Aspenware

Adam Roderick

Amazing People, Amazing Culture

Architect (Current Employee)
    Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

ProsAspenware hires exceptional people that value each other and the quality of their work. The flat organization completely allows for opportunities to take on newly fostered ideas. We do a lot of fun things outside of work, showing a collective appreciation for work-life balance. When we are all together, it's almost impossible not to "create awesome".

ConsIn this work, it is common for various groups of our people to be out at different customer locations for extended periods of time. For a group that loves being with each other, this is tough at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Awesome Place to Work

(Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsAspenware has a collection of incredible individuals working assiduously to create amazing outcomes for a large range of projects. It is a flexible environment where everyone is working together towards ultimate success. The energy around the office is contagious and the company is well on its path to making a large impact in the fast-paced technological world. Everyone is friendly and the relationships made in the office are long lasting.

ConsIt is a growing company so be equipped for change – although this really shouldn’t stop anyone because change is necessary for any company to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on the path you are on, Aspenware has a bright future ahead.

Another Small Technology Company To Avoid

Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

ProsYou have an opportunity to build upon your skills in a Microsoft development environment.

ConsYou are paid for a 40 hour week but are expected to work at least 60 hours per week. Basically you are donating 20 hours per week to this company with no upside career or compensation wise.

Executive management is strong technology wise but very weak management wise. Expectations are unrealistic and you will be verbally abused in front of other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee retention is poor because the company is a terrible place to work. It is not a slave ship. Employees are free to leave and many do on a recurring basis.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Scattered Upper Mangement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

ProsGood work/life balance, good holiday bonus and paid for medical benefits

ConsUpper management doesn't know which direction to take the company, no sales dept, unfocused, too many "creatives"

If your not in with management find your way out

Software Developer (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsFun environment to play in

ConsIf you don't mind working long hours for no extra pay this is the company for you. Fun doesn't pay the mortgage.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop laying people off once per year. everyone does not have to 'believe in the plan' to work at the company

One of a kind & going strong

ProsEmployees here have lots of latitude in defining the kind of place we want to be. We are protective of maintaining the innovative, independent, flexible, and fun culture that we have. We love what we do and love working with customers as partners, not just vendors.

ConsIf you're not a go-getter or comfortable working without a lot of direction, this could be a challenging place.

My favorite small consulting company!

ProsGreat blend of creative talent and technologists. Good culture.

ConsInexperienced management team growing into the job

Advice to Senior ManagementSales, utilization, retention, recruiting..

Everything back on track

ProsAspenware is a wonderful place to work. I have been given a lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth while I've been here. We're just bouncing back from a rough transition from a change in management. The current CEO has a clear and obtainable direction for the company. The work environment is informal yet professional. People can suggest ways to improve the company and they are listened to. We have a work hard/play hard mentality. Everyone who works here is experienced and extremely talented in their skillset. It's fabulous to work among great people.

ConsEveryone who works here is self-motivated and driven. There is no micro-managing, which is great, but people have to extremely disciplined and motivated to succeed at Aspenware.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've got a great team behind you. Keep doing what you're doing!

Worked for Aspenware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aspenware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aspenware CEO Adam Roderick. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Aspenware employees.