Assisted

4.0

CEO

Per Diem/Part-time LVN position

Current Employee - LVN

I have been working at Assisted part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling: Ability to choose your own schedule.
    Paid weekly as long as Nurse Notes are turned in on time.
    Friendly office staff, staffers & RN supervisors.

Cons

No paid vacation.
    Set salary/hourly wage regardless of experience
    No vacation pay
    No sick pay

Began with a very low salary, no increase after a year of work. You get a 32hours of pay check every 6 months bonus.

Current Employee - Vocational Nurse in West Covina, CA
    Current Employee - Vocational Nurse in West Covina, CA

I have been working at Assisted

Pros

Easy to get time off if you request it a few weeks in advance.
    If you're a new grad... you can at least get some work experience with this company.

Cons

No room for advancement. No salary increase. Hours not guaranteed... if your patient is away or in the hospital... and they can't find an assignment for you... you don't get paid. The salary paid a new grad LVN while in training is $ 10.00 per hour!

If there will be no advancement... at least pay people better to give them a reason to stay with the company. Why have you company just be a stepping stone?

Assisted Response

Dec 30, 2013Recruiter

We appreciate all that our LVN's and Caregivers do for us and our patients. We would love nothing more than reward our staff with higher pay but with recent Medi-Cal program cuts we just aren't able ... More

Residence Director

Current Employee - Residence Director
    Current Employee - Residence Director

I have been working at Assisted full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a Director, I enjoy seeing the staff working harmoniously together for the good of the residents. Work-life is best for the house when regional is out of the building.

Cons

Regional and corporate staffing to top heavy. Constant turn over in uppermanagement, it seems like every season they have a new system in place, until it fails. The company does not respect its employees, nor do they reward them. It seems to always be about what we didn't do to fill their expectations, and nothing about all the good we've accomplished. ALC has chosen to have each member of the trifecta team have this POWER to rule everything. I see this as a disaster waiting to happen, because the sales and nursing overstep their boundaries, due to the lack of understanding of the the entire picture, and try to lord over the direction of the house, which in turns causes strife between them and the Director.

Reward your Directors, and show them respect for their hardwork and dedication. Have the sales and nursing be required to answer to the Director, not the Director answering to them.

Assisted Response

Dec 30, 2013Recruiter

This person posted their comments under the wrong company. We are Assisted Healthcare Services not ALC Assisted Living Concepts.

Employer Response

I have been working at Assisted

Pros

Thank you to the individual that posted the review on May 2, 2011. They made some very valid points. Assisted does provide our employees an opportunity to gain experience and in some cases a additional training. As such our salaries may not reflect what other companies may offer a fully skilled person.

Assisted is an agency based business. Like any service business, some weeks have more work than others. That is why we cannot guaranatee work.

Lastly, being an agency is different than a hospital or skilled nursing facility. Our positions are exclusively based on the needs of the accounts that we accept. If 75% of our business is for health care aids than that is what we hire. There is no need for advancement if the job and business never change. Additionally, medicare/medicaid is very specific about what they reimburse for either per hour or per visit. As this hasn't changed for several years our pay rate per hour/visit has remained the same.

We have a large number of employees that have been with us more than 10 years. While this person talked about some real issues we don't think they fully understood the nature of the business and how an agency works. We thank them for the input as feedback is always important.

Cons

We are limited by what the State and Federal Governments will provide.

Best Home Health Agency in Town

Current Employee - LVN

I have been working at Assisted full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Friendly office
    2. Work is always available
    3. Supervisors handle complaints appropriately and timely
    4. Weekly pay checks
    5. Six month bonuses
    6. I received my ventalator certification through Assisted
    7. Assisted offers CEUs

I've worked with two other agencies in town and they were unprofessional and only cared about their profits. Assisted has always supported me and patient care is number one. Assisted is the only way to go.

Cons

1. Health insurance is expensive

Home Healthcare West covina

Current Employee - Vocational Nurse
    Current Employee - Vocational Nurse

I have been working at Assisted full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very flexible company , will to work with other work schedules.
    Great benifits!!!!!
     Bonus pay every 6 months
    Will take new nurses
    They pay weekly ( every Friday)

Cons

Wish they had a Branch in San Bernadino

Keep up the good work!!