Assurant Employee Benefits

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
John S. Roberts

Pros
  • If we had difficulty technically, the other developers were always willing to help (in 3 reviews)

• Home office support staff is outstanding (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Pricing is out of touch with Market (in 4 reviews)

• there is a "blanket" approach to product, pricing and distribution that is not a good fit for all markets (in 2 reviews)

1. Wonderful place to work

Pros

Great Company Dedicated to Employees Great Benefits - Tuition and Insurance

Cons

Company is being sold. Interested to see who will buy and what that will do to the culture.

Advice to Management

Thank you for taking care of the staff.

Awesome Internship Opportunity

Pros

This was a really great internship. The leadership and activities offered me a lot of valuable experience in both technical and interpersonal skills. I was able to work on meaningful projects that kept me busy and also had good business value. This opportunity was fun and worthwhile.

Cons

Sometimes while starting new projects it took a while to get access to things that were necessary for me to move forward, hindering any progress.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I would definitely suggest this job opportunity to my peers. The company activities helped me to get to know my coworkers. I had a lot of fun and learned way more than I could have hoped for.

Excellent Internship

Current Employee - Intern in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Intern in Kansas City, MO

Pros

They offer plenty of work to keep you busy and help you learn what it is truly like to work in an IT shop. They are highly invested in the intern program here and are more than happy to assist in any way possible. The other interns are all great and are very enjoyable to work with. Plenty of office 'events' that really make the environment feel very relaxed/casual.

Cons

Modern development is somewhat hindered by legacy systems

5. Employee

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

None that I can think of!

6. Ok Place to work for

Former Employee - Analyst in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Analyst in Kansas City, MO

Pros

People are nice and most management are friendly. Enough work to keep you busy through out the year

Cons

Parking is two blocks away and can be difficult when you have to wait for the shuttle in the cold weather. Lack of career path which pushed lot of employees to start looking for jobs outside.

Wonderful culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Good team, benefits, work life balance, expectations and culture. People tend to stay here which speaks volumes. Overall, departments collaborate to achieve goals. Sr leadership team is stellar.

Cons

Salary tends to be below average but makes up for it in culture. HR even admitted that!

Advice to Management

Keep people involved and take input seriously. Pay better to ensure you don't lose young talent.

8. Claims Analyst

Current Employee - Case Manager Analyst in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Case Manager Analyst in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Assurant Employee Benefits (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok, company, the people aren't really friendly.. The pay was great, big department but don't expect to work in a team.. it is not a team environment

Cons

You will never be able to advance within the company

Advice to Management

More training

9. Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Assurant Employee Benefits (More than 5 years)

Pros

Do the right thing for the clients, great people, good benefits, good corporate culture. I really enjoyed my time there.

Cons

The pay structure was always changing, a lot of reorganization, some managers were amazing but some at times treated you like you were a child that needed to be micro managed.

Advice to Management

I would recommend not treating educated, salaried professionals as though they were entry level call center employees.

10. Sales Managers play favoritism!

Current Employee - Group Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Group Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Assurant Employee Benefits full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovation, taking the lead with enrollment and providing solutions to brokers/groups.

Cons

Managers don't get it, play favoritism to their traditional reps. They don't give the same treatment to their worksite reps. Very discouraging!

Advice to Management

Assurant is a team, your dental and vision are not the lead... It's not a product play its providing comprehensive solutions to the broker community. And stop hiring account managers based on looks!

11. Mundane Place to Work

Current Employee - Dental Claims Analyst
    Current Employee - Dental Claims Analyst

Pros

There are no pros to working here. It's a dead end job. Pretty much the only pro is that it's a job. Dental plan is decent, it is an insurance company that offers dental insurance. However, the medical insurance is quite horrid. Do not go on the family plan for medical; individual is bad enough.

Cons

They'll straight up lie to you during the interview process and promise you a split schedule of processing and phones but that's a lie. You'll do nothing but phones. You will talk all day, 5 days a week, and when you get home you won't want to talk to friends/loved ones because of how much it drains you. If you want processing time you need to do OT. And for the OT they'll send out stupid emails trying to get people to work out but provide minuscule benefits to do so (e.g. work 15 hours and get a $20 gift card free, if everyone works x number of hours we'll have a drawing for higher value gift cards). Why should you work so someone else can get a gift card? So silly... provide benefits based on performance not randomly. They have no dedicated trainers anymore. Not a good sign for the company as a whole. You work with dental insurance. Have fun talking about people's mouths all day long. There are no opportunities for growth in this job. It's 100% a dead end job. You don't get rewarded till the year end review for taking more calls than required. It's not really worth it to take more calls. They should have a system in place where every x calls you take above the norm you get a higher pay rate for that pay period. Other companies I know do this. They're too lazy and would have to actually monitor calls for that to happen though. I could go on but I feel that's enough. Run far away from this job.

Advice to Management

Get unstuck in your ways and actually listen to employee feedback

RSS Feed </> Embed