Associa Reviews

Updated April 21, 2015
71 reviews filtered by
2.7
John J. Carona

Pros
  • ASI has a good benefits package (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management is so clueless you can disappear for an afternoon and they won't even know your gone (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There isn't work-life balance in the corporate location (in 4 reviews)

• Lots of downsizing and upper management takes credit for all of your hard work (in 3 reviews)

1. Accounts Payable Scanning Specialist

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Associa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great business environment and values.

Cons

Not being consistent is a pet peeve.

Advice to Management

Great job to discover future goals and expectations.

2. Working with the most experienced and professional leaders committed to enhancing life in community associations!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Associa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent personal growth potential, supportive and innovative leadership team, compensation and work life balance, challenging and engaging workload, family spirited and client service oriented.

Cons

Innovative change take time and patience but the results have been fantastic

Advice to Management

Stay the course and continue to the leader in the industry!

Entrepreneurial environment with family values.

Current Employee - Change Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Change Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Associa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large company but lacks the cut-throat competitiveness that you'd find elsewhere.

Cons

Growth through acquisition causing some inefficiencies - but Associa is actively pursuing quality in these areas.

5. eh

I worked at Associa full-time

Pros

Worked at the Honolulu office. I loved my co-workers. Pay was great.

Cons

Corporate could care less about their employees, it was all about the financial bottom line, which is totally fine? But happy employees make a work place run alot smoother.

6. Working at PCM Laguna Woods

I have been working at Associa

Pros

Friendly Environment
    Great work life balance
    Excellent Co-Workers

Cons

Salary
    Changing Climate
    Could be slow work

It was okay. Not challenging enough.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Associa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was paid what I was worth. Great team of people to work with and very supportive.

Cons

Too many changes in management staff. Property management is really boring. The work is too easy, never felt challenged.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing company values on staff when you know they don't mean anything. Just be a good company and treat employees with respect because that is key to earning "best company to work for"

Lots of focus on employee morale

I have been working at Associa full-time

Pros

Associa is a good company because the leaders make a real point to create an atmosphere that employees enjoy. There are always events going on that boost employee morale (birthday celebrations, anniversary celebrations, etc.) and always opportunities for employees to get involved in things like charity and the company will support causes that are important to employees. Other things: lots of room for growth and many people have been around for a while and it's a good, stable industry.

Cons

There really aren't any remarkable cons to list, except maybe if you want to float under the radar, this isn't the place for you. There really is never a dull moment, but people who aren't used to a fast-paced environment may not do well here.

Advice to Management

Advice to management is to keep it up. The fact that employee morale is one of the company's core values is always a good sign and as long as that's the case, I believe the company will remain successful.

9. Associa is a company of change

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Associa full-time

Pros

Associa is working on some big goals and it is exciting to see them come to life. It creates a very fast paced environment where you can make a difference quickly.

Cons

Because of all of our goals and change, you have to be flexible and adaptable to work in this environment. You also have to be patient. We don't have all of the pieces in place today toward our ultimate vision but with time we will get there.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the big goals and don't get distracted by shiny objects!

10. I love working at Associa!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Associa

Pros

They talk a lot about family and it really feels that way when i am in the office. Even though there is a hierarchy of who is in charge everyone feels like they are equal. There are lots of opportunities to shine and it will be noticed.

Cons

Clients can be picky at times and are frustrating to deal at times, but regardless we always find common ground and get our goals accomplished. Management is going through a transition and things are a bit hectic but there is light at the end of the tunnel and the direction they are heading is right in line with some of the bigger companies in the U.S.

Advice to Management

Look to the bigger companies (both external practices for customers and internal practices for employees) and find out what makes them successful then apply that to Associa. Survey people about what they most enjoyed about their previous jobs or companies they worked for/with

Marketing and Communication Glassdoor writing campaign

I worked at Associa

Pros

being owned by a senator (now former) meant a lot of favorable laws got pushed through to make the government support our company

Cons

I'm only popping up here because I did work there and it was terrible and there's clearly been a letter writing campaign for positive reviews on glassdoor. All the negative reviews are specific, all the positive reviews are clearly written by the same marketing person, generalized and within a few days of each other. No one gives a company 5 stars for "trying hard". So, here's the scoop, if you can get hired in IT, you're fine because the managers are supportive and the rest of the company is scared of what they don't understand. If you get hired in marketing, make sure you realize who has political influence and know how to be political with them. Operations goes through people faster than a sneeze. Project management is highly visible with pretty large egos and relatvely little influence. HR is an oversized department with seemingly little influence other than hiring, firing and talking to each other. Sales isn't given any tools to do their jobs effectively or track their leads. Avoid any management position.

Advice to Management

Stop being blinded by pretty words and look for actual acheivements.