Asset Marketing Services

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
2.6

Dave Ring

Make a lot of money, but sometimes feel kind of grimly.

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Asset Marketing Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The initial training,, which is two week, is world class. Leads are in abundance. This is a position that if you can make a lot of money quickly. It is not unheard of to make $100k-$200k in your first year. That is the exception. An average is $80-$100k for a good sales person.

Cons

Management, product development, marketing, and any operations based employee seems mostly to have an use against them mentality. There is a resentment in the air due to the extremely vast pay difference. The gold and silver coins are grossly overpriced in comparison to the competition. .

Be honest to the sales people and realize that while the rewards are great the stress is incredibly high.

Good Opportunity / Growing Organization

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing organization with lots of upsides and a high earning potential

Cons

Minimal experience outside of your role in the sales department -- other departments allow more flexibility.

Continue doing what you're doing -- things are going well!

New Management is going to be the downfall of this company

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services

Pros

there are no pros to working here at this time.

Cons

They don't care about current employees. They are driving away the great ones, and only keeping the ones who can't even pull their own weight.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Grueling Training and stressful demands

I worked at Asset Marketing Services full-time

Pros

great training/trainer and good dedicated people. lots of food around

Cons

stressful sales quota/demands. unreasonable expectations

have HR describe position in everyday work terms

Great Pay but company is loaded with favortism, nepatism & unprofessionalism.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can make a lot of money on commission and spiffs most of the items you sell. The location of the facility is centrally located. Business casual work attire. Team meetings quite frequently with great home made food and pastries prepared by one of the Admin staff. Good marketing materials to help you sell, even if alot of them are just creative, made up stories by the Marketing Dept.?

Cons

Sales management personnel are more like bullies then managers. They have their favorite sales people and are not afraid to let everyone else know it. The favorites get the best leads, extra perks no one else gets and it is totally unfair business practices. There is also a great deal of nepatism within the company that also creates a lot of negative energy within the sales force. Also, a great deal of the items we are asked to sell are items with made up stories about specific hoards that didn't even exist until a creative Marketing individual created a story from scratch. All calls are recorded and critiqued by management so you have to use the script you are provided even though you know you are deceiving your customers by telling them a "fictional" story to sell a product.. The items sold at this company are way over priced. Knowing this, it always left me with a bad feeling at the end of every day. I felt bad for the customers for having paid such a high premium for their collectible. Everyone needs a job and a paycheck these days so you just do what you must for your family.

Regarding Lead Disbursements: I would have sales people earn the great leads that are currently being given to favorites. Dangle some of these leads like carrots...something that each individual sales person can have access to, based on individual performance. Instead of giving these great leads to top performers, spread the wealth down the hill as well. If the top performers are "that good" give them some leads that are just "okay". If they are that good at sales...they can turn that dog lead into a AKC caliber customer. Give everyone a chance. Also, creating a more positive, cohesive work environment through positve reinforcement, training etc., instead of the demeaning and demoralizing tactics that are currently used. You get a lot more out of people when you offer them Honey as opposed to bitters. Basically, utilize fair business practices equally and fairly to all employees on the sales team!

A good year and a half gone.

Current Employee - Outbound Sales  in  Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Asset Marketing Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits if you make it that long (top notch medical, dental and eye care) and the PTO is good. Some of the coins are impressive.

Cons

The place is a dump, very clique like, overpriced gold and silver that they push on the elderly with high pressure. Think of your inheritance going down the drain.

They don't listen anyway so don't waste your time

Bad product. Duping old people. Okay pay.

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative  in  Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Burnsville, MN

I worked at Asset Marketing Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Decent co-workers, decent pay (for the job)

Cons

Old people call in to buy something and you have to sell a membership and warranty for their horrible products. The old people like talking with you, so they buy this stuff and you make commission. It's brutal, but you have to "herd them" (an actual term they use) into doing what you want and putting it on their credit card.

The product is hilariously bad. I mean, sure, the people like it, so that's okay. I can't fault a company for selling to consenting adults, but these old folks are BARELY consenting.

Oh, and a major thing, they dangle hiring you on full-time (benefits, a bit more pay). It's probably not going to happen. Just know that moving forward.

Hours suck unless your a top performer. Being a top performer = really good at pushing old people to make decisions.

Evaluate your life and determine if this is how you want to make money.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Senior Account Representative  in  Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Account Representative in Eagan, MN

I worked at Asset Marketing Services for more than a year

Pros

There was potential to make lots of money....good benefits

Cons

But the politics were overwhelming...existing salespeople resented anyone coming in and doing well.... so as successful as I was, it was always a game to be treated fairly and get anything to call/leads... It was really stunning... the company could make so much more money if they knocked off all the favoritism and nepotism... I saw incompetent salespeople loaded up with leads In an attempt to make them successful and I was very successful and couldn't get anything to call....my manager was a macho man that played lots of games on me...I'm a woman and he didn't like to hire women so.... The product is grossly over-priced... anyone could go anywhere else it get most of what we sold for half the price... Also its a revolving door... constantly hiring and firing people and unlike what they told me when I started - you get bad leads and have to prove yourself to get the good ones..by the time I left the new hires were getting the hottest leads and I was getting chickenfeed...

Devise a fair distribution of leads....most people felt it was unfair and were demoralized by how some people were treated like royalty because the sales trainer thought they had potential... unfortunately he rarely felt any of the women had "potential"...

Micro management at its finest

I worked at Asset Marketing Services full-time

Pros

They used to have very cool and unique products when Nick owned the company. Good pay and cash spiffs

Cons

My manager never sold our products or anything close to what we sold so he couldn't relate to the challenges of the position. Marketing positions products as great investments and we had to sell them "not as an investment but for the pleasure they bring to the owner."

Some products were potentially created based upon a story someone once may have told someone else.

Just because you make up a product doesn't make it unique. If you want to have more top sales people, give EVERYONE the same opportunities. Your top people have gotten fat and lazy...having one person make $450K and someone in the exact same position make $65K doesnt make sense.

Very challenging but very rewarding.

I worked at Asset Marketing Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Earn great money while you are building your base.

Cons

It takes a lot of phone calls to get someone to listen to the story.

Worked for Asset Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!