Asset Acceptance Capital Reviews

Rion B. Needs

1. Dignified Debt Collector

Former Employee - Account Representative in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Warren, MI

I worked at Asset Acceptance Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extensive training provided in a very nice office building. Employed for a total of 15 months; longer than the average. Not a career position by any stretch.

Cons

Emphasis is extremely weighted toward quantity of calls as opposed to quality to obtain revenue. Accounts with more revenue potential reserved for a different employee pool, with no explanation as to why or how to become eligible to work those accounts.

Advice to Management

The 'churn & burning' of employees leads to a caste system where mgt. is perceived to favor tenured employees & fellow mgrs. in terms of time spent together.

2. Overall good job, benefits, pay comparable to others.

Pros

Great benefits, normal work schedule, good pay, good place to make long term relationships.

Cons

The job is not for everyone, gets frustrating at times, sometimes results are not based on specific efforts.

3. Great people to work with.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Benefits, 401k matching program, lots and lots of added perks, friendly employees. Company cared about giving back to the community.

Cons

Management could of used additional training to work better on a personal level with their team.

5. I have learned so much about tax preparation and planning; it has offered an excellent opportunity to grow in my career.

Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Warren, MI

I worked at Asset Acceptance Capital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employees are a great team and work together well under tough circumstances. Adapting to the new ownership software and management has been smooth due to the flexibility of the staff.

Cons

The challenges have been enduring the loss of excellent professionals and team members due to the integration with the new parent company.

Advice to Management

I wish you would have investigated the contribution the tax department made to the organization before making the decision to eliminate the team. There was a significant value added by the strategies we implemented and maintained.

6. Not bad if you're not on the phones."

Pros

Great front-line management for non-collections based roles. Nice work-live balance. A great "place to get started".

Cons

Constant company strife. Bonuses were cut and salaries were slashed while I was there.

7. Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Collections Supervisor in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Collections Supervisor in Riverview, FL

I have been working at Asset Acceptance Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Competitive Salary, Uncapped Bonus Structure, Professional growth opportunity

Cons

Always under some sort of change.

8. Good entry level position and fun coworkers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I have been working at Asset Acceptance Capital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team members, flexible schedule with plenty of paid time off. Love the wellness campaign--my team really gets into Active for Life. In the past few years there has been an increased focus on technology/tools for SAS programming and analysis.

Cons

Communication issues--both between departments and with senior leadership. Lots of clashing personalities and drama. Turnover rates are high.

Advice to Management

Please communicate with your staff. We want you to look good, because then our entire department will look good. We can't fix problems if we don't know about them.

May have lost its vision, but overall a good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

I worked at Asset Acceptance Capital full-time

Pros

Decent benefits. Trying to be innovative in a competitive industry. Excellent vacation benefits.

Cons

Vision isn't clear, trying to do a lot of things when doing one thing well worked for a long time. Employees seem like cogs. Collections is hard, collectors need to be appreciated.

Advice to Management

Saying thank you goes a long way. Spending a little money to boost morale might help. Improve communications. Having flex time or job sharing would be a good way to increase morale.

Great place for the line of work.

Former Employee - Account Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Decent entry-level starting pay. Performance-based incentives. Great camaraderie with co-workers. Recognition for hard work. Free pizza.

Cons

Collections can be a very stressful line of work in general. The only thing that I could say that's a 'con' is that a lot of the debt purchased is charged off, which makes it very difficult to collect on. However, that is the nature of the beast.

Advice to Management

Attempt to purchase more recent debts, as opposed to ones past the statute of limitations (if possible).

RSS Feed </> Embed