Asset Marketing Services

www.amsi-corp.com

Asset Marketing Services Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Asset Marketing Services – Burnsville – “Asset Marketing Services, Inc. Building”

Dave Ring

Grueling Training and stressful demands

Account Manager (Former Employee) Burnsville, MN

Prosgreat training/trainer and good dedicated people. lots of food around

Consstressful sales quota/demands. unreasonable expectations

Advice to Senior Managementhave HR describe position in everyday work terms

Great Pay but company is loaded with favortism, nepatism & unprofessionalism.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsYou can make a lot of money on commission and spiffs most of the items you sell. The location of the facility is centrally located. Business casual work attire. Team meetings quite frequently with great home made food and pastries prepared by one of the Admin staff. Good marketing materials to help you sell, even if alot of them are just creative, made up stories by the Marketing Dept.?

ConsSales management personnel are more like bullies then managers. They have their favorite sales people and are not afraid to let everyone else know it. The favorites get the best leads, extra perks no one else gets and it is totally unfair business practices. There is also a great deal of nepatism within the company that also creates a lot of negative energy within the sales force. Also, a great deal of the items we are asked to sell are items with made up stories about specific hoards that didn't even exist until a creative Marketing individual created a story from scratch. All calls are recorded and critiqued by management so you have to use the script you are provided even though you know you are deceiving your customers by telling them a "fictional" story to sell a product.. The items sold at this company are way over priced. Knowing this, it always left me with a bad feeling at the end of every day. I felt bad for the customers for having paid such a high premium for their collectible. Everyone needs a job and a paycheck these days so you just do what you must for your family.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegarding Lead Disbursements: I would have sales people earn the great leads that are currently being given to favorites. Dangle some of these leads like carrots...something that each individual sales person can have access to, based on individual performance. Instead of giving these great leads to top performers, spread the wealth down the hill as well. If the top performers are "that good" give them some leads that are just "okay". If they are that good at sales...they can turn that dog lead into a AKC caliber customer. Give everyone a chance. Also, creating a more positive, cohesive work environment through positve reinforcement, training etc., instead of the demeaning and demoralizing tactics that are currently used. You get a lot more out of people when you offer them Honey as opposed to bitters. Basically, utilize fair business practices equally and fairly to all employees on the sales team!

Bad product. Duping old people. Okay pay.

Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsDecent co-workers, decent pay (for the job)

ConsOld people call in to buy something and you have to sell a membership and warranty for their horrible products. The old people like talking with you, so they buy this stuff and you make commission. It's brutal, but you have to "herd them" (an actual term they use) into doing what you want and putting it on their credit card.

The product is hilariously bad. I mean, sure, the people like it, so that's okay. I can't fault a company for selling to consenting adults, but these old folks are BARELY consenting.

Oh, and a major thing, they dangle hiring you on full-time (benefits, a bit more pay). It's probably not going to happen. Just know that moving forward.

Hours suck unless your a top performer. Being a top performer = really good at pushing old people to make decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate your life and determine if this is how you want to make money.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsThere was potential to make lots of money....good benefits

ConsBut the politics were overwhelming...existing salespeople resented anyone coming in and doing well.... so as successful as I was, it was always a game to be treated fairly and get anything to call/leads... It was really stunning... the company could make so much more money if they knocked off all the favoritism and nepotism... I saw incompetent salespeople loaded up with leads In an attempt to make them successful and I was very successful and couldn't get anything to call....my manager was a macho man that played lots of games on me...I'm a woman and he didn't like to hire women so.... The product is grossly over-priced... anyone could go anywhere else it get most of what we sold for half the price... Also its a revolving door... constantly hiring and firing people and unlike what they told me when I started - you get bad leads and have to prove yourself to get the good ones..by the time I left the new hires were getting the hottest leads and I was getting chickenfeed...

Advice to Senior ManagementDevise a fair distribution of leads....most people felt it was unfair and were demoralized by how some people were treated like royalty because the sales trainer thought they had potential... unfortunately he rarely felt any of the women had "potential"...

Micro management at its finest

Account Manager (Former Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsThey used to have very cool and unique products when Nick owned the company. Good pay and cash spiffs

ConsMy manager never sold our products or anything close to what we sold so he couldn't relate to the challenges of the position. Marketing positions products as great investments and we had to sell them "not as an investment but for the pleasure they bring to the owner."

Some products were potentially created based upon a story someone once may have told someone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because you make up a product doesn't make it unique. If you want to have more top sales people, give EVERYONE the same opportunities. Your top people have gotten fat and lazy...having one person make $450K and someone in the exact same position make $65K doesnt make sense.

Very challenging but very rewarding.

Account Manager (Former Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsEarn great money while you are building your base.

ConsIt takes a lot of phone calls to get someone to listen to the story.

Great culture, growth orientated company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsThe people I work with make me want to come to work and work hard. We have halloween and xmas party every year and a company picnic in the summer which is great seeing that we have nearly 500 people now.

Asset Marketing continues to grow every year when others are still performing layoffs. The products we sell are fun, interesting, and we always have new products that are introduced so that helps to keep things fresh.

ConsIt is a fast paced environment so be prepared to roll up your sleeves!

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain a high level of communication and keep employees engaged.

Great company with lots of growing potential.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsThis company has a lot of potential for growth and I have learned many valuable lessons in the short time I have been employed. I look forward to coming into work each and every day and excited to see what the future will bring.

ConsThe culture is very upbeat and fast paced; great for me, but something to keep in mind for someone new to the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management has been great; always there to provide expert feedback and guidance. Upper management also has been very motivating and supportive of new ideas.

Dedicated service, quickly terminated.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Burnsville, MN

Prosnear the highway and a mall.

ConsUnfair earning opportunities, management seems un-knowledgable, they filter all good leads to the top representatives, as in they literally transfer good customers to top reps. No earning potential in summer. Top reps will make 60k plus, others make less than 30k (that is if they do not send you home 2 hours into your shift). Overall would just look for a bigger more stable company.

you also get treated like a child. Timed 15 minute breaks, and THEY WILL say something if you are 1 minute late (even though there are no sales to be had)

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less emotional and more accountable.

Started great but then went down hill quickly

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Burnsville, MN

ProsGreat environment among sales people. Everyone on each team was willing to help. Becasue of the size, they really had access to some great product. When the company was owned by Nick Bruyer, it was well respected

ConsZero communication between marketing and sales. Marketing material routinely had spelling errors or misrepresentations. Learned that many of the products were made-up by upper management. Promotions seemed to be made based upon whether or not you were a "company" player. Only 1 of the 5 sales managers has ever sold the product that we sold, in the manner in which we sold it.

Worked for Asset Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!