Aspen Valley Hospital

Updated August 1, 2014
Updated August 1, 2014

3.8

Dan Bonk

What a nice place to work.

Current Employee - Marketing/Event Coordinator  in  Aspen, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing/Event Coordinator in Aspen, CO

Pros

There is something great about working with like minded care giving professionals. AVH is full of people who truly are interested in giving excellent care to this community.
    This hospital is full of healthy people too. That is an increduble bonus. The lifestyle in Aspen is embodied by the staff and employee wellness program here. A caring staff that live the healthy life are truly able to be examples to the community about how to live an healthy life.
    This hosital is just full of great people. Great people doing amazing things. Great people who really like where they work and what they do.
    The pay is very competitive, the environment is astounding but it is the common goal of healthy living that makes this place so great.

Cons

I personally had a lot of catching up to do. I came from the Food and Beverage world in to the marketing world of health care, so I had to learn a new base line of vocabulary, purpose and intention.
    AVH has been ghreat about bringing me into an environment of excellent care giving.

Lets make a big change. Lates not be afraid to make bold changes in this crazy changing world of health care. Lets tryly make Aspen a leader in the world of better living!

Overall good experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aspen, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Pros

They really care about the happiness of their employees. Benefits are great, employees are great. Everyone seems to care about their own health, not just that of our patients.

Cons

One person in particular is insane and will try to destroy your career there if she simply feels like it based on her mood. I would hear about politics from other people, but I never got involved.

All management should have an open door policy.

LOVE this place!!

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Aspen, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative in Aspen, CO

Pros

Employee retention and morale are both the highest of anywhere I have ever worked. Management is very honest, fair, and offers a great work/life balance to employees. Benefits, including PTO, are incredible. I definitely understand why this place is so sough after as a place to work. If you enjoy your career in healthcare, I can't think of a better place to work. Definitely enjoy having the mountains right out the door so I can utilize lunch time hiking/biking.

Cons

The only people who don't tend to last too long around here are people with negative attitudes or those who really don't enjoy what they do for work. My observation is they simply don't seem to fit in with the general culture and tend to blames others for their shortcomings rather than be accepting of the companies offer to help them improve upon their professional skill sets. However, I don't see this as a con for the hospital in anyway, as they have proven to me that they have a very proactive approach in offering each employee every tool they could possible need to be successful and even grow professionally.

I definitely appreciate how approachable senior-level management is.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has been amazing fun and I feel like I belong here, it doesn't really feel like work.

Current Employee - Admissions  in  Aspen, CO
    Current Employee - Admissions in Aspen, CO

Pros

I love the fact that everyone is extremely friendly and proffessional. The pay is great I could not ask for more, I love the great benefits they give you such an outstanding transportation option. Everyone is just amazing to work with. :D

Cons

There are just a couple of people that make my job a little harder every day but I always manage to ignore them and do what I am suppose to do. I can ignor them but I can't avoid them because I have to deal with them to perform my job.

My managers are greats I do not have any conplaints. Now, for the other departments there are a couple of people that need to be reminded of what there jobs are and what being proffesional really means. Just that. I believe that no one should be having any issues with another person and affecting the work enviroment.

Great people working under weak management

Pros

Live in Aspen and work with friendly, generous, sharing, industrious, and caring people

Cons

Be the fall guy or gal for weak management who can't or won't convey the concept of "no"

Have the decency to support employees who try to implement your all-important policies, even when your policies are misguided, ignorant, and/or unpopular with partners who are subjected to them. You could take responsibility for enforcing your own rules instead of sticking your underlings with the aftermath of their rejection, if you had integrity.

I sure wish I had never come to work at this hell hole.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aspen, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Pros

Great culture and nursing staff. The cafeteria has delicious and healthy food, very friendly staff in cafe. Some great discounts for ski passes and other recreational passes.

Cons

Management stale and entrenched. Not employee oriented at all. Some blatant cases of nepotism and people with way too much power who choose to twist the truth to serve their personal agendas.

Dave Ressler, You need to clean house!

Worked for Aspen Valley Hospital? Contribute to the Community!