Aspirus Wausau Hospital

Updated July 29, 2014

3.2

CEO

Always Improving

Pros

I started at Aspirus as a Youth Apprentice/CNA and they hired me on as a regular employee after I completed my apprentice. They are always making improvements to the facility and units in general.

Cons

Sometimes the improvements which come in the form of construction make work a little harder then it should be.

Good place to start

Pros

Work\life balance good. Good people to work with.

Cons

Opportunity for growth minimal. raise and benefits stagnate for several years now. Some benefits even taken away over recent years. Good place to gain experience but no room to grow long term.

Allow room for advancement. adding responsibilities, longer days is not the same as professional growth. Raises have not even covered the cost of living increase for years. Wages should reflect market value.

Technical salaries are not competitive.

Former Employee - IT - Technical
    Former Employee - IT - Technical

Pros

With all the different technologies at Aspirus. There is a opportunity for vast experience to be gathered.

Cons

Technical salaries are not competitive and room for professional growth is limited.

Consider affording more opportunity for IT related positions. And adjust salaries to closer resemble the industry standards.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quality People Doing their Best for Patients

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Pros

The administration and employees genuinely care about their jobs and the patients they serve.

Cons

The size of the community may be a con (but it may be a pro)

It is a good place to work, the staff is kind and helpful.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant I  in  Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant I in Wausau, WI

Pros

The administrative staff is very friendly.

Cons

Many of the physician specicalists are arrogent and the hospital culture is not welcoming to foreign physicians. If you do not work directly with the physicians, this does not affect your position.

A lot of weight is put on having a bachelors degree and advancement without one is very difficult. Confidentiality with some managers is very poor.

Wausau hospital

Current Employee - C N A  in  Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - C N A in Wausau, WI

Pros

The benefits are superior in this area of wausau. It is also a place of high regard in this community.

Cons

The communication between r,n.'s and c.n. a.'s is sometimes very weak. Somedays the work lead is very stressful.

Remember we too are people, sometimes I feel like a machine or a mother with many children!! Customer satisfaction is number one, but staffing does sometimes make the job very complicated.

Worked for Aspirus Wausau Hospital? Contribute to the Community!