with Aspen has been amazing and truly brings new
    meaning to the work place!

I wrote this review to share with you my invigorating experience with
    this company. I've referred friends and family, who too enjoys working for a phenomenal company!

Cons

Having to learn new management styles is probably the only task I find difficult. When traveling you met so many senior managers within Aspen. Everyone has a way of getting the job done, some I like better than others. When your use to one way, a way that works efficiently for you its hard to adapt to a new style. I have to mentally prep myself to be open minded and know the end result is more important.

I had a wonderful experience working for Aspen. Awesome people, I learned a lot.

Current Employee - Property Manager  in  Gulf Shores, AL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Gulf Shores, AL

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company allows you to grow, learn and think as an individual, as they embrace your ideas on what is best for your property.

Cons

The residents can be tough on you:)!

Keep up the awesome work, you have wonderful employees and I would return to this company any time.

Like Highschool , but worse.

Former Employee - Traveling Leasing and Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Traveling Leasing and Marketing Consultant

I worked at Aspen Square Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are young you get to travel, and have nice dinners and drinks.

Cons

You must get into the right "clique" or prepare to sink, gradually, but a bad initial decent. Most of the nationals were great , however if you happen to be under a micro managing/caddy district manager, Who is intimated by your ideas or steals them claiming them for their own, do your self a favor and get going quickly. Also you must be comfortable with your coworkers and higher ups getting very drunk and sometimes rude and innappropriate, much like going to a college party. The pay is most certainly not worth the travel unless you have a trust fund, rich parents, or a very careless significant other. All properties also run differently, there is no "Aspen" way, and if need be you will be thrown under the bus. You are a number, even if the head of operations and management says you are going to be a partener.

You will continue to lose all of your good hard working employees if you continue to allow people to progress and move up because they provide you with gossip , true or mostly false. Promote people how you claim, "from within". Remember you hired your employees because they graduated Highschool and college, if you want gossip and drinking, go back to school yourselves. Nice dinner and drinks are not mandatory to attend and they do not pay the bills.

Traveling Leasing Agent
    Panama City, Florida

Current Employee - Traveling Leasing Consultant  in  Panama City, FL
    Current Employee - Traveling Leasing Consultant in Panama City, FL

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can honestly say that I truly love my position with Aspen. There is never a boring moment. No matter which property I'm on....I continue to feel inspired & appreciated. I love the challenge of going to new places & diving into new things! They listen to your ideas & reward you for reaching your goals. I've never been so happy to be part of a team like this! I hope to continue to grow & advance with this company.

Cons

None! As a traveler ...Always on the go...They do what they can to make sure that you have life/work balance.

Just a big thank you to my DM and the property managers. No matter how busy your schedules are...You always take the time to listen & help when it's needed.

Great training and development

Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Consultant  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am very impressed by the level of care coming from the District and National managers in terms of employee training and development. For such a large company it is amazing how much Aspen cares about each employee.

Cons

I don't have any at this time. This is a great company!

Aspen is really cares about their employees and their family.

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Lady Lake, FL
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Lady Lake, FL

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Aspen Square is a great place to work! Everyone that I have met that works for Aspen is caring: genuine, kind, motivated, and perhaps most wonderful people I have ever met, at a district and national level. They really care about their employees and their families. I am proud to say that I work for Aspen Square management.

Cons

I have worked for aspen for about 6 months and I have yet to find anything I didn't like about the company.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Best company I have ever worked with.

Current Employee - District Foreman  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - District Foreman in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Aspen Square Management full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great Pay and benefits, positive work environment with great support, plenty of career growth opportunities, family oriented, Aspen values their employees and listens to their needs, wonderful on site training provided, everyone is so pleasant to work with.

Cons

No cons at this time because Aspen is always looking for new ways to improve and better the company.

Management is always supportive and available.

Aspen Square Management Photos

Worked for Aspen Square Management? Contribute to the Community!