Assurant Solutions

Assurant Solutions Reviews

Updated January 6, 2015
Updated January 6, 2015

S. Craig Lemasters

Pros
  • A good work/life balance is respected (in 5 reviews)

• Good benefits, nice people, non-stressful work environment, family-oriented (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • antiquated recruiting for the call center (in 4 reviews)

• No one does anything about incompetent management and leadership (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Different

I have been working at Assurant Solutions

Pros

Good benefits, can work from home, and year end bonus.

Cons

Need better pay raises have to go to a different department in order to increase payment.

Give more money to hard working employees

Well Run Company

I worked at Assurant Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

High quality people with consulate professional attitudes and demeanor; competitive pay; reasonable work/family balance

Cons

Not many that I would consider significant

Easy to get comfortable here.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Assurant Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Environment, activities, volunteerism, gym, sports, cafeteria, daycare and elementary school, commute.

Cons

Complacent, average salary, fear of layoff

Terrible management

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Assurant Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy work. Strict timings. Good working environment. Small team, mostly inexperienced.

Cons

No specific managing plan. Horrible reviews. Terrifying Korean speaking managers.

Very satisfied with my experience

I have been working at Assurant Solutions

Pros

Good management. leadership and people

Cons

It is hard to advance

big brother is always watching...

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Assurant Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

they promote fast, they have more than 20 senior reps that just started.

Cons

have a very high turnover, 75% of employees have been there less than a year.

Too much pressure

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Lawton, OK
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Lawton, OK

I worked at Assurant Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Salary decent, benefits great (medical, dental, vision long and short term disability) vaction and sick leave. Lots of extrinsic rewards bonus were great.

Cons

Expections unrealistic for supervisors. No opportunies for growth once in a supervisor position. Good supervvisors with performing teams were expected to carry the weight for the less performing teams. Supervisors were not treated equally and after you reach a certain salary forget about receiving a pay increase.

Learn to appretiate the committed. Be gair amd at least have the skolls to perform the job you are requiring uour associates to perform

Great Career!

I have been working at Assurant Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good employee oriented culture, good saleries and benefits

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility at higher levels.

Birds of a feather ... in the HR Nest

Current Employee - Middle Management in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Miami, FL

I have been working at Assurant Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are great people (worker levels and some management) who work here at the company, as we have people who care about what they do and how it gets done.

Cons

The pros are all in spite of the ongoing firings ("____ found an opportunity elsewhere" - like we believe that line anymore) and ongoing layoffs. It was a great company, but we're hanging on by the skin of our teeth and will be a memory eventually.

Old school, non skilled management and leaders continue to make the money and yet can't seem to turn things around. Perhaps if they looked up and outward instead of backwards (to the past) they could have made changes to turn things around ... yet, it may be too late now. Part of the issues are the antiquated and incompetent HR people who are here ... you have a non training management person who heads up OD and Learning (which there isn't much here anymore, like we once had). Not sure what Carey Bongard was thinking when she made that move, but she has made a lot of "great: moves since she came into our business ... a line of continuous ill informed decisions, as she still hasn't seen what her HR staff really are made of ... most of us leaders have no confidence in her or her staff ... They need a complete overhaul here in Miami and in Atlanta. For one or two years we had a couple great HR folks in the Miami office, but they "mysteriously" left and went elsewhere. They were focused on change and bringing things up to the current century an I can only believe that this was why they are no longer here with us ... so now we have HR folks who you can't trust, aren't knowledgeable and do what they are told by sr leadership and Bongard (and NY) despite the impact their actions have on engagement, trust and motivation.

It's all painful because I have been here for a long time and have seen many moves and changes ... they used to be fore the better .. now they continue to just be misinformed and the ship seems to have no real captain. There aren't many places to go in South Florida, so many are simply getting by waiting for the next show to drop.

Simply wake up ... get off the ship ... allow those who care about the company and its people to do the job right!

No longer a good company to work for. Too many layoffs and senior management plays favorites.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Assurant Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The employee benefits and the onsite amenities.

Cons

None of the other reviews realistically mentions that this company is big on layoffs. This is the only thing that is a constant at this company - layoffs. Management plays favorites as to who they keep. As a result, they typically they keep the employees that are not doing much work or making any significant contributions. The Executive management is located in either New York or Atlanta, so they have no idea of the day to day running of the company. They are only interested in the bottom line and the satisfaction of the stockholders. So every year they have managers look at salaries and recommend cut staff based on salaries that they think are too high. Then they let the staff go and then rehire younger, cheaper staff and rename the previous position so that they can't get sued for replacing someone they laid off. Also, they are laying off the older employees so they don't have to pay higher salaries or pensions.

Executive Management needs to take a hard look at the company and its policies and think about their employees and have some compassion. Whatever happened to employees being viewed as people and assets instead of just "cost"?