Associated Regional and University Pathologists

Associated Regional and University Pathologists Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Associated Regional and University Pathologists President and CEO Edward R. Ashwood

Edward R. Ashwood

An excellent company with great culture

Medical Technologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Associated Regional and University Pathologists full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThey value employees and demonstrate a just culture.

ConsSome growth pains, especially with the economy. They are always trying to do more with less.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put faith in false efficiency. Shifting work from one department to another is not efficiency. Let the testing staff focus on testing and get the support areas to do more to support them.

Awesome place for learning, bad place for being treated like a human being.

Medical Technologist (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Associated Regional and University Pathologists full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat pay, benefits, and learning opportunities.

ConsManagement is horrible and I did not get treated like a human being. As a 7 on/off employee I regularly worked 97 hours when I should have only being working 70. The testing schedule had not been changed in 6 years and the TAT had not been adjusted for the HUGE increase in sample volume. Supervisors are recruited from within, but are not trained to manage people, just samples. HR is for the company now, not for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't promote people just because they are good MTs. Being a good employee does not mean that a person is capable of leading a department. Bring in some leadership training and all will be fine.

Good team to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI liked the people I worked with and the work that I did.

ConsManagement in my specific group was sporadic at best.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great exepericenc

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI really enjoyed my time at ARUP. I learned alot and felt great support from the management. I would recommend this company to anyone.

ConsTo be honest there were not very many cons. I would say that in some jobs they were a little too rigid.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what you are doing

Big Machine, Doesn't Care for its people, everyone looking for another place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Associated Regional and University Pathologists full-time for more than 10 years

ProsManagement is clueless, run by academics, demands are low
Good Bennies

ConsHR has been flushing good employees for the last couple of years
Losing their competitive edge
Not likely to be viable much longer
History of holding people back, opportunities for advancement are very limited to non-existent

Advice to Senior ManagementStep aside for people who are willing to lead the business
The day of the mom and pop lab has come and gone
Your Sales and Marketing teams will finish off the company - loaded to the gills with incompetence. Time to clean house from the top down.

I my chosen career path was laboratory work and diagnostics I would stay here forever.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Associated Regional and University Pathologists

ProsGreat benefits, schedule flexibility, education incentives

ConsPeople stay in their positions so moving up in the company is difficult

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Labs are great. Run, don't walk, from jobs in business areas (Marketing, IT, Sales, HR).

Salt Lake City, UT

ProsOnsite wellness center. Onsite health clinic (good luck getting an appointment). Onsite cafeteria.

ConsHome grown executive leadership that lack the skills to take ARUP to the next level.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to get new executive leadership.

Employment as a technician

Technician I (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Associated Regional and University Pathologists part-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits if you work full time.

ConsBenefits aren't great if you work part time. Hours are strange for some departments

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more parking

Great place to work

Lab Tech- Infectious Disease (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Associated Regional and University Pathologists full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits like awesome health and dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement. I had awesome coworkers and a flexible schedule. My boss was very willing to work with my school every semester.

ConsParking was hard to find if you came for the swing shift. The cafeteria wasn't very good either and there was never any room in the fridges for a lunch box.

Excellent Company

Manager (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI feel like this company does an excellent job focusing on quality. It enables people at all levels to feel like they can and are part of making things continually better. It does a fair job of balancing the needs of the business and people.

ConsI feel like there are times when the company is hung up on trying to make all departments fit the same mold. This creates waste and inflexibility in different groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think ARUP has done a better job in the last few years of taking care of problems with people and processes. Keep focusing on making the team stronger and dealing with issues.

Worked for Associated Regional and University Pathologists? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Associated Regional and University Pathologists reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Associated Regional and University Pathologists CEO Edward R. Ashwood. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Associated Regional and University Pathologists employees.