Assurant

Be The First To
Add Photos

Assurant President, CEO and Director Rob Pollock

Rob Pollock

Pros
  • Assurant provides a reasonable salary and good benefits(in 18 reviews)

• Great benefits, solid company if more conservative than others on risk(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Not a lot of challenges to foster learning opportunities and very top heavy therefore there are no room for advancement(in 10 reviews)

• There is no room for advancement(in 5 reviews)

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Nice company, nice people, some shenanigans

Senior Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsVery flexible environment, friendly people, family friendly, lots of amenities (cafe, gym). Kinda of place you can work at for years. Good work balance.

ConsSome questionable management behavior and lack of HR intervention. 82% women make up the site I worked at. Men not promote as much.

Advice to Senior ManagementMangers and directors need coaching on how to overseeing a team and proper behavior and speech.

Good organization to grow in. Opportunities abound

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThere's room to grow if you can get past some of the barriers. Many of the newer leadership accept and embrace change.

ConsMonolithic draconian IT team. There are still remnants of older management with closed perspectives.

Advice to Senior ManagementShed the bureaucracy

Great place to work.

Claims Examiner (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsFamily friendly, Gym on site along with high focus on employee activities. Great coworkers. Day care on site.

ConsPay not as high as comparable jobs at other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementFair Salaries means higher employee morale.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could be better!

Claims Examiner (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsI like the diversity and family-like environment. The building is created to make life easier, there is a gym, day care and food court on site.

ConsHard to move up within the same department, most transfer most of the time. Clients get everything they want even if it badly affects Assurant's employees.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat environment, lot of benefits including gym, tennis court, basketball court, great selection of food in the cafeteria

ConsSoftware stack is not very up to date, you can end up using oldish Microsoft technologies

Assurant Miami

Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThe salary was commensurate with other lower salaries

ConsThe working environment was the least conducive for quality work and productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy belief is that senior management should increase increase focus on employee welfare and less focus on bonuses for senior management

Great company to work for.

Manager (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsVery flexible with employees, great opportunities for advancement, great daycare and school on-site at Miami office, good location, great knowledge development, good cafeteria and fitness center.

ConsVery few complaints about the company, work life balance can be difficult at times, just like most companies they expect more to be accomplished in less time.

Not a place I would ever work at again

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsI cannot think of any positives of working at this place.

ConsAntiquated ways. Lots of nepotism. Management did not listen to employees and treated their employees poorly. You could hear yelling from certain manager's offices.

It use to be a great company to work for, but now you're just a #.

Manager Position (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsThey use to care about your development. I worked there for several years & moved up the ranks. Some departments still offer that real opportunity for growth.

Great company benefits. Company is always evolving, diversifying product lines, or reinventing itself.

ConsLots of layoffs during the last few years, but they keep it from the news by doing them dept by dept, so it doesn't look like a massive layoff. New management doesn't care about employees, it's all about the business and keeping stock #'s up. No work/life balance, it's all about doing more with less people.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you ask employees for input, really keep an open mind & keep it confidential. It seems when you open up to management with real issues, they later use that info against you.

Used to be a great place.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsOnly thing I can say that is a Pro is they are in the best city Miami.

ConsLack basic compassion for their employees. Lay off at a drop of a hat no upward mobility unless you're a brown nose.

Worked for Assurant? Contribute to the Community!