Associated Estates Realty

Jeffrey I. Friedman

1. Fantastic!

Current Employee - Career Development Instructor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Career Development Instructor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Associated Estates Realty full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for advancement in any given field. If you work hard, this company will reward you for your efforts.

Cons

Sometimes the home life balance can be a little difficult, but that comes with the particular field. The job requires many of us in the field to work weekends and that can be tough on a family.

Advice to Management

None.

2. Amazing Company

Current Employee - Property Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Associated Estates Realty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the quality, professionalism and standards this company stands for. The entire corporate staff is always available when needed. I love working for AEC.

Cons

I wish they had more career opportunities in Orlando

Wonderful work environment!

I have been working at Associated Estates Realty full-time

Pros

Great compensation and benefits. Excellent properties

Cons

It is a sales position, so if someone comes in at 1 min. till close you suit their needs. (not really a horrible thing)

Advice to Management

Make sure you're training your consultants. And while social media is great, Twitter Facebook and especially Pintrest and not effective means of advertising.

5. Great Company to work for

I have been working at Associated Estates Realty full-time

Pros

Great pay relative to other Property Management companies Great company culture Wonderful people - love my co-workers Upper management knows what they are doing - the company is very successful and headed in a great direction

Cons

Smaller company - not as much room for advancement Can be "clique-y" - If you don't fit in, you are often overlooked Benefits (insurance, etc.) aren't the best

I have enjoyed MANY MANY years working for Associated Estates!

Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Associated Estates Realty full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have found this to be an excellent company and have grown from leasing, to assistant Property manager and then to Property Manager. The benefits are good, the opportunities to make additional income based on performance are great, the training is very good and I love that they are keeping up with the trends and current technology. Often, employees are given extra recognition and are often rewarded when they have done something above/beyond expectations. The company puts money into the properties every year and I completely agree with the direction in which the company is expanding - selling and buying. I feel Associated Estates has very knowledgeable and talented employees that keep this company moving in the right direction.

Cons

Performance is always very challenging every year. The expectations are set very high but not out of reach with hard work. They do expect every employee to be willing to contribute to the success by often doing things that may be considered outside of your own job description, but that is what team work is and the entire staff is rewarded when goals are met. I have seen many different managers over the years, some better than others. Some managers do make threats and lay blame when goals are not met, but there are the good ones too that help find the solutions or will give support when unexpected circumstances cause low performance and help keep everyone motivated for success.

Advice to Management

Make sure to focus on rewarding and keeping the talent that you have because it is a great loss to many when those good ones leave. Also, recruiting new employees when positions are open needs more support and active looking and maybe better pay for the skills desired. The property, like any office, suffers when they are under-staffed.

Overall Great Company

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager

I have been working at Associated Estates Realty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance (very little overtime), no weekends (at my property), good vacation/sick/personal time off, closed on major holidays, friendly work environment, participate in charities, some performance based bonuses

Cons

Health care is very expensive, tight budgets make it difficult to obtain bonuses

Advice to Management

more affordable health care, more realistic budgets set

8. Assistant Property Manager

I worked at Associated Estates Realty

Pros

The company invests in training and development.

Cons

There aren't many properties in Indianapolis so if you're looking to advance the options are limited.

9. Sorry it all had to end

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond Heights, OH

I have been working at Associated Estates Realty full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company before sale. Casual work environment but yet professional. Very good training ground for new staff, lots to learn and take with you to your next job.

Cons

Company being sold, low moral no matter what they try. End dates keep changing make job search frustrating. So sad

Advice to Management

Should be more forth coming with changes. Should have listen to the street. Hiring family was a mistake one that costs jobs.

Just another job, not a place for a career...

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Richmond, VA

I worked at Associated Estates Realty

Pros

If you do not like to make descisons or have to use your thinking ablilities this is the company for you. Every piece of marketing materials is pre made of you so you never have to be creative.

Cons

Lower pay scale, and slow advancement. They are always doing some kind of audit. Have no ability to use your own creativity.

Advice to Management

None at this time

Just fair

I have been working at Associated Estates Realty

Pros

Good bonus structure compared to other property management companies, if you can reach

Cons

Property Managers are replaced frequently. Renewal prices raise so much that residents constantly move out because they have no other option. Hard to even get a new lease with prices so high compared to other near by communities, almost unrealistic. Property managers look out only for themselves and make you deal with resident issues when it's not your duty.

Advice to Management

Don't raise renewal rent so much it's unrealistic in this economy for anyone being able to pay

RSS Feed </> Embed