Assurant Health

www.assuranthealth.com

Assurant Health Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014
Assurant Health – US – “Assurant Health”

Assurant Health President & CEO Adam Lamnin

Adam Lamnin

Pros
  • People are great to work with and a very flexable enviroment(in 6 reviews)

• Good Benefits (401k - vacation ); telecommuniting opportunites for limited positions(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The new health care reform has made everything Assurant does change(in 3 reviews)

• With upcoming healthcare reform, Assurant Health will have to change their market focus to stay competitive(in 3 reviews)

Assurant Health

Management (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsGood comp plan when you consider all aspects of compensation from Base Salary, Benefits, Short-term Incentives and Long-term Incentives.

ConsTroubling times in the Healthcare industry; need to revisit the majority of their business model; not likely to be able to obtain enough critical mass if they are not successful in transforming themselves for a post-Obamacare world.

I think that the company as a whole was great to work for, I learned alot, met very nice people

Lead Underwriter (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsSalaries were very decent, compensated well

Constraveling downtown was not a convenient drive for me

Great company with friendly hard working people

Senior Account Administrator (Former Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsThere was always work to do and people generally worked hard to get the job done. It was a quiet productive atmosphere and the department worked as a team to accomplish many tasks.

ConsThe plan was to begin outsourcing much of the work, so that is frustrating. There also wasn't much room to move up the ladder unless you wanted to switch departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Watch your back; low salary for hard work

Correspondent (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsHealth insurance coverage (not Assurant's own coverage)

ConsVERY low pay (although it seemed like a lot to a recent grad).
    No overtime to compensate for hours worked. Salaried but had to clock in and out and couldn't be late or make up time.
    Very stressful -- always buried under work with no relief.
    Personal phone time was limited to 10 minutes a month!
    QA reviewed your work, and your supervisor reviewed productivity numbers, phone usage, QA's assessment with you each month.
    Developed carpal tunnel in both wrists from working there a short while (co-worker told me this was typical in her former dept.). Good luck getting them to pay worker's comp.
    No internet access although we had online access to a medical handbook. I couldn't even get access to USPS.gov to look up a ZIP code. Had to use one from a nearby city.
    Job freezes so you couldn't interview elsewhere in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't tell employees you can't do this and you can't do that while you do what you don't want us to do. For example, come in late. But my supervisor did all the time. Talk to others (yes, crazy), but upper management had access to internet and IM, etc. Care more about employees than trying to reach productivity goals. Boost morale and allow others to get to know their co-workers.

Clueless

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsExcellent IT and mot people were great to work with on a professional level.

ConsTop management has no clue what the competition is doing in the market. Lacks creativity in order to be competitive. Has a "beat the sheep" mentality when dealing with sales reps and trying to improve overall numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop listening to the bean counters who use a computer to tell you how and where to sell in the market. Get your hands dirty and visit the market to find out what is going on. Just because you were successful as a sales rep 20 years ago doesn't mean you can apply the same paradigm to current sales reps today. The market has changed if you have not been paying attention. Adapt or die!

Under Paid

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsPeople are great to work with and a very flexable enviroment

ConsYou are performance is based on reading a script, day in and day out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire sales managers that have been in the industry.

You're better off in a law firm - less pressure and more professionalism

Attorney (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsSalary and benefits are decent. Located downtown Milwaukee. Building is well maintained. There are not too many positive things to say about Assurant Health.

ConsCompany does not care about employees. All jobs are being outsourced to India - even if you are still employed, it is only a matter of time. Your job is not safe - there are layoffs every 2-3 weeks. In the Legal Department, the General Counsel expects you to spend your free time doing charity work that looks good for her. Management in the legal dept is abysmal - semi-competent lawyers with zero management skills. Actually, "semi-competent" is too kind given the number of lawsuits the company is currently facing for their business practices (all approved by the legal dept).
    Company does not care about their customers - just take a look at the number of lawsuits they are facing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some competent leaders - and try not to outsource them to India.

Great Opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsAssurant is a great company. The management is constantly looking for new ways to make health insurance easier for people. It is a great atmosphere.

ConsThe new health care reform has made everything Assurant does change. It will continue to change for at least the next several years. Many people can find this irritating, but others may find it refreshing and quick paced.

RUN dont walk away from this place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI

Prossalary is better than industry average

Consworst place I have ever worked
    people cannot be trusted
    they will move your job to India
    no flexibility for time off

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no visible leadership at this company. I have never worked in such a dismal atmosphere and warn others to stay away

Very pleasing

SOX Audit (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe people were great to work with.

ConsNo room for getting promoted.

Worked for Assurant Health? Contribute to the Community!