Associa

Add Photos

John J. Carona

Concierge

Concierge (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsMeet alot of intersting people, compensation, bonuses

Cons-Management does not always listen
    -Management does not always have back with diffcult residents
    -Some homeowners think that they are you boss
    -No movement to grow within a building, managment does not help with trying to advance w/in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to concierge more ofter. We have a better idea of what is going on in the buildings...

Overall very positive

ProsThe offsite office I worked in was great. Management was excellent and there was a very strong cohesiveness among the employees. Lots of on the job training, great environment, lots of networking opportunities.

ConsMany day to day tasks have to be done through the corporate offices. That being the case, everything takes a very, very long time to accomplish. There is a lot of repetition of tasks. Want to be reimbursed for something the business needed that you had to pay for out of your own pocket? Could take (and has taken) nearly a month when you shouldn't have had to pay for it in the first place. Want to hire a high school kid to work at the snack bar for the summer? Hope you've got 5 weeks to spare for that process. Dealing with Board members can be tricky, and there is no overtime or comp time and working late night meetings can be brutal. Also, you had better hope your starting salary was comfortable for you in the long run, because no matter how long you're employed don't expect a real raise or a bonus. 3% has become the national average, 1% is the average at CMC, and there are no bonuses allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline some processes so it doesn't take offsite associations weeks to accomplish a small task.

Still watching to see what they will do.

ProsAt my location it is the benefits

ConsOversight management (non-Associa) is extremley difficult. Existing managers have little experience outside my locaiton.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in new managers from outside for more broad range approach to community

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work flexibility but not matured processes

Software Developer II (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGrowth prospects, flexibility in hours,

ConsChaos that comes with the growth, benefits are ok not great

This is the best company I have ever worked for.

IT Administrator (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWe use the latest technology. We have access to every tool that we need. This company really appreciates it's employees.

ConsNothing I can think of at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

ASSOCIATIONS INSURANCE AGENCY INC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was the only reason to keep me there.

ConsYou will need to watch your back at this company, the managers have little spies out to watch what you say or do and they will have them look into your computer. NO room for growth and or advancement. Terrible company to work for. If the recruiter calls you for an interview RUN the other way.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers needs to be micro-managed.

Wild Ride

Community Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAssocia has a great family environment and has a lot of flexibility. They do treat their employees well with some great benefits

ConsThe late night meetings are sometimes hard to deal with especially if it is a difficult one...as with any other job you will feel the pay does not match the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn a great path, continue this direction and great things will happen for this company! Only thing I would suggest is be more competitive with the pay, it seems we are below that compared to other companies.

Busy

Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

Pros1. On the job training, so you gain a lot of knowledge through Associa University
    2. Lots of events where you are able to network and meet vendors and other management companies

Cons1. Lots of late night meetings and salary employees don't receive comp time.
    2. Have to deal with Board Members without Management backing
    3. Mangement takes credit for your ideas and hard work

Advice to Senior ManagementDo things to encourage and motivate your employees and maybe they will stay a while.

No career here RUN from the recruiter!

Accounts Payble (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsNew facilities, centrally located near transit.

ConsToo many "UN"'s to list i.e. unstructured, unprofessional, unorganized, no understanding of how to manage employees, no room for growth or development of staff to strengthen the organization. Anyone who strives to have a career will not develop a career with this company whom blames their growing pains on being an "infant company" they need to instill some tough love in this company and GROW UP! Depending on the mood of the management you are not certain if you are welcome in this environment on a day to day basis. Unstable with a very high turnover rate, the hire and fire process is based on personal bias rather than professional decision. The management is unaware of how to determine HR procedures and unclear how to apply employee benefits making constant adjustments to employee time affecting their pay. The common normal for business ventures is the "informal process" so the handbook-joke and anything that is post online as procedure and policy- bigger joke! I wonder if the Senator knows what kind of business is truly conducted at this place that people are so disgusted they walk out before the work day is over!

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain managers on different management styles, empathy, and developmental skills. This company needs to invest in more than marketing and hiring just to fill a spot. Business is not built to last if they are run on exceptions and informality. Devise a standard business practice not just a catchy company credo.

Experience has been ok over the past 10 years.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood coworkers. Room for advancement (if you're in with the right people)

ConsNo work life balance. Upper management is not always aware of what is happening with employees. Employee morale is SO low. Achieving the Vision 2020 goals is not doable with the way the company is run currently.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote work life balance. Don't put managers in place if they are not prepared to lead. Help out with employee morale. It's got to come from the top. If there is not buy in from the top, it doesn't matter.

Worked for Associa? Contribute to the Community!