AssurX Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.9
Eric June

1. Excellent company to work for. High level employees. Low turnover.

I have been working at AssurX

Pros

Opportunity to work with some of the best people in my career. Customers are also exceptionally happy as the company bends over backwards to make them happy.

Cons

Quickly growing company needs additional human resources to keep up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

An awesome work experience

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AssurX full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to work from home on the some of the latest technologies, such as .NET, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2012, Web Services, etc.. AssurX has clients that are the top in their respective industries, and many of our projects are both challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Many of our employees work in different states, so getting face time can be difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue on your current path, which is to upgrade the core code of CATSWeb to .NET 4 and above.

AssurX is a great company that is team oriented, focused on their customers, and developing an excellent product.

Current Employee - Energy and Utility Consulting Services in Morgan Hill, CA
    Current Employee - Energy and Utility Consulting Services in Morgan Hill, CA

I have been working at AssurX

Pros

Strong and experienced Senior Management leadership team. The company has an enterprise-wide solution that can be applied and used in a variety of businesses for corporate governance, risk-management, compliance, asset management, quality assurance, and document management. The company listens to customer feedback to enhance software solution and to share best practices. All company employees work as a team always willing to support each other.

Cons

Little cons for this company. Need to continue to grow in name recognition and let industries know that they have the best compliance, corporate governance, and quality assurance software available for customers.

Advice to Management

Continue with their long-term strategic initiatives, working with their customers and holding user groups to enhance work processes, and developing the best talent in software development, sales, and consulting services.

A good small software company

Former Employee - Sales Solutions Engineer in Morgan Hill, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Solutions Engineer in Morgan Hill, CA

I worked at AssurX

Pros

Small and nimble in certain areas Open dialogue and very accessible management Flexible work environment Good work life balance

Cons

Product strategy not well discussed with appropriate groups Sales are ket too much in the dark No ladder to climb

Advice to Management

Have more brain storming all hands sessions quarterly Recognize the 'real' winners Let go of the title when it is time and seek capable resources Do more channel partnerships Let go of strict adherence to contracts and legalese

6. A very good company to work for

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at AssurX full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with an enormously talented group of people who are willing to share their time, experience and knowledge. Everyone brings something unique to the collective table of skills and we all work collaboratively to ensure that every customers needs are met. Management is committed to using each unique skill-set to help each employee grow and assist in their professional development. A management team who is genuinely concerned with both employees and the satisfaction of our customers. Since both are critical to any company's success, employee satisfaction then translates to customer satisfaction. There is virtually no turnover. An explicit, detailed internal quality process allowing issue resolution (both internal and from customers) allowing us to ensure that our products and procedures meet and exceed customer needs and employee growth. This helps ensure that everyone within the company knows what is expected of them and to develop their talent to be able to meet those expectations. This also ensures that customer audits of our company meet their requirements. All of which ensures stability in both company viability and stability. Open communication allows us to directly approach any necessary internal resource, no matter the level of that individual in the corporate hierarchy. Incredible commitment to work-life balance.

Cons

As with any small company, upward mobility is somewhat limited, as there are only so many options. Sometimes we take too much of a conservative approach to risk. While this ensures the viability of the organization, it can be limiting as to what we offer and how we operate.

Advice to Management

I provide advice to management from within, when appropriate, and all advice that I give is always considered. I have nothing to add here.

A very good company to work for.

I have been working at AssurX full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ethical business practices. Highly talented workforce. Collaborative approach with customers. (Many of whom have been customers for 8, 9, 10 + years. Customer satisfaction and retention rate is VERY high). Actively encourages input from customers and staff for improvement ideas. Genuine concern from management on employees' well-being. Employees given latitude to make their own best-judgement decisions. Essentially, everyone rows in the same direction, with a focus on doing right by the customer. Even when the customer is "wrong", and it costs to maintain their satisfaction, I've seen management being more than generous in doing "whatever it takes" to keep the customer happy, and the company's stature in the marketplace intact.

Cons

Haven't figured out why the company isn't multiple times larger than it is. It really should be based on both an excellent product and Professional Services group; a workforce that is very committed to the success of customer implementations of CATSWeb, (its core product); a management team that is hugely supportive of both employees and customers, and who are nimble enough to change strategy pretty quickly in response to changing business circumstances. Perhaps one area that may be holding it back is a conservative approach to risk, (which may even be described as risk-averse in certain areas); which actually serves it well in many respects, (very stable financially), but may somewhat stifle revenue growth. (This reviewer is not negatively impacted from a personal perspective, just noting a relatively conservative - though in fairness, improving - approach to risk may be one factor impacting overall company growth).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; consider being maybe a little less risk averse; continue to do the right thing by employees and customers, and the company will be around for another 15 years, and more.

RSS Feed </> Embed