Assurant Solutions

Add Photos

S. Craig Lemasters

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsGreat benefits, wonderful people, building is beyond my expectations, sense of security. Are considerate if you are going to school.

ConsPromotions take a considerable amount of time, pay raises are given but on a yearly bases, more than strict dress code and attendance.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing an excellent job but workers who have more responsibilities than others and are performing above expectations should get rewarded more.

Horrible training

Miami, FL

ProsGym, big company, cafeteria, lots of vacation time. Boss is really nice, most employees are very friendly.

ConsHorrible training, my team gave me an instruction book for my position and told me to memorize it. It's been 3 months and I'm still shadowing my co workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet new employees try things on their own, otherwise they're not going to stay.

Human Recycling Center

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsYou receive pay for work so that you can survive, barely. Indoor Cafeteria, spacious yet far away parking from building, and somewhat secured.

ConsHuman Resources, yearly pay raise, managers, supervisors, and director. The fact that everyone you know around you has either left or is planning to leave due to corporate red tape such as punishing ,demoralizing, and taking away the few good things for your employees in order to reach higher profits for shareholders.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up to your employees and those under you. Help your employees get the job done instead of telling them what to do and acting condescending.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources seem to be clueless - all the way to the top

Miami, FL

Pros- great benefits
    - decent salaries
    - wonderful colleagues to work with

Cons- industry is moving in different directions and leaders here continue to spin new "stuff" based on old models and products. Time for a refresh.
    - HR leadership seems to be a mess. We had great people who provided a lot of value to many of us leaders over the past three years and they have either fired them or chased them away. Now we are left with no real support that know strategically what they're doing. There was a new Sr HR Leader put over the area about a year ago and since then the best left, and we now miss the valuable support we use to have. We don't understand how these people making decisions make them ... mostly it is one big clique of ladies who cover for one another. Hopefully NY will see the light, but they are too close to the leader of this area. Maybe someday.
    - They have stopped our public training courses. When we want something trained we have to justify everything to get a class. The culture was always one of learning and this was motivation and engagement for our employees. HR has killed that along with putting a leader over this area (training) that has no background or expertise. It's all very hard to understand the thought processes of the leadership in HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what is being done in all of the segments. Pull your heads out of the sand and stop relying on the strength of your personal relationships within the leadership ranks. Question your leaders, question decisions, and question your blind faith in the leaders you put all of your trust in. There is more than meets the eye.

Software Engineer

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsGreat people to work with, smart and motivated team with good business knowledge. Good work-life balance, good pay. There are opportunities to grow within the company but it is not easy.

ConsIts hard to start using new technologies and tools. Changes on priorities from one day to another makes it hard to focus and finish tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop shifting the priorities from one to another. Keep key people that have good business and technical knowledge.

Work, learn and enjoy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsPromotes the work-life balance, gives flexibility to the employees, technology savvy, offers great benefits compared to many other similar size company in USA. Promotes lot of team building activities, is involved and encourages employes to be involved in lot of community activities.

Conssome bureaucracies, obvious for a big company. Also it has been gone through lot of change management every year, some were obvious, some were necessary, some were not!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more open-minded and need to bring more stable environment instead of so many changes.

The Miami Campus is Spacious and Gorgeous

Claims Specialist I (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsLaid back culture. Business casual on a daily basis. Friday everyone can wear jeans and sneakers. The supervisors are nice, friendly and helpful. Your colleagues are down to earth, helpful and friendly. Everyone will embrace the new employees. Most employees have been employed 4+ years. Assurant is one of the very few companies that still offer a pension plan and a plus 401k. The amenities are good. Gym, day care, public school on the grounds and more. You'll have access to this while working in an inbound call center environment, an entry level position. The property is well kept and clean. Grass groomed regularly. Free coffee, and teas provided to your hearts content.

ConsSalary in on the low side, so you may have to depend on a second salary of some type, however had work does not go unnoticed. There are projects and lots of things going on.
    Training can be somewhat nerve raking, however, the trainers are kind and accommodating.
    The provide plenty of break time and generous lunch hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a great job and I feel you really care about the people who report to you, kudos for that.

the good, the bad and the ugly..

Miami, FL

ProsGreat location, excellent amenities. Always go against traffic. The grounds are like if you were at a University. A cafeteria which leaves you in awe. Daycare only for children of Assurant, a gym, basketball court. And, a Dade County Public school which is like a private school. Pep[;e stay to work here for years..

ConsThe ism's reign. Its a culture of nepotism and cronyism. Who are you related to? Who do you know? or, who likes you? or, perhaps, who doesn't like you.. I have seen people get promoted once a year for three years in a row.. however, that person was the SVPs sister.. Then, in the same department, people who were SUPER qualified, were looked over.. such is life. Also, people who speak their mind, are frowned up. Your looked as a boat rocker. They want you to lower your head and work. In addition, those who are easily manipulated by upper management get promoted. God forbid someone with a backbone or an opinion moves up. Also, they make millions of dollars and do not pay their employees what the market pays. Older, more experienced employees make MUCH less than new people off the street. They pile on the work, more than one resource can handle and then look down their nose when it cannot be done. Also, procedures are haphazard, work is pushed out, not allowing time for quality analysis. Management is aware of all of this, but turns a blind eye.

Worked for Assurant Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Assurant Solutions reviews and ratings in Miami, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Assurant Solutions CEO S. Craig Lemasters . All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Assurant Solutions employees.